WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2014

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Just sitting down at last at nearly 2 pm.

Woke up at 5 am. Got up at 6 am. Breakfast. Did my machines and strength training. Took DH to the cricket - in the rain. Went supermarket shopping and also bought two lovely new mugs. Came home to find DH pulling up in his friend's car as the cricket was postponed for rain and they decided to come back to ours with their sandwiches and to have a beer!:tongue: I had a tricolore salad, mozzarella, tomatoes and avocado with basil and then as they were leaving I got going on a mountainous bolognese sauce for having tonight with roasted butternut squash and celeriac and green beans. Any left over root veg will be whizzed up with tomatoes for soup. So I will have masses of sauce for the freezer, which gives me a great sense of security!!!:laugh:
    Then I made up a solution of old yeast I have had at the back of the cupboard, sugar and water and poured it into the slug bowls I have in the veg garden. The internet said it is just as good as beer and a lot cheaper. We will see. I have ordered 12 slug traps from Amazon which have roofs, so they won't flood when it rains. Then I sat down!:laugh:

I have promised to ring an old friend this pm so must do that. Otherwise I will catch up on a tv programme I missed and wait for DH to ring me to come and get him. Unfortunately the smell from the sauce cooking is sooooo delicious. :sad: It cooks for about three hours.:sad:

Love to all. Heather in showery Hampshire UK
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello to All, I have a hard time getting on the computer ynless I'm at work. My phone has trouble with the MFP app and I get frustrated.
    I had a great week-end. My DD and family came for the parade Friday and stayed after for a while. I met an old friend I hadn't seen in a while and we caught up, also spent a day with one of my DGD's and my DS. We went shopping and to lunch. Saturday night we went to the Moose and danced. Yesterday I did an hour of water aerobices and worked around the house. All in all a great three day week-end.
    I am only working half days this week and spending the rest of the time with my daughter and the kids. She can't go up and down steps or pick up the 4 or 2 yr old because of the C section and her hubby went back to work.
    I've put my app in at another fitness place, I want to teach more classes, water aerobics and maybe ab class. I'm hoping they call me. Keep your fingers crossed for me friends.
    I better get back to work,
    I noticed that people have words for the month, I haven't done that yet but I thought of one today and decided to share it. Worthy! We are all worthy of time and effort and I for one forget that.

Love to all,
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to read to far back. but I forgot to include my coments for what I did read.

Heather, Your day with your friend sounds wonderful.

Kim N Cal, So funny about the squirrel and Levi, it is silly that some people think they know more about your own dog.

Sandy ON, Glad that things worked out with your brother and his wife.

:wink:
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Yes, I'm still alive, but dragging a bit after the weekend.

Margaret/Cynthia - If you shared a recipe for blueberry overnight oatmeal, I missed it. Will you share again? I just finished up my apple butter overnight oatmeal--yummy!! These types of oatmeal are my favorite breakfast. I made up three last night to eat during the week. The other two are Banana Cream and Peanut Butter Apple.

I loved the Levi stories! Poor puppy!

Joyce - Your picture is lovely!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with getting my house ready!! I finally truly lost my temper with my son and told him he could not go on his mission trip this week unless he had everything on his list finished. He began telling me that he would go regardless of what I said until I told him that it was our pastor who had said that, if he could not do what he needed to do at home, then he did not need to be on the trip. I hated to use that as a consequence, but my sanity is important, too! Needless to say, he was finished with his list in 30 minutes. Why he couldn't have just done that to begin with is beyond me! :explode:

In the process of cleaning, I have run out of garbage can space (the city provides a large container and it is the only one that they will empty) more than once. However, this week, I filled my own can to overflowing, asked a neighbor to use theirs and filled it to overflowing, and then snuck three bags more into another neighbor's can on my way to work this morning. I still have an overflowing kitchen trash can and some odds and ends to throw away when I get home. BTW, I would have asked permission for the other neighbor's garbage can, but it was too late to knock on their door last night. It felt so good to get all of that stuff out of my house!! I can't even count the number of trips I've made to Goodwill and the library to drop off donations!

I had a blast with my friend over the 4th. We went shopping for real plus we went to some furniture stores and did some dreaming about what I want in my new place. I found a sofa and loveseat that I want (The store owner gave me the info so that I will have it when I'm ready to buy.) and discovered what I did not want in dining furniture! :smile: I plan on taking almost nothing from my house when I move. There is very little that I still like and most everything is worn out--my ex had other things to do with our money than to buy furniture or repair our house, in addition to it all being almost 30 years old and living with two kids.

