Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Top this?

1235»

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    UPDATE?????
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    In, for the play by play of an old fashioned cookin' throw down! LOL, I can cook just enough that we don't starve and my husband won't leave me. So I seek to live vicariously through the epic dessert VS. swine match!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    I am going on a weekend camping/float trip with some friends, and we are having a giant dinner where everyone brings a certain item. It started out as hamburgers and hotdogs. As the years have gone by that we've done this, dinner has gotten more elaborate. Last year we made this awesome giant campfire pizza and a pie in a skillet for dessert. Nothing too crazy. This year, we have a professional chef coming along with us. She was on Food Network and participated in Cupcake Wars, (didn't win in the last round, her icing was too sweet) (yes I scoped her episode) but has her own restaurant. I am typically a nice person, and I consider myself a pretty freaking great cook. I grew up in a very traditionally Hispanic household, and my grandmother taught me how to cook great things. Anyway, when I first met this chef, we were talking about who would bring what. I said I could do dinner, and she asked what I was bringing. I mentioned making sopez and posole (sopez are like tostadas made with masa that hold various ingredients, posole is a type of soup made with hominy). She told me, "Oh, I think I'll do dinner. I rarely cook Hispanic food, it is just a knock off of the real cuisine from Spain, mixed with some Texas trash." Needless to say, she and I are not going to be bosom buddies or anything.

I got stuck with dessert, and I fully intend to kick her butt. My plan is to go with some lemon-pistachio cupcakes and raspberry vodka icing, and finish with a bourbon flan made over the campfire. I was feeling good about that until I found out she was ROASTING AN ENTIRE PIG OVER A FIRE. How do I top that? Make a pie that shoots fireworks? Make an Eiffel Tower replica out of chocolate stems and baby strawberries? Roast a blue whale? (Joking aside I would never do that, whales are great).

I need to beat her. I need her to taste my food and cry in the face of defeat. I need to roar, "EAT IT" while she devours my food in horror and pleasure. What do I make to blow her world apart? I want her to BURRRRRRRRRRRRN.

*Endnote, I am not okay with my culture being put down, especially my food.

*tl;dr best dessert I can make ever to kill a chef with my skillz

One word. Croquembouche.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    it must not have gone well...

we're still hanging.

Oh, and we want pics!