One meal a day

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Keep the shirt off. That shiz is impressive. :nogay: gayfight.gif
    See. I knew it was going to get uncomfortable in here^^^
    Put your damn shirt on MityMax. You trying to start a stampede???

I vote it stays off:love::love: :love:
    A box of puppies will be sent to the pound if you take longer than 30 seconds to choose.

A. A 3 month unlimited supply of Talenti
    B. MityMax jumping out of a cake for you

Damnit, I missed my time window for my futile dispute of sugars ebils. It has to be a real cake though. Because...for science. Well, details are probably not MFP approp.:happy: :sad: I don't need a box of puppies
    Yup, time passed. And MittyMax already left with an unnamed female. He was holding baby oil in the left hand and a spatula in the right hand.

No one said anything about baby oil and spatulas. Damnit!

and whip cream and chocolate syrup

just sayin

321362382356036853.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

pedobear.gif
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I came across this article the other day, and posted in the IF forum....

But an interesting read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10878625/Fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study-finds.html
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Put your damn shirt on MityMax. You trying to start a stampede???

I vote it stays off:love::love: :love:
    A box of puppies will be sent to the pound if you take longer than 30 seconds to choose.

A. A 3 month unlimited supply of Talenti
    B. MityMax jumping out of a cake for you

Damnit, I missed my time window for my futile dispute of sugars ebils. It has to be a real cake though. Because...for science. Well, details are probably not MFP approp.:happy: :sad: I don't need a box of puppies
    Yup, time passed. And MittyMax already left with an unnamed female. He was holding baby oil in the left hand and a spatula in the right hand.

No one said anything about baby oil and spatulas. Damnit!

and whip cream and chocolate syrup

just sayin

321362382356036853.gif

^Right in the feels.

Were you going to bake a cake? Can't you make enough for all of us? There also can't be cake without some ice cream. ...
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea.

Your metabolism will slow immensely, your body will store the food because you are practically starving for 24 hours. Sure you may not put on weigh if your calories don't exceed 1200, but your body will feel like *kitten* and you'll be sluggish and tired. Eat three meals a day with a snack. Food is fuel. Remember that.
    It's time to step away from you computer and stop regurgitating the same bs you keep hearing on Dr. Oz.

FYI, my body never feels like sh÷÷ and I sometimes don't eat til 1pm and I wake up and 5am. Maybe your body feels like that, maybe you should see a doctor.

I've never seen an episode of Dr Oz. Just going by what my nutritionist tells me, and it works for me. Just giving advice. No need to get your panties in a bunch, darling.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Terrible idea.

Your metabolism will slow immensely, your body will store the food because you are practically starving for 24 hours. Sure you may not put on weigh if your calories don't exceed 1200, but your body will feel like *kitten* and you'll be sluggish and tired. Eat three meals a day with a snack. Food is fuel. Remember that.
    It's time to step away from you computer and stop regurgitating the same bs you keep hearing on Dr. Oz.

FYI, my body never feels like sh÷÷ and I sometimes don't eat til 1pm and I wake up and 5am. Maybe your body feels like that, maybe you should see a doctor.

I've never seen an episode of Dr Oz. Just going by what my nutritionist tells me, and it works for me. Just giving advice. No need to get your panties in a bunch, darling.

Might need to research things that are told to you. As it's been said many times in this thread alone...the meal timing and slowing of metabolism for missing breakfast or some other meal has been debunked.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea.

So you simply regurgitate information without question?
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea.

No I just give advice with things that have worked for me. Just as others give advice for things that have worked for them. It's up the the OP what they want to do, not me.
  • ruizv17
    ruizv17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Please don't kill me fasting folks- have there been studies on fasting diets and the long term effects or benefits. To me as a human who eats and will kill anyone after a couple of hours of starving, it seems really stressful on the body. Are there any studies that have look at people who have followed these diets into their old age. Just wondering.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Terrible idea.

No I just give advice with things that have worked for me. Just as others give advice for things that have worked for them. It's up the the OP what they want to do, not me.

Saying what has worked for you is different then spreading misinformation.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    everyone is different, its what works best for you :)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Please don't kill me fasting folks- have there been studies on fasting diets and the long term effects or benefits. To me as a human who eats and will kill anyone after a couple of hours of starving, it seems really stressful on the body. Are there any studies that have look at people who have followed these diets into their old age. Just wondering.