We went out for lunch and shopping on Friday afternoon and I forgot my phone. The boy child figured out pretty quickly that he could call her by using my cell phone and proceeded to whine all afternoon because I was gone. I would say that I don't know what is up with him, but I do. He is doing the "push/pull" thing that kids do when they are getting ready to make a big change in their lives. To top if off, my daughter was angry because she wanted to join us for dinner and couldn't find us because I didn't have my phone. I came home to an incredibly passive-aggressive text from her. However, I had talked to her that morning and she had decided that she didn't want to come to my house and help with anything because she had to work on Saturday. Therefore, she lost the opportunity for dinner! Sorry, for venting, but those two have frustrated the crap out of me this weekend with their childishness. :grumble:

I went to Aldi to buy groceries yesterday. I came home with two quarts of strawberries, a pint of blueberries, a quart (?) of cherries, two cantaloupes, a big watermelon, bananas, peaches, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, corn, lettuce greens, boneless chicken breasts, no sugar added fudge pops, plus several other items for $50. At Wal-Mart, that would have cost me at least $75. Unfortunately, I can't do all of my shopping there so I will still need to hit Wal-Mart for peanut butter and a few other things. I am so looking forward to my meals this week!! :bigsmile:

In other good news, I have had two full nights of sleep!! I don't feel rested when I take Ambien so it's not really worth taking for me, even though I sleep more with it. I remembered over the weekend that I had some Trazadone and I took a minimum dose of that. I slept through the night with no remembered waking up time. I feel soooooo much better!!! I will continue to take it for at least a few more nights then see if I can sleep without it. I just want to take it until I've broken the cycle of no sleep. :love:

I suppose I ought to find something to do. I am by myself in this office this week because the pastor is on a plane to Honduras right now. Because of Carolina Cross Connection, my son is in the mountains of NC on a mission trip working with the homeless in Asheville and my co-worker is on his way to Honduras. I like this thing of no one breathing my air either at work or at home! :laugh:

Have a great day!

Carol in hot and sunny NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I was under my calorie limit yesterday but I'm up 2.5 pounds this morning. :tongue: I'm pretty sure that it is sodium from the pizza and it was worth it. I'll be sure to drink my water today. :drinker: I'll also be watching my calories and moving more for the next while until I"m clearly where I'm supposed to be.

Log your food and drink you water.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon.
  • nanbarnes1
    nanbarnes1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new. I do not understand this entire calorie deficiet part and how to actually count calories correctly.
    Do I want a net - number every day?

I am doing moderate movement at work but cardio - water exercise 90 minutes each day and roughly 1630 in calorie intake. Charting the food and the cardio is not bad for the first 11 days (where I am now) but I just need a better understanding on what I am seeing on my fitness pal.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I am new. I do not understand this entire calorie deficiet part and how to actually count calories correctly.
    Do I want a net - number every day?

I am doing moderate movement at work but cardio - water exercise 90 minutes each day and roughly 1630 in calorie intake. Charting the food and the cardio is not bad for the first 11 days (where I am now) but I just need a better understanding on what I am seeing on my fitness pal.
    Hi, and welcome!
    If you've filled everything out correctly (height, weight, activity level and *reasonable* amount of weight loss per week), then MFP will give you net calories. You'll notice that the calories you're allowed to eat increase when you log exercise. That's called "eating back your exercise calories".
    The deficit you need to have to lose weight is built in in what MFP tells you to eat, so you can eat as many calories as it suggests. That being said, I understand the calories MFP gives you for exercise may be on the high side. You could try everything just as it is for a few weeks and see what it does for you.
    Good luck!
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to you all! Our blueberries are starting to come in so it will be picking every couple of days for several weeks! For those of you who like to make jam (and with all the great fruit this time of year it's hard not to), you might want to try using Pomona as the pectin. It is a very low sugar form of pectin so you get great fruit taste without jam calories! I used it last year and plan to use it exclusively from now on. It uses a calcium solution (stuff comes with the pectin) to help jelling and preserving.

Hope you all are enjoying some lovely weather. Off to pick blueberries!

