Tell me something interesting about you

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    A found-art necklace I made from ripped landscape fabric, frayed fiberglass, discarded leather cording, lava rock and black freshwater blister pearls was featured in Belle Armoire wearable-art magazine.
  • Buffalospiritdancer
    Options
    I trained as a professional clown so I could entertain children. (Volunteer only, never for money) I loved it. I also learned how to juggle. Funny thing is, my Wife hates clowns! Add me as a friend if you are looking for people to help with motivation, I could use some more guy friends on here. Good luck Chris!
  • dcgriggs79
    Options
    I am a retired forensic psychiatric registered nurse. I worked with serial killers, severely mentally ill psychopaths who took insanity defense for their crimes. I did this for 25 yrs. I was never bored. Worked with a famous doctor who had his own show on Discovery ID. Dr. Michael Stone. The show was based on his belief that not all psychopaths were mentally ill and believed strongly in some being just plain evil. How's that for interesting????

Fascinating! I work at a state law enforcement agency, but it's rare that I run into any true psychopaths.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I had two spleens that were the same size!
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Cooked for the Queen of Holland as well as the then Vice President Al Gore.
  • sisterb42
    sisterb42 Posts: 5
    Options
    I sneeze when I'm nervous. I rarely get nervous. lol!

I have a lot to lose too, and always looking for a new friend!
  • dcgriggs79
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm enjoying reading these.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I am enthralled with wolves. I have always loved them. A few months back, we met one at a pet store named Flurry. I was hooked. We went up to the sanctuary where he lives and took a tour and it was like heaven. Now, once a month, I go up with my family and we volunteer, helping any way we can. The whole place is filled with wolves and wolf dogs who people bought and then found out they were not such great pets. It is a passion. I have fallen in love with Zoerro, he is an amazing creature who was bought when he was a few weeks old. He is used to being around people so I actually can interact with him and look into his eyes, there is magic in a wolf's eyes.

I had a rescue wolf dog ( Arctic wolf x husky) many years ago, finished him through obedience class, he was a GREAT pet. Yellow eyes,silver grey and white coat, wonderful voice. I used to play wolf howl tapes to get him to sing.
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a steel BB stuck in my left index finger!
    When I was a kid my parents would not let me have
    a BB gun so I got ahold of one and kept it at
    my friends house. We used to put our finger over the
    muzzle and load up more than one BB at a time and
    one day oops! I knew I would get a bad beating so
    I never told my parents. I can hold a strong magnet
    next to it and it pulls on it! Lol

Welcome and good luck.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    My diary is public and I log EVERYTHING good or bad!
  • dcgriggs79
    Options
    I have a steel BB stuck in my left index finger!
    When I was a kid my parents would not let me have
    a BB gun so I got ahold of one and kept it at
    my friends house. We used to put our finger over the
    muzzle and load up more than one BB at a time and
    one day oops! I knew I would get a bad beating so
    I never told my parents. I can hold a strong magnet
    next to it and it pulls on it! Lol

Welcome and good luck.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    My diary is public and I log EVERYTHING good or bad!

That's funny about the magnet. Tragic, but funny
  • Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I disarm bombs and poke dead bodies (trying to figure out how they died) for living! :noway:

P.S. If you would have told me I would be doing this as a living 20 years ago I'd have called you crazy!!! :bigsmile:
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

At 28, I know how to cook chicken one way. Boil it. I need your help. :)
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options

At 28, I know how to cook chicken one way. Boil it. I need your help. :)

No problem :smile:
  • dcgriggs79
    Options

Did you use a Dutch oven?
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I am a retired forensic psychiatric registered nurse. I worked with serial killers, severely mentally ill psychopaths who took insanity defense for their crimes. I did this for 25 yrs. I was never bored. Worked with a famous doctor who had his own show on Discovery ID. Dr. Michael Stone. The show was based on his belief that not all psychopaths were mentally ill and believed strongly in some being just plain evil. How's that for interesting????

Isn't that the same person that does the show, Most Evil? Love that show.

Here's my interesting fact: I'm ambidextrous through and through, if that makes any sense. I also drive using both of my feet.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I think you win this round. Feel free to invite me as a friend
  • nonacgp
    Options
    Yes. That would be the Dr. Stone I worked with. I love that show too. I knew it had the word "evil" in it but couldn't remember the exact name of the show.
  • nonacgp
    Options
    Yes. That's him. We worked together in upstate New York at prison hospital.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I think you win this round. Feel free to invite me as a friend. I used to play the Friday night movies at our local"insane asylum" and take dates there on a Friday to watch the movies. Yup that goes back a few years. I origins?y wanted to be a psychiatrist but eventually moved on to other areas
  • PSMTD
    PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My thumbs are double jointed and I had full kidney failure when I was a teenager but have since completely healed.