What Are Some Of Your Calorie Cutting Tricks?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• denizfindigi
    Options
    I bought smaller plates and glasses which are taller and leaner : )
    also before you start a meal place everything on your plate and see them all together
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I chew sugar free mint gun between meals to prevent snacking.
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of tricks to cut out excess calories.

1) Stop eating mayo period. If your sandwich/burger feels dry add some extra pickles, tomatoes or mustard

2) Don't add oil to your foods. It's literally pure fat. If you don't want things to stick to your pan, get a non stick pan. Also if you are cooking meat let the natural fats come out and use that for lubrication.

3) Don't eat out, and if you must go out with friends or family take a protein bar. I have no problem busting out a protein bar in the middle of a restaurant and start chowing down on it. You might get harassed a little for it, but in the end eating a 300 calorie protein bar is better than eating a 1500 calorie plate at the cheese cake factory(you just saved yourself half a pound of fat).

4) Prepare you meals early and often. As the saying goes failing to plan is planing to fail. Don't wait until you are at work to figure out what you are going to eat. Wake up 30 minutes earlier and prepare yourself a healthy lunch. Not only will it be a healthy lunch but you will save yourself the 5-10 bucks from eating out.

5) Use light dressing. at 25 calories per 2 tablespoons it's a much healthier alternative to the regular 80-120 calorie dressing and to me it tastes the same.

6) Substitute lean meats like turkey, chicken, fish for high fat meats. You will save on calories and likely increase your protein intake at the same time.

7) When eating a sandwich or a burger use only one slice of bread, or if you don't mind your hands getting a bit messy go the Atkins's route and remove all the bread and simply wrap it up in lettuce.

8) Drink vodka not beer, or better yet skip alcohol completely. Not only will this save your liver, it will save your pocket book, and likely stop you from making the bad choice to have a late night binge. If you need a drink to socialize with others you have deeper psychological issues you need to take care of by seeing a therapist.

Those are some of my go to tricks that I use on a daily basis to hit my goals. Hope they help.

Salubrious! I will gladly add these to my bag of tricks.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    When making a choice in what I will eat, I aim for filling foods that have fiber, protein and natural carbs like fruit/vegies. I make two vegies instead of a noodle or potatoe side for dinners. I make a list before grocery shopping so I can make low cal but filling choices to buy like lean lunchmeat, etc. I keep grapes and apples and frozen fruits for snacks. I like to make an occasional smoothie out of frozen fruit and plain non fat greek yogurt. It fills me up for a bit to get me through to the next meal. I don't use butter or oil. I drain my meats and/or dab them with a paper towel. I always weigh and measure my foods and pay attention to serving sizes. Drink lots of water. I keep a running total of the calories I eat throughout the day. I try new recipes to keep it interesting. I limit my carbs and sometimes use lettuce leafs as the "bread" when making sandwiches or tacos. Those are just some of the things I do. I am always open to new ideas