Tell me something interesting about you

Options

Replies

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on the Internet (not a dating site) and moved in with him 10 months later. We were from different states and never saw each other face to face until he came to pick me up and move me in with him. We have been blissfully together for over 8 years and married for two. :smile:
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I was Little Miss Texas when I was five years old.

I can shoot three pointers from just about anywhere on the court!

My maiden name is Iguess. I didn't get picked on at all with that last name(insert sarcasm).
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I used to embalm people (they were all dead !!)

:laugh: :laugh: geez, I hope so !

In the years before the internet, I met my first husband by putting an ad in the newspaper ! After 7 years and a baby girl our marriage fell apart. But later I married his best friend ..... and we've just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary :heart:
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have firewalked twice.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I ran a Tough Mudder for my 5 year cancerversary. :-)
  • StylishMomof2
    Options
    I nearly died twice with my first delivery in 2010. I hemorrhaged massively twice, 2 weeks apart. The nurses and docs said they had never seen that scenario before. I went on to have another baby. No issues that time!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I had a brain tumor in 1998. Two titaniun plates in my head.
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have attended two NFL games in the same day. Oct 2nd 1994, Seattle at Indianapolis - 1:00 PM game. Then drive to Cincinnati for the Benglas and Dolphins at 8:30 PM.

I used to bowl a lot. My highest series, 827 and I shot it on August 27th.

This really isn't me, but my mom is born 8/18, her first child born 8/18 and his first child born 8/18. Yeah, August is an expensive month.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I enjoy home brewing, traveling, and Runes if anyone knows what that is.
  • watermelonwolf
    watermelonwolf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can knit a sweater in a week and my favorite kind of music is Finnish rap :)
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It's a great source.

My name is Rain and I'm a Kilt Wearing Radio DJ who spends his spare time doing Rope Rescue (Also known as High Angle Rescue).
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ive seen 3 ufos so far

and plenty of ghosts

and possibly a fairy once too not sure
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Not only do they stink, they carry disease and ruin food, stored grain, etc. I'm a farmer. To me the only good rat is a dead rat. I firmy believe humans have an instinctual repulsion and aversion to rats, the very smell brings on the old hatred of the nasty things. Although they ARE good food for pet snakes , I'll give them that.

You're referring to wild rats, not domestic. Wild rats can carry disease and be destructive, domestic rats are not; they are kept in people's houses and are different to wild rats both physiologically and psychologically. Domestic rats are bred to be friendly and affectionate, and are very intelligent and curious. They are also very clean. They spend over a third of their life washing themselves and they can easily be toilet trained (and trained to do many tricks as well.) My rats live in clean cages, and do not smell. They are nothing like wild rats.

My rats are part of the family, I love them dearly, and for you to say something like 'the only good rat is a dead rat' is unbelievably inconsiderate and downright rude. Do you have pets you love? How would you feel if someone said something so cruel to you about them? Unbelievable.

I think it's cool that you have rats. :flowerforyou: I wanted to get a couple, but we ended up getting mice instead. I'm not saying anything else, because this has been a fun thread.

I guess I have some interesting facts. Both of my kids were born at 10:14 am, 2 years and 9 months apart. Our birthdays, if you include my ex, are the 11th, 12th, 13th and 15th of different months. I'm left handed, but play the banjo right handed, and I can wiggle both nostrils, or just my right one. My house is haunted, but I've only actually seen a ghost in someone else's house, not my own.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I'm an amateur author.

*giggles madly*
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I am clicker-training a 2.6 pound Toy Fox Terrier puppy, named "Belle." When she was born, she didn't even move the needle on the food scale. I want to enter her in obedience trials late in the year.

Welcome to MFP!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    <-- See profile pic.

That and I make my own pies from scratch.
  • teacycler
    teacycler Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a rapper even if nothing about me screams "HIP HOP!' I have a huge heart for Providence RI and want to plant a church there in the near future!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

I don't think I'm terribly interesting. The only thing I can think of is that I'm 34 and I can still do the splits?

^^^ How you doin????? :smile:
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    I can fit the bottom of a standard pint glass between my teeth.
  • cfkszbum
    cfkszbum Posts: 1
    Options
    half-polish half-ukrainian 19-year-old living in Poland. I'm not planning on loosing really a lot, only 5 kg to make my body look perfect!
    interested in languages, journalism, want to study in Scotland!