Finding Happiness as an Adult

Options
123457»

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I still feel like a kid to be honest. Well maybe because I am still kinda like a child. Nature really makes me happy. Things like cute animals, butterflies and flowers make me happy. A morning walk through a large park or forest or on a beach make me happy. A good night sleep also makes me happy too. It has been this way since I was little. People actually stresses me out a lot (all that drama and expectations) so I tend to be drawn to the more solitary things in life. But I am getting to that point where my body is screaming for me to have a baby so lately, just looking at babies is making me happy.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for your thoughts and reasons for being happy. Interesting input.
  • mkflores7035
    Options
    MY SEXUAL PEAK......
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just not a happy person. If anyone finds the end-all cure, please let me know.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Having just wrote in-depth about M-theory, Quantum Suicide, theory of the universal wavefunction , our universe being in a D-brane... and the Anthropic principle :sad: and quoting Thomas Ligotti’s 'The Conspiracy Against the Human Race'

I wouldn't say I'm super thrilled myself at the moment :yawn: ..
  • Oklahoma_qt
    Oklahoma_qt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lol> I'm guessing we should have all listened to Peter Pan> never EVER grow up.. Lol
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    however maybe in one of the multiverses I'm happy :wink:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My family. Some of my best moments are when they are all gathered for a BBQ at the house. My wife and girls gather on the deck and gossip with whoever else happens to be at the BBQ. I am usually at the BBQ. Poking, prodding, turning, seasoning, etc.. Usually with a cigar and a JD. But I am watching them interact. Brings me great pleasure. Then, one of them will look up at me and smile or wink. It doesn't get any better than that.
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    My kids are definitely an important factor in my happiness. I also enjoy trying new things and making new friends, I get tired with routine at times. Relationships definitely play a part. Warm weather vs freezing lol
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Having just wrote in-depth about M-theory, Quantum Suicide, theory of the universal wavefunction , our universe being in a D-brane... and the Anthropic principle :sad: and quoting Thomas Ligotti’s 'The Conspiracy Against the Human Race'

Mr. Tolerable,

Of all the things you've considered, which made you happiest, as you considered it?

I've spent a lot of time meditating on this:

Luke 12
    6Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
    7But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Being alone. I don't always like being single, but I cherish my alone time and jealously guard it.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've always been a happy and positive. I am comfortable in my skin and enjoy the small things in life and making connections with other positive people.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    what makes me happiest as i get older: control over myself and my situations, routine, that super sweaty moment after a long run, feeling strong and healthy, and my partner has brought so much happiness to me. Any little thing i can do to return that to him, actually acts doubly by also giving me so much happiness back too. lol. there's just a ****-ton of happiness going on.

also: an icy cold pint of any sort of yummy beer, nothing too thick and filling though, accompanied with some groovy music, in the company of my love - THAT is one of my favorite happy places.

ETA: i'm also always a bit surprised at how happy it makes me to spend time with my family. they're really cool, good people. and i forget that, because i like my alone time quite a bit too.
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    the things i do, the relations i kept and the one i establish, a dog makes me happy and nice walk with a friend.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Mr. Tolerable,

Of all the things you've considered, which made you happiest, as you considered it?

Luke 12
    6Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
    7But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows.

Respectfully - nothing once I peer back the veil of it makes me happy. - Just think if God is omniscient, why create the devil, lucifer initially anyway? Doing so opened a pandoras box, because it means you potentially can sin in heaven as lucifer had pride in heaven and fell. So, this leads me to believe that we as a human race could get 'saved' go to heaven and then what sin and fall again because we are 'human' aka fallible.

But! Mr Tolerable Lucifer was an angle, we are human! We are made in the image of God, a trichotomy just like the trinity of soul spirit and body, we have a different set of guidelines, we will stand in heaven perfect?

If that is indeed the case... then we will be in heaven without free will - robots, slaves just as we here on earth are slaves to predestination - we would be slaves yet again robotic in heaven.

