Gaining weight is so hard

Options

Replies

• catramsey2
    catramsey2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are eating meals a person that wants to lose weight eats from what you describe.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    They used to sell this weight gainer in the 90s; mega mass 2000; anyone remember it? 2000 calories per serving lol..the Op could sip one of these throughout the day, if something similar is available?? How about a jar of nutella a day, and a pint of haagen daaz??
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Snack.
    Eat chocolate.
    And cheesecake.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you have GERD, be careful with eating a big meal before bed. Especially things with a lot of acid such as tomatos or orange juice. I speak from experience.

I agree with everyone else with doing things like drinking whole milk, eating chicken with the skin on, cooking with olive oil, etc. You should concentrate on eating constantly throughout the day rather than stuffing yourself sick because that can trigger your GERD.
  • kynsie2
    kynsie2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I was going to try ice cream every night, but it has so much sugar!
    I do snack on cherries and or strawberries in the evening.
    I thought cheesecake, but not exactly very good for you.
    I want to keep all my cholesterol low and my heart healthy.
    At my age, I need every little bit of healthiness as possible.
    Breakfast was cherrios with a banana and an ensure along with 8 oz of Kefir
    I had a peanut butter sandwich on 7 grain wheat bread with Polaner jam, an ensure and a banana for lunch.
    Supper will be grilled salmon with spinach cooked in olive oil and garlicand probably a bottle of lemon water.
    I'm going to have strawberries with whipped creme for desert and I bet todays total calories don't even break 1,700
  • kynsie2
    Options
    5'2 98 pds and I get tired of buying my clothes in the children's section.
    I want a butt lol.
    Started walking 2 to 3 miles a day so now I need more calories but I have more stamina and am not as tired as I usually was.
    Went for blood work today, my every 2 year ck up.
    I have been to a gastro but had no money for tests.
    Still don't have any insurance but i can charge one visit and 1 test so when blood work comes back I will go back.
    Sad, but now eating has become a chore and not something I look forward to.
  • kd1575a
    kd1575a Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The black and white way in which you see food is not helping you to gain weight. If you really want to eat healthfully, everyone here has given you great advice that you've ignored-nuts and dairy! Rethink the way you think. See things without your preconceived notions of "health" and eat more types of food, in moderation. Have you ever considered that you might be missing out on essential micronutrients by eating such a limited number of foods? Instead of cold cereal in the morning, make oatmeal with nuts, raisins/craisins, chia seeds, fruit, etc. to really bulk up calories in a VERY healthy way.
  • ELLena22
    ELLena22 Posts: 2
    Options
    A friend of mine's daughter was having trouble keeping weight on for her age. (85 lbs and 17 years old) The Dr. recommended that every morning she drink a milk shake which consisted of Breyer's vanilla ice cream, a splash of whole milk, honey, and a tablespoon of added sugar. and this she drank with her "breakfast." Doing this she was able to put on 10 lbs and get up to 95 lbs in about six months.

try it! I'm sure you could do whatever ice cream you like as well.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Nothing a lb of bacon with a couple of baked potatoes with all the fixin's three times a week won't cure...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I was going to try ice cream every night, but it has so much sugar!
    I do snack on cherries and or strawberries in the evening.
    I thought cheesecake, but not exactly very good for you.
    I want to keep all my cholesterol low and my heart healthy.
    At my age, I need every little bit of healthiness as possible.
    Breakfast was cherrios with a banana and an ensure along with 8 oz of Kefir
    I had a peanut butter sandwich on 7 grain wheat bread with Polaner jam, an ensure and a banana for lunch.
    Supper will be grilled salmon with spinach cooked in olive oil and garlicand probably a bottle of lemon water.
    I'm going to have strawberries with whipped creme for desert and I bet todays total calories don't even break 1,700
    Why is sugar (and cheesecake) bad for you, specifically?
  • kynsie2
    Options
    Sugar is not good for you. There is so much sugar in all foods we eat that most people get way way over the recommended amount as it is.(Look at the sugar amount in just a can of tomato sauce)
    Cheesecake, one of the main things my father in laws cardiologists recommended avoiding along with my aunts dr. She was diabetic.
    I love cheesecake! I could eat a whole big slice. I detest chocolate but sometimes snack on dark choc.
    I bought a blender and was going to get Breyers vanilla ice creme and put a banana in it or some strawberries in it.
    Boyfriend had a fit.
    "You're going to eat that garbage? You know thats poison right?"
    So, haven't had any yet.
    Going to buy some walnuts tonight and try Quino (sp)? Never had that before.
    I love oatmeal but it's very filling.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not good for you. There is so much sugar in all foods we eat that most people get way way over the recommended amount as it is.(Look at the sugar amount in just a can of tomato sauce)
    Cheesecake, one of the main things my father in laws cardiologists recommended avoiding along with my aunts dr. She was diabetic.
    I love cheesecake! I could eat a whole big slice. I detest chocolate but sometimes snack on dark choc.
    I bought a blender and was going to get Breyers vanilla ice creme and put a banana in it or some strawberries in it.
    Boyfriend had a fit.
    So, haven't had any yet.
    I'm sorry, I missed the part where you explained how/why sugar and cheesecake is bad for you. All I saw was an evidence-free (and context-free) assertion that it is. (Yet you ignore the fact that being underweight is bad for you.)

And why would advice given to your diabetic aunt be relevant to you? Are you diabetic?
  • kd1575a
    kd1575a Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not poison and Breyers vanilla ice cream has literally 5 ingredients in it, all of which are recognizable. Please ask yourself if youre eating healthy for you or for your boyfriend. What you described should not cause a "fit," especially in the context of someone teetering on underweight.
  • caesar164
    Options
    With that attitude your Never gaining weight!!Ever!!! How much does your boyfriend weigh?? He's holding you back!! Doesn't he like food either? To much sugar really?? At this point your just trolling!!!
  • kynsie2
    Options
    sugar
    http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/02/07/eggs-dont-cause-heart-attacks-sugar/#close
    This is just one link.
    More and more doctors are coming out that sugar is the main culprit
  • caesar164
    Options
    Aren't you logging your macros??? Just make it fit in your current caloric goals and you'll be fine!!!
  • caesar164
    Options
    Do you live in the US?? You should have insurance at your age... This way you could get regular blood work done, and see for yourself, that the sugar and fat will not kill you!!! I think both you and your boyfriendmay have some form of eating disorder or food phobia... If your active you should be able to use those carbs/sugars as energy, as nature intended...
  • caesar164
    Options
    2000 calories is the daily recommended amount by the fda, and you can't even reach that???
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend had a fit.

So, haven't had any yet.

I'm beginning to think you're never going to gain any weight until you lose the boyfriend :-/
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    sugar
    http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/02/07/eggs-dont-cause-heart-attacks-sugar/#close
    This is just one link.
    More and more doctors are coming out that sugar is the main culprit
    With your stats, being underweight is a much more significant health hazard than eating sugar.