Looking for totally superficial, token friends...

Options

Replies

• Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    ce7e1357ee4d8bf5ca11156f029e03c1.jpg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Hey...I am just grateful to know that there are other "friends" just as bad as I am...I was beginning to feel a little bad that I wasn't cheering on people for eating under their calorie goals or burning 25 calories for scratching their butt!

I don't feel so bad any more...not that I ever felt bad...I warn people right up front...sure I'll be your friend...Just don't expect much out of me...

I did NOT know scratching one's butt burned 25 calories. Is that per minute?

I do know that the energy expenditure for nose picking ranges from 10-35, dependent on how aggressive one is and how elusive the booger.

Just what I needed to read about whilst eating my lunch :sick:
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like (:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm totally superficial, but not so sure how I feel about being a "token" friend.

A. of all. ^^ 10/10 would toke

number B. OP - So close! I wouldn't say I'm superficial but I am a little ficial, however I am much more of an interested philanthrope and a Tolkien friend.

Sorry man...
    frodo-crying-o.gif

Heh.
    (That's about as close to an LOL as I get. If I do lol, it generally includes a snort, as well.)

I'm mid-range ficial, have never toked, but do enjoy hobbitual philanthropy. My interest waxes and wanes rather poetically and preferably without warning.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Gawd I can't stand getting email notifications for an MFP comment only to find it is someone saying "great loss" when I am clearly at a healthy weight anyway.
    I don't even log anymore lol. So feel free to add.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I like the cut of your jib. Feel free to add me.

I need to confess I was a tad overjoyed at your use of "jib". I love the word jib. Jib jib jib.
    :happy:
    That is all.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You amuse me OP. Which is one of two criteria I have for sending a FR. But before I send you a FR please do me one favour; Use loose and lose in a proper sentence

Ha! Then demand that he use "their", "they're", and "there" properly.

My brain just combusted with happiness over these two responses.:heart:

It's good to know there are people like me out there. I often find myself ranting at the misuse of the apostrophe: "Ricks roofing's - what? the roofing cannot OWN things! What is wrong with you people?!"
  • Spartan__Warrior
    Options
    OP is my kind of guy, disinterested and disingenuous, he won't bug the crap out of me with what he is doing all day long on MFP. I want friends like him.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This has been the most entertaining thread I've read in a while????
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You had me at "fairly disinterested misanthrope."

This

You can add me also.
  • jshoreen
    jshoreen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work with plants because I can only tolerate people in small doses. Add me, or not.
  • VeLisaraptor13
    VeLisaraptor13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more with OP. Requested.

I've also added a few other folk from this thread. If you prefer a message with a request you won't get one as I haven't even bothered reading you're profiles yet...

I'm good at liking posts, which lets face it, is the equivalent to the half hearted "lol" in email conversations.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Gawd I can't stand getting email notifications for an MFP comment only to find it is someone saying "great loss" when I am clearly at a healthy weight anyway.
    I don't even log anymore lol. So feel free to add.

I turned off my weight notifications because of this when I hit maintenance :tongue: Like I really want "great job!" when all that happened was that I stopped PMSing, or I sodium bombed or alcohol bombed the last weigh in and my body finally flushed it out...
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right!
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am not looking for friends but it is nice to know that there are others out there who don't keep up with their friends either. I had quite a few a while ago but I deleted them all because I felt bad that they would all "like" stuff or tell me what a great job I did by burning them calories on the elliptical and the most I would do is "like" something of theirs every once in a while just to make it look like I was trying, lol. I have come to the conclusion that I think I like it better this way. I am still free to post and read in the forums and don't have to worry about anyone else's 2am ice cream binge because they are pmsing.
  • halfpint_2012
    Options
    I for one would love a long superficial friends list, I'm useless in the kitchen at making healthy meals, so a long list of other peoples food logs could go a long way in inspiring me, I also like to hit the like button and congratulate people on their achievements anyone can add me if they want too. That's pretty much all you'll get from me though, the odd comment on a good/funny thread or news feed, a few likes and me pa-rousing through your food logs.
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ah finally friends I can deal with. The most you'll get out of me is the odd like and maybe a comment on an interesting or funny post (don't hold your breath though).

So all you superficial token friends looking for another superficial token friend, feel free to add me. Oh yeah and I turned off all notifications except weight loss, so don't expect to hear much from me.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You amuse me OP. Which is one of two criteria I have for sending a FR. But before I send you a FR please do me one favour; Use loose and lose in a proper sentence

what about just theiyre
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

It's good to know there are people like me out there. I often find myself ranting at the misuse of the apostrophe: "Ricks roofing's - what? the roofing cannot OWN things! What is wrong with you people?!"

The only thing I cannot stand more than the improper use of words are grammar Nazis. As you can imagine the self loathing borders on epically comical.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll be your token friend :-)