OR if free will is possible in heaven - WITH us ALSO being blameless before God.. why not just start there with God's omniscience?

Why go through the whole human experience on earth of so much pain, so much suffering if we could go to heaven with free will and perfect?

^it makes no logical sense to me.

What makes me the happiest at this point of my life, and it is going to sound sooo shallow and I know it is shallow hence me trying to fix things - is simply being understood, respected, improving myself while meeting goals, buying things I don't need, art, poetry, and women and wine.

^:cry: and it irks me that that will be the sum of my totality... if I don't find or change something.
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I find happiness in making other people happy. The look on a childs face when figure out how to do something new. The laughter of a baby. For me it is really the simple things. Most people are blind to how blessed they really are, because they close their minds and don't look outside of their own problems. If people would just take a moment to visit a child who has a life ending illness or to visit a country where children a starving to death while the parents are helpless to the situation they would see how good they have it. I always try to focus on the good things in life. Not that I haven't experenced tragedy, but I refuse to let bad things steal my happiness.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

Mr. Tolerable,

Luke 12

Respectfully - nothing once I peer back the veil of it makes me happy. - Just think if God is omniscient, why create the devil, lucifer initially anyway? Doing so opened a pandoras box, because it means you potentially can sin in heaven as lucifer had pride in heaven and fell. So, this leads me to believe that we as a human race could get 'saved' go to heaven and then what sin and fall again because we are 'human' aka fallible.

But! Mr Tolerable Lucifer was an angle, we are human! We are made in the image of God, a trichotomy just like the trinity of soul spirit and body, we have a different set of guidelines, we will stand in heaven perfect?

If that is indeed the case... then we will be in heaven without free will - robots, slaves just as we here on earth are slaves to predestination - we would be slaves yet again robotic in heaven.

OR if free will is possible in heaven - WITH us ALSO being blameless before God.. why not just start there with God's omniscience?

Why go through the whole human experience on earth of so much pain, so much suffering if we could go to heaven with free will and perfect?

What makes me the happiest at this point of my life, and it is going to sound sooo shallow and I know it is shallow hence me trying to fix things - is simply being understood, respected, improving myself while meeting goals, buying things I don't need, art, poetry, and women and wine.

^:cry: and it irks me that that will be the sum of my totality... if I don't find or change something.

Hmmm, for me, it goes back to the limitations on human understanding, and trusting that God knows what he is doing. It is a leap of faith. I have faith in God, and He has brought me so many benefits.

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

A certain person in my life is not a particularly religious person, and would consistently tell me how unrealistic and illogical this or that was that I was believing in God for. I'd say that God is able. Now, after years of seeing things - miraculous healing, miraculous provision, old emotional wounds suddenly painless, huge improvements on seemingly hopeless situations, this person now advises me to "do what always works - pray!" She'd tell me that I moved a mountain. All things are possible to him that believes. You want happiness - God can give you abundantly above a temporary state of mind. He can give you the joy of the Lord, a state of being.

I hope all is well for you today, and that you have a very good day today. :smile:
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Mr. Tolerable,

Luke 12

Hmmm, for me, it goes back to the limitations on human understanding, and trusting that God knows what he is doing. It is a leap of faith. I have faith in God, and He has brought me so many benefits.

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

A certain person in my life is not a particularly religious person, and would consistently tell me how unrealistic and illogical this or that was that I was believing in God for. I'd say that God is able. Now, after years of seeing things - miraculous healing, miraculous provision, old emotional wounds suddenly painless, huge improvements on seemingly hopeless situations, this person now advises me to "do what always works - pray!" She'd tell me that I moved a mountain. All things are possible to him that believes. You want happiness - God can give you abundantly above a temporary state of mind. He can give you the joy of the Lord, a state of being.

I hope all is well for you today, and that you have a very good day today. :smile:

Well I certainly hope God showers you with blessings. :flowerforyou:

Your kind words even brightened my day. :drinker: