Gaining weight is so hard

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    This is what happens when you have phobias/fear mongering of foods, is eating disorders. :ohwell:

OP: you been given excellent advice!! Use it. :flowerforyou:

I had heart disease and I eat all the foodz, including ice cream, cookies, chocolates, etc. :noway: and now only have very minor heart issues, which the doctor said if I keep up with what I am doing I will no longer have and that's eating lots sugar stuff!!
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    I eat 6000 calories a day, if weight loss stalls you eat MORE.

If you're not gaining, you need to eat MORE.

It's not hard, at all.

Dude, you eat mostly cereal and sweet potatoes with a bit of yogurt and marshmallow sandwich thrown in, interspersed with protein shakes. I don't mean to sound like I have my judge face on, but seriously? I'm curious as to the logic behind this?
    A calorie is a calorie my friend!

I eat whatever tastes delicious and isn't very filling to make it easier to hit said calorie goal.

I guess some people are truly that dense or fail to comprehend how the human body operates. Good job my friend...and I'd eat cereal all day too if I was trying to gain weight.
    Exactly.

Cereal is delicious, not very filling, very calorie dense, full of variety, and never gets old to be honest.
  • kynsie2
    kynsie2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    caesar164
    Thank you
    Is there a light creme you would suggest?
    You say add some, to the milk or could I just use it instead of milk?
    I am also trying to get fit.
    Tomorrow will be 2 months since I last had a cigarette. I now walk 2 to 3 miles a day and while it isn't much, I am happy with it so far because 5 or 6 months ago I couldn't get much farther than the end of the block.
    I just bought a bike and am slowly working on riding more than just around the block.
    It's not an excuse, but when you are used to just sitting all day and night smoking, it's not easy to just jump right in and go go go.
    I will start on nuts and adding ice creme. I usually don't snack because I get full then don't want to eat a meal.
    Also, I must say that until I quit smoking and decided to make a change, I never ate salmon or spinach or beets or a multitude of other foods. So I am making big changes but find it hard to do all at once.
    Thank you everyone, i am listening to all that's said.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    caesar164
    Thank you
    Is there a light creme you would suggest?
    You say add some, to the milk or could I just use it instead of milk?
    I am also trying to get fit.
    Tomorrow will be 2 months since I last had a cigarette. I now walk 2 to 3 miles a day and while it isn't much, I am happy with it so far because 5 or 6 months ago I couldn't get much farther than the end of the block.
    I just bought a bike and am slowly working on riding more than just around the block.
    It's not an excuse, but when you are used to just sitting all day and night smoking, it's not easy to just jump right in and go go go.
    I will start on nuts and adding ice creme. I usually don't snack because I get full then don't want to eat a meal.
    Also, I must say that until I quit smoking and decided to make a change, I never ate salmon or spinach or beets or a multitude of other foods. So I am making big changes but find it hard to do all at once.
    Thank you everyone, i am listening to all that's said.

Wow, I didnt realize all the things you were battling against! Congratulations on quitting smoking, I must have missed that part. I didn't think you were a smoker since your eating has been so compulsively healthy lol. The last thing you want to do is force your body into strenuous workouts at this moment. What your doing is great. As your endurance increases over time, weightlifting is an activity that will add bone density and weight to your body. The calories for "light" cream is 25'calories per tablespoon. I would use it instead of milk in your situation. Its a lot of calories, and that's what you need, plus it will coat your stomach, it will taste awesome and feel good in your tummy. Also have some whole milk at home. How about make some milk shakes with whole milk and cream, bananas, peanut butter, you can make your own weight gainer shakes. Use your imagination, and start loving food!
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Beer and BBQ did it for me.
  • kynsie2
    kynsie2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    caesar164
    I wasn't compulsory a healthy eater until I decided to quit smoking. LOL
    Father in law had quadruple by pass, sister had a heart attack, another sister just was diagnosed with cancer.
    So I decided even at my age, I'm changing. Might be to late, but I am going to give it a shot.
    I did buy some little weights. I am up to 5 reps on a couple upper arm exercises. Also trying the wall push ups. I figured the biking and walking will do the legs for now. Not much for most people, but a new start for me.
    I'm waiting on blood test results and maybe a ck up at gastro dr again, then I will try to start doing more.
    I know it's hard for people who haven't been in the situation, but when you are constantly hounded about your weight or what you eat, sometimes you just shut down and say heck with it.
    But! I will add more and different foods. Just no McD's ot twinkies or other garbage. :)
    Milkshakes, yes. with oranges, bananas, strawberries, never thought of peanut butter!
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic thought kynsie! And no, it's not to late!! You have a lot of life to live!!I don't eat fast food either, or processed sweets like twinkies... I try to eat as healthy as possible, when it comes to losing or gaining weight its more about manipulating the portions of these foods and manipulating the macros. You just need to expand your menu.. Dairy should be added. Eggs are a complete source of protein, it contains every single essential amino acid needed to repair and build lean body mass.
    Think about this for you to eat 300 calories worth of spinach, you would have to eat over 40 cups! Or you could eat two handful of cashews to get the same amount. This is an example of the calorie dense foods you need.