So what is your 4th of July food strategy?

Options

Replies

• EverSinging
    EverSinging Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    With 4th of July around the corner, what is your strategy to stay on target with calories?

-Im going to walk/run a half marathon before heading to the lake with my fiances family so I know I will have a few calories to "bank" since my fueling and after run only uses about half of what I will burn.

- bringing some fresh veggies to munch on and will sit away from the snack table (I LOVE CHIPS)

- Just sticking to water, some one has to drive home!

- Will not use a bun with my brat or hamburger (depending on what I decide to eat)

- Will not go back for more- one plate rule and it will not be stacked

- If I do go over my daily goal in calories I wont freak out but will just be better the next day!

So what are you planning to do?

Pretty much the same! Moderation is key. Deprivation no way! I am also considering getting everyone to run a holiday 5K with me that morning to bank some calorie space! :)
  • kimballard1966
    kimballard1966 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have to work. I will eat when I get home but do enough exercise earlier that day to make up for it.
  • EverSinging
    Options
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.

We love Debbie Downer!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Dbmata - Now I know why we are friends.

Heh, sometimes it just calls for a great clip like that. ;)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.

Did you know that July 4th is Independence Day in the Philippines and Rwanda? I call B.S. We should not have to share our official emancipation from the crushing rule of the Kingdom of Great Britain with Rwanda. For the love of gravy, Rwanda bans PLASTIC BAGS in their country! What sort of sadistic heathens would ban plastic bags?? It’s like they WANT cheese to dry up and get all nastified instead of protected by a priceless Ziploc, and that’s just messed up.

Did you know that July 2nd is truly the day we should be celebrating our Independence? Not only is it the day the Declaration of Independence was ruled into favor by the Continental Congress, but John Adams even wrote his dear wife, Abigail, to tell her that “July 2nd is a day that will go down in history.” I mean… the man WROTE HIS WIFE back in 1776! He not only acknowledged her existence, but wrote her… Hell, I bet he even let her out of the kitchen every now and then. If that’s not proof enough that this was a historic occasion, I don’t know what is.

Did you know that July 4th was officially declared a holiday in 1870, nearly one hundred years after the Declaration of Independence was written? And 2014 marks the 238th Independence Day Celebration?

Did you know that 2.5 million people celebrated the first Independence Day, whereas nearly 316.5 million people do today? BOOM! That’s math, b******.

Did you know that both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, founder of our Independence, died on July 4th 1826? Alanis Morissette totally dropped the ball on that one when she went nuts singing about Irony. Probably because she’s a dirty Canadian.

Did you know that “Ugly Betty’s” Becki Newton, First Daughter Malia Obama, Economist Gerard Debreu, and Olympic Medalist Pam Shriver were all born on July 4th? Yup… all people no one cares about. Awesome.

Did you know that July Fourth is technically the “Biggest Hot Dog Holiday of the Year?” Americans (not Rwandans) consume roughly 155 million on this one day alone. The biggest irony here is that absolutely no one knows the actual origins of the hot dog. I have long suspected Fiji, but hell, maybe it’s Rwanda. In any event, in 1776, John Adams and his wife celebrated by indulging in Turtle Soup, Poached Salmon with Egg Sauce, Green Peas & Boiled Potatoes in Jackets. YES. Potatoes. In. Jackets. Safe to assume that’s what I’ll be making next Friday.

Did you know that I’m never gonna give you up? Let you down? Turn around and forget you?

Did you know that your *kitten* just got Rick Rolled?

Now, if you can't find a single reason to celebrate Independence Day... GTFO.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I will be in Tampa riding jet skis and playing in boats (after spending a couple days at Disneyworld) then probably eating yummy food and watching fireworks with lovely friends, my fiance and his daughter.

But you enjoy being alone and doing nothing. I guess you're better than I am.
  • EverSinging
    Options

Did you know that July 4th is Independence Day in the Philippines and Rwanda? I call B.S. We should not have to share our official emancipation from the crushing rule of the Kingdom of Great Britain with Rwanda. For the love of gravy, Rwanda bans PLASTIC BAGS in their country! What sort of sadistic heathens would ban plastic bags?? It’s like they WANT cheese to dry up and get all nastified instead of protected by a priceless Ziploc, and that’s just messed up.

Did you know that July 2nd is truly the day we should be celebrating our Independence? Not only is it the day the Declaration of Independence was ruled into favor by the Continental Congress, but John Adams even wrote his dear wife, Abigail, to tell her that “July 2nd is a day that will go down in history.” I mean… the man WROTE HIS WIFE back in 1776! He not only acknowledged her existence, but wrote her… Hell, I bet he even let her out of the kitchen every now and then. If that’s not proof enough that this was a historic occasion, I don’t know what is.

Did you know that July 4th was officially declared a holiday in 1870, nearly one hundred years after the Declaration of Independence was written? And 2014 marks the 238th Independence Day Celebration?

Did you know that 2.5 million people celebrated the first Independence Day, whereas nearly 316.5 million people do today? BOOM! That’s math, b******.

Did you know that both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, founder of our Independence, died on July 4th 1826? Alanis Morissette totally dropped the ball on that one when she went nuts singing about Irony. Probably because she’s a dirty Canadian.

Did you know that “Ugly Betty’s” Becki Newton, First Daughter Malia Obama, Economist Gerard Debreu, and Olympic Medalist Pam Shriver were all born on July 4th? Yup… all people no one cares about. Awesome.

Did you know that July Fourth is technically the “Biggest Hot Dog Holiday of the Year?” Americans (not Rwandans) consume roughly 155 million on this one day alone. The biggest irony here is that absolutely no one knows the actual origins of the hot dog. I have long suspected Fiji, but hell, maybe it’s Rwanda. In any event, in 1776, John Adams and his wife celebrated by indulging in Turtle Soup, Poached Salmon with Egg Sauce, Green Peas & Boiled Potatoes in Jackets. YES. Potatoes. In. Jackets. Safe to assume that’s what I’ll be making next Friday.

Did you know that I’m never gonna give you up? Let you down? Turn around and forget you?

Awe.some. Potatoes in f*&*ing jackets biyatch! in JACKETS! I want to be at your party!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I think I might actually be in love with you.
  • odusgolp
    Options

Awe.some. Potatoes in f*&*ing jackets biyatch! in JACKETS! I want to be at your party!

tumblr_inline_n46mzcYUZq1rbe2o7.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

WELL GUESS WHO JUST GOT ON THE NO-FLY LIST.
  • dbmata
    Options

This was easily one of the greatest things I've read on this site.
  • odusgolp
    Options

I think I might actually be in love with you.

Office_i_love_you_too.gif
  • dbmata
    Options
    **** just got real.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foods. Not sure where the foods will be since family cancelled the annual BBQ. :grumble: :grumble:

This. Without the cancelled BBQ.
  • odusgolp
    Options

This was easily one of the greatest things I've read on this site.

*giggles* Why thank you....
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Crabs, beer & s'mores

I'll just do cardio in the morning.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Don't forget the lsd
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I'm loads of fun. I just don't get manufactured holidays that celebrate a history of violence and repression, that's all. I love All Hallow's Eve and my birthday, my hubby's birthday, etc. I just don't give two craps about "f-yeah USA" nonsense.

Sohardcore.jpg
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I plan on converting all my food calories to the liquid variety. Cheers to Independence Day!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Crabs, beer & s'mores

I'll just do cardio in the morning.

083bb1a76b5b59b741b009beec327aab4e1ca78f4d170de61fe07e5866c572a6.jpg