So what is your 4th of July food strategy?

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't really plan. I eat the same foods I eat every other day. I work out if it's a work out day. I rest if it's a rest day. If I eat a few hundred more calories I know it will even out in a few days. I don't gorge myself, but I do enjoy myself. It's just one day. I try never to have the mind set of "oh this is a pig out day". It's just another day.
  • TheChuDog
    TheChuDog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat and drink beer to my heart's content. I'll worry about going back on the calorie reduction July 5th.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take my cooler of beer, snacks etc and get in the pool. I plan to be drunk by fireworks time! I'll also drink more than I eat.

My whole family will be together at my parents house so I'm super excited. I'll log it best I can given my level of drunkness and have a kick a** time!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I hate using the term "strategy" when it comes to food. Strategy is a word that was used a lot when I was in the military doing emergency management. You might as well say "What's your 4th of July food contingency plan?" What are we, going to war or something?

It's Independence Day for crying out loud. You should at least celebrate by giving yourself the freedom to eat and drink whatever you want.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

- Will not go back for more- one plate rule and it will not be stacked

This is the only rule I follow on special occasions. I can put whatever I want onto the plate, but the one plate rule keeps me under control portion wise lol
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm eating whatever I want. As Long as it fits in my daily goal. ( not comfortable with a weekly goal yet )
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 15K that morning so....what ever I want. jk. but I'll eat what ever that we are having in moderation.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I don't know if we're having any special food, but if we are then I'll just eat whatever it is until I'm comfortably full.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a local fair before fireworks. I'll get some extra exercise in by walking to it (no parking close by anyway), and I'll try to take it somewhat easy on the food (I mean, like, I don't need pizza AND kebabs AND cheese fries AND sausage....but maybe I can share a couple of those with my husband or something), except that since there's ONE day per year that I can get a proper funnel cake...I will be eating a funnel cake. Past that, it's one day - if I eat at maintenance that day, I'll consider it a success.
  • Cpollard6608
    Cpollard6608 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I plan on running a 5 mile race that morning, but my best friend's wedding is the next day and the rehearsal dinner is the night before at Great Lakes Brewery. So, I am treating this as a vacation of sorts and am not going to try and track my meals and just enjoy the week. I know that I have done this long enough to have an idea of what I can eat per day etc. and still stay within my daily calories. Also, I use intermittent fasting to shorten the window of eating into two meals, allowing me to maximize two meals instead of gorging all day.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    as my name indicates: grillnchill - all within my daily allowance.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever I want and stick to my weekly deficit!!! It works :)
    Ding ding ding!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    my long weekend (july 1st for us canucks) plan is to go kayaking so im not worrying about overeating, ill burn most of what i eat off on the water
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    With 4th of July around the corner, what is your strategy to stay on target with calories?

-Im going to walk/run a half marathon before heading to the lake with my fiances family so I know I will have a few calories to "bank" since my fueling and after run only uses about half of what I will burn.

- bringing some fresh veggies to munch on and will sit away from the snack table (I LOVE CHIPS)

- Just sticking to water, some one has to drive home!

- Will not use a bun with my brat or hamburger (depending on what I decide to eat)

- Will not go back for more- one plate rule and it will not be stacked

- If I do go over my daily goal in calories I wont freak out but will just be better the next day!

So what are you planning to do?

Same as any other day.
    I do a fasting program 3 days a week, so Independance Day will just be my up day and consume 2500 calories with a good AM run
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Eat and drink what I want...stick to my workout schedule.

No guilt, no worries and no weight gain.

Simple.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foods. Have fun. Enjoy some fireworks.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating whatever I want. Probably 2 brats (WITH buns), sauerkraut, cole slaw, potato salad, and 2-3 beers. And stupid veggies, since someone always brings a veggie tray. JK--I like veggie trays, I'm the one who brings it, lol!

I'm not even worried, since the rest of the weekend we are stripping wallpaper and painting, pulling down paneling, and pulling out carpet (ugh, glued down *kitten*, too) for a rec room remodel. I'm sure that'll burn off those calories just fine. Might even need to eat more of the same all weekend, lol!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging at all for the weekend, I'm going to eat way too much fried food, more hotdogs that I can count too!! It's going to be awesome!

tumblr_mdk4xmfAmJ1qgos7ro1_1280.gif

my strategy is to start early and graze all day.
    protein macro will be met/exceeded.
    fat macro will be exceeded.
    carb macro will also be exceeded.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging at all for the weekend, I'm going to eat way too much fried food, more hotdogs that I can count too!! It's going to be awesome!

tumblr_mdk4xmfAmJ1qgos7ro1_1280.gif

my strategy is to start early and graze all day.
    protein macro will be met/exceeded.
    fat macro will be exceeded.
    carb macro will also be exceeded.

But will your alcohol macro be exceeded?
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I will be up at the lake in the Adirondacks.
    I plan to eat within my calories but I know I will be
    drinking beer. So I'm planning a 5 mile round trip
    hike up Hurricane mountain. The 2000' vertical ascent
    should help me burn a few calories!