So what is your 4th of July food strategy?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.

You sound fun. :flowerforyou:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.

Ah, I kind of agree since I don't get the thrill of grilling and seeing extended family and I definitely don't care about fireworks.

But I love the idea of an extra paid day off work creating a 3 day weekend to share with my husband and the "excuse" to book a cottage and do outdoorsy fun things for an extra day. I'll take that kind of holiday anytime.

You two sound like fun.

Obviously, you care enough about it to post in a thread about it....
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No longer care.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Also, how about a little respect for the troops that fight hard to protect our "useless" independence.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I'm loads of fun. I just don't get manufactured holidays that celebrate a history of violence and repression, that's all. I love All Hallow's Eve and my birthday, my hubby's birthday, etc. I just don't give two craps about "f-yeah USA" nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Indeed.
  • FairBreez
    FairBreez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP so I don't want to destroy the new habits only now setting in! BUT I will eat a little of everything and watch the portion sizes (measure!) since we'll have the bbq at our home for our family. THEN I will log everything I ate - how do you log homemade potato salad anyway? I use healthier stuff overall, not full-fat mayo for example. What a pain to log each item as you make the potato salad for a crowd, then divide it! Ah well, such is trying to get slender again.

Happy 4th to everyone - have fun and safe!
    Barb ~
  • dbmata
    Options

Also, how about a little respect for the troops that fight hard to protect our "useless" independence.

Too much merica f yeah, donchaknow.
  • PRMinx
    Options

I'm loads of fun. I just don't get manufactured holidays that celebrate a history of violence and repression, that's all. I love All Hallow's Eve and my birthday, my hubby's birthday, etc. I just don't give two craps about "f-yeah USA" nonsense.

July 4th is in no way a manufactured holiday. It's the anniversary of the day Congress approved the Declaration of Independence.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure yet. Part of me wants to enjoy myself with whatever is available. The other part wants to make sure I stay on track. As the date falls on a Friday, I'm tempted to use it as my cheat day.

But then I'm also tempted to bring along my own meats/veg/fruit and just stick to it.

I'll see what happens. =B
  • PRMinx
    Options

Makes me sick to read crap like this when people put their lives on the line every single day for us.
  • dbmata
    Options

July 4th is in no way a manufactured holiday. It's the anniversary of the day Congress approved the Declaration of Independence.

Totally manufactured, Hallmark didn't create congress, or a mascot, ergo, it's manufactured and fake.
  • dbmata
    Options

Makes me sick to read crap like this when people put their lives on the line every single day for us.

The beauty is, those that fight and those that die did it expressly so that these chuckleheads could safely make those comments.

If anything, in a perverse way, it's a celebration of liberty.
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    My 4th of July Food Strategy is the same as my every-other-day-food strategy. Call me boring and monotonous but I have found that using weekends or holidays as an excuse to deviate from my health goals has never worked out well for me in the past, so I choose not to do it moving forward.

For me, the 4th of July will be a social event with food, not a food event with people.
  • PRMinx
    Options

The beauty is, those that fight and those that die did it expressly so that these chuckleheads could safely make those comments.

If anything, in a perverse way, it's a celebration of liberty.

Ain't that the truth!
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that I will more than likely blow it over the 4th, but just because I do is no reason to quit. I will get back after it on the 6th or 7th and in the end it will make no difference at all, it will just be a temporary set back.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Indeed.

This was great!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging at all for the weekend, I'm going to eat way too much fried food, more hotdogs that I can count too!! It's going to be awesome!

tumblr_mdk4xmfAmJ1qgos7ro1_1280.gif

my strategy is to start early and graze all day.
    protein macro will be met/exceeded.
    fat macro will be exceeded.
    carb macro will also be exceeded.

But will your alcohol macro be exceeded?

tumblr_m11uy1CwFZ1r4n4yf.gif

Thank goodness.
  • dbmata
    Options
    My thoughts are that I will more than likely blow it over the 4th, but just because I do is no reason to quit. I will get back after it on the 6th or 7th and in the end it will make no difference at all, it will just be a temporary set back.

6th or 7th, you sir, I like your buffer! :D
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat and drink everything I want. Gotta have cheat days, and if you can't let loose once in awhile, whats the point?

Getting healthy isnt about swearing off all the food you love. Its about moderation and making your body healthy and happy. Pigging out on a holiday or getting drunk isnt going to stop your health goals, though it may delay them somewhat.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Indeed.

This was great!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dbmata - Now I know why we are friends.