There have been studies.

I posted an article a page back that studied the effects of fasting for 72 hrs, and they found it had health benefits in that the body would regenerate the immune system.

The "stress" you are feeling is a hormone called ghrelin....
    and it is ramped up when you eat carbs.....

I mean if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work......
    Everyone is different.

My health markers have gotten a LOT better.
    My BP has went from 133/73 -> 104/72
  • zephyr1975
    Options
    The only time I ate one meal a day was when I was on my pre-surgery diet. I would follow a similar diet. I had 4 glucose control shakes per day. Then I had a good dinner that was high protein and low carb.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea.

Your metabolism will slow immensely, your body will store the food because you are practically starving for 24 hours. Sure you may not put on weigh if your calories don't exceed 1200, but your body will feel like *kitten* and you'll be sluggish and tired. Eat three meals a day with a snack.Food is fuel. Remember that.

The bold is not phrased as an opinion, or what has worked for you. If it was, it would be "In my opinion", or "What works for me". What you said came off as "factual information". It is not factual at all.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it myself. It is just too much food in one sitting and would give me incredible stomach pains. I started out more than 100 lb overweight so I obviously ate a lot. I could never eat an entire McDonald's value meal because it was too much. I would need to get just a sandwich and drink and maybe a pie. The fries would put me over the top.

If you can make it work for you, more power to you but I suspect it is not sustainable for most.
  • Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    and mity can leave his shirts... and all the rest of the clothes on the floor
    hubba hubba hubba!!!!

Whose floor?

whoses ever's closest... or the porch- whereever. as long as they aren't ON you that's all that matters- chocolate syrup and whip cream are hard to clean up- so best go without the garments.

Just saying.

:noway: :noway: :love: :love:
    I like the sound of that

AHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GUYS HAVE ME CRACKING UP!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
  • Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it myself. It is just too much food in one sitting and would give me incredible stomach pains. I started out more than 100 lb overweight so I obviously ate a lot. I could never eat an entire McDonald's value meal because it was too much. I would need to get just a sandwich and drink and maybe a pie. The fries would put me over the top.

If you can make it work for you, more power to you but I suspect it is not sustainable for most.

chicken for instance is healthy but also higher in calories. I can eat a whole chicken in one sitting with veggies and a dessert and be in my calories if not around my calories and be fully satisfied compared to eating 30g of cereal for breakfast(would leave me wanting more) for snack a bar ( leaves me wanting more... and the pattern continues. I can not get full of off a hand full of rabbit food.
    Give me a big ole chicken , veggies, water a dessert etc ill be full all day.
    Extending my eating until 3-5pm is even better. I work out in the mornings and I feel very energized. than 3-5 when i start becoming tired I eat and im full all night.
    I used to sit at the computer with a big bag of lays and chocolate bars at night ... late night feedings were always my enemy.
    Now im full and have no desire to cheat. not to mention my walls are plasters with fat pictures, goals and reasons for losing weight haha..

Again , everyone has there own way. I used to think i couldnt go all day without eating but it really is a mind thing. Do you know how long it takes for the human body to actually starve. Hell and with the weight i have on me a few hours wont make a difference.

to each there own, but mine includes a big delicious mouth watering meal!
    haha
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure regularly eating a whole chicken is healthy. Chicken is healthy in moderation, sure, but using it most days as your primary source of calories?
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yeah, eating a whole chicken and dessert, etc. at night... Part of me doesn't worry about the timing of eating and another part of me wants to say that of course you can go all day without eating. If you consume "all" of your calories and just go to bed shortly after it's just kind of sitting in your stomach and burning the up the next day. I mean everyone is different and I say just do what works for you. Personally, I eat my meals and snacks pretty much all day long. In fact, I eat something about every two hours throughout the day. This keeps my digestive system and metabolism working all day long and into the night. I like to go to bed just slightly hungry and look forward to a filling healthy breakfast each day to start the process and jump start my metabolism for the day ahead. Different strokes for different folks I guess and again for me, moderation and forward progression is the key.

You mentioned that when you eat cereal or something like that in the morning you're hungry an hour later, well yeah... carbs will do that to you. Eat, burn it up quickly and crave more carbs. It's a vicious cycle that you should research. Protein and veggies in the morning work best for me.