One meal a day

Options

Replies

• lkphilley
    lkphilley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you ask peoples opinions then it looks like you are upset with the answer what's up with that? you have made your mind up and different things work for different people hopefully it will work for you.
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just to chime in I have an eating window of 6:30-10:30. I have been doing it for 3 months and have lost 27 lbs

I am not starving all day, I only get hungry at about 5:30-6:00. I am easily eating what I need (calories and macros).

I told my doctor I was fasting daily and she thought it was awesome (her words). They also employ a nutritionist and have a weight loss clinic that they do, so she is a little knowledgeable on the subject.

If feel this is a sustainable lifestyle, since I am not starving myself all day (I'm less hungry now than when I tried to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day).

Also a lot of people I know who do IF have improved their health greatly by fasting.

If you don't have scientific data to back up your claims you should refrain from commenting.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    you ask peoples opinions then it looks like you are upset with the answer what's up with that? you have made your mind up and different things work for different people hopefully it will work for you.

My question stands. :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    you ask peoples opinions then it looks like you are upset with the answer what's up with that? you have made your mind up and different things work for different peoplehopefully it will work for you.

I see this soooo much. In terms of sustainability, absolutely. As far as weight loss. No. Calorie deficit will always result in weight loss. How you go about that is up to you.
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    the bad thing is when are not eating your body goes into starvation mode and starts to hoard what you do eat for the future and your metabolism will be reset.i had a sister in law that ran and skipped meals and she set her metabolism so high she gained at eating a single bit.i was 355 and dieted my way up by skipping meals --i now know it is better to eat something every few hours (small amounts) my daughter and her family lost weight by now colas or chips or white bread at first and walked then they ate a certain amount of calories and had free fridays where they ate what they wanted--gave them something to look forward to then back on their plan on saturday they all lost alot.i would say if you you don't want to eat at least do a protein drink for those skipped meals that way your body thinks you ate good luck

I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, but did your s-i-l drink anything with calories when skipping meals? You can skip a meal and still have calories. I have alot of people tell me that they haven't eaten anything all day, but they drink coffee with sugar and cream in it all day. That's not fasting. Fasting is 0 calories (although some allow up to 50 calories). You can gain weight and never eat a meal.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    the bad thing is when are not eating your body goes into starvation mode and starts to hoard what you do eat for the future and your metabolism will be reset.i had a sister in law that ran and skipped meals and she set her metabolism so high she gained at eating a single bit.i was 355 and dieted my way up by skipping meals --i now know it is better to eat something every few hours (small amounts) my daughter and her family lost weight by now colas or chips or white bread at first and walked then they ate a certain amount of calories and had free fridays where they ate what they wanted--gave them something to look forward to then back on their plan on saturday they all lost alot.i would say if you you don't want to eat at least do a protein drink for those skipped meals that way your body thinks you ate good luck
    *facepalm*

No, sorry, you are wrong.

not sure if she understands science
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

No, sorry, you are wrong.

not sure if she understands science
    I'm pretty sure she doesn't understand science.

giphy.gif
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

So I just wanted some input.

I started a new plan for myself and i can tell its already going to be the start to something amazing.
    I decided to eat 1 meal at 5pm with a healthy dessert . I have never been a breakfast person and I would usually snack at lunch time on unhealthy things. Waiting until 5 pm and drinking water gives me the full feeling that grazing through out the day does not.
    Or to constantly think about the meals i have to prepare etc. I will be going to nursing school in september and things will be hectic. So eating one meal a day is the best way to go RIGHT?

My friend said its not good for my metabolism and that i would gain it back if i were to eat breakfast.
    Im sorry but I call BULLsh** :grumble: back in the caveman days people were to busy looking for food they only had 1 meal a day. and was there obesity NOPE.. plus if your goal is to get your calories in should it matter when. Its easy for me to stay busy in the morning and excercise until 5pm hits and than i have my 1 meal, yoga, tv and bed.

Is it to good to be true, or do you think if you eat one meal a day within your calories, excercise and build a calorie deficent that i will loose weight

starting:378

If it works for you then do it.

Sounds kinda like the warrior diet
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Not a wise decision. If you skip breakfast you will slow down your metabolism. I know what it's like not being a morning person, I just do protein shakes. I have one of those shaker cup things so it takes literally 2 minutes to make breakfast on my way out the door.

Try doing something like that to at least give your body something to go off before you have your large meal at 5:00. Plus I think it would be hard to eat all the calories you need in one meal.

Not true.
    I don't eat breakfast.
    Have not been since Aug 2013...
    Weighed 183 Aug 6th
    currently at 168.

And more lean

I eat in an 8 hr window, starting ~1pm and going to 8pm
    And don't eat for the next 16, hours 14 and 15 are workout time
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Sumo wrestlers eat only one or two meals a day. They never eat breakfasts. They exercise on empty stomach...Go figure....

I do the same thing.... :huh: :huh:
    And I don't look like a Sumo Wrestler
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Of course it is about intake and burn of calories. You will always loose weight once you burn more than eat. But here is the problem.
    When you don't eat breakfast and starve yourself for most part of the day, you slow down your metabolism and also you teach your body to conserve every possible amount of energy. .. which means your body learns to storage fat.
    If one meal a day works for you.. it is better to eat it in the morning, because you have time to burn calories throughout the day.

Your theory/understanding is incorrect.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sumo wrestlers eat only one or two meals a day. They never eat breakfasts. They exercise on empty stomach...Go figure....

Watch out. You'll get called a fallacy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    where's jessiebear and her fail for not eating breakfast!!!!!

YOU GET AN F FOR THE DAY FOR NOT EATING BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:
  • MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    personally i eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. i try to eat breakfast around 8am and have dinner completed by 8pm. this allows for a 12 hour fast.

Breakfast 800am
    Snack 1030am
    Lunch 1200N
    Snack 230pm
    Dinner 630pm

i prep my meals on Sundays, or the evening before and utilize left overs as well. i bring a lunch bag daily to work with me and enjoy a snack on my breaks. My calorie intake per day is 1800.

just sharing :)
  • MityMax96
    Options

Watch out. You'll get called a fallacy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know.
    I photoshopped my pics so I could pass as a lean skinny guy on here vs. a sumo wrestler.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I usually only eat one formal meal per day. Everything else is snacks and "light meals" -- it works for me. However, that schedule isn't for everyone. Play around with your meal schedule a little bit and find what keeps you happy, satisfied, and under goal. It sounds like you've got a good attitude and I wish you best of luck.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Pic on the Left Aug 14, 2013, pic on right Dec. 11, 2014
    sidebyside_4_months_zpsf582aff9.jpg
    Some time in Jan. 2014 I believe
    78c8113b-c17f-402b-883b-bbd3e2d2e4b2_zps6e24703e.jpg
    March 21, 2014
    photo016_zps65231f06.jpg
    Taken June 24, 2014
    photo040_zps80f21ac4.jpg
    June 25, 2014
    photo041_zps659ee7af.jpg
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If it were not for my Diabetes I would do IF - I do however do a quasi IF where I eat less than 400 calories from the time I wake up till 5pm - then the gloves (and belt) come off!