Jill in western MA
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    Welcome Liz.
    Welcome any new ladies.
    The townhouse looks promising,if our landlady will cooperate and call or email the broker.I don`t have faith ,she will do what she had agreed to do.
    HUGS
    jane
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    This is me up the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth. I have a serious fear of heights so it was a stretch for me to go up. But once I was up there I wasn't nervous at all.
    How like life in general! ! ! ! :laugh: :drinker:

Jane - crossing my fingers for you x x x x x x

Love Heather in sunny Hampshire UK
  • jbekkaz
    jbekkaz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site and still lurking around trying to find a place to "belong". Seen this topic and decided to "pop in". This being day 1, I already see I'm going to struggle! Not much on cooking (as I am usually home alone when hubby works out of country) and have already ate up most of my daily allowance! YIKES! Hope to teach myself new habits! Got 30lbs to melt off.

I'm on HRT and also have hypothyroidism (that just recently went whacko again). Hope to make some MOTIVATIONAL friends to keep me in line.

Hope everyone had a nice and safe 4th of July and look forward to "meeting".

Johanna ~ in sweltering Middle Tennessee
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Getting here later than usual today as DD wanted to do an early run on the beach. It was pretty deserted and beautiful that early, I walked and got lots of steps; almost 10,000 already. No dolphins spotted today, just tons of gulls and seabirds. Not too hot or humid with a little breeze. I totally appreiate that we are so fortunate to be able to do this whenever we want. Then, after getting cleaned up at home, we drove in to town for errands and lunch. Her pick............some awful fast food chain place called "Moe's"; found it hideously expensive for that kind of food; which is definately not my favorite to begin with. Just ordered a hard shell taco.........nothing special and certainly not worth the price. Apparently very "in" with the college-age crowd.

Supposed to be planning our next little trip sometime today, waiting for DD to make a phone call to a college as that stop will be our first.

Heather...........Gorgeous new pic!!! Yay for you for overcoming your fear of heights.

Kim..............Loved the Levi story. I've had 2 dogs, both basenjis, and they both detested other dogs too.

Sandy..........Glad you got to meet your brother and had a good talk. Good luck to your DD with the dating scene.

Liz.........Welcome back; I think you were leaving shortly after I was arriving here.

janemartin................fingers still crossed here.

Line dance tonight if I go...........not certain yet.

Have a good day everyone.
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi dear friends. I thought I’d check in early today since I need to get busy and get ready for the trip! I forgot to tell you about my 2 bird adventures….yesterday I was in the yard and looked up at the garden. We have a rabbit fence attached to 4’ posts. Sitting right there in front of me on one of the posts and making eye contact (gulp) was a very large red tailed hawk. He just sat there staring at me, so I slowly wandered off and he stayed for a while. He was beautiful and obviously knows we have tons of rabbits eating our flowers, so I guess our yard made him a good grocery store.

My other adventure was a baby bird rescue. We have a pergola with awnings and every year we have 2-3 cycles of bird nests and babies. This last set was 4 robins who all finally flew off. I kept hearing a little cheeping noise and the parents were flying around frantically, and I finally found him. We have a very deep window well with an egress window in our basement, and there the little guy was. It was Stephen (I name all the babies…I know, I need a life), and he couldn’t fly well enough to get out. So I climbed down the escape ladder attached to the brick wall and captured him and set him up on the ground. All the while I was being dive-bombed by the parents who were screeching and carrying on. So I guess I did my good deed for the day!

Went to the dentist today (no cavities as usual…have never had one) and now I need to get ready for the trip. I am actually excited to go which is unheard of for me and VERY excited to be having lunch with the CO Ladies Who Lunch on the 12th in Denver!

My poor DD#2 got stood up last night on her very first ever date. She was crushed. But now the boy has called her and apologized, and they are going out tonight. He supposedly fell asleep. Well I think it’s crap, but everyone deserves a chance so she’s going.

Sandy: sounds like your dad took an emotional toll even though connecting was good!

Karen: your post hit me as did Liz’s. I have not been making any progress on my weight in quite some time and I think I’m sabotaging myself and not taking this seriously. For me it’s all about the exercise, which I also need for my diabetes, but I find all sorts of excuses not to go.

Lestan: sorry I forgot your real name! I love the image of the beagle commando crawling up to other doggies!

DrKatie: wow that’s quite the walk! Where did you go?

Michele: a gift card to Amazon would probably be great! I’m not sure I would invest the time, energy, and money into a trip to see Bryan when you don’t know how he will respond.

Liz: whoa! Those glucose numbers gave you a heads up and I am glad! You can do this!

Katla: I have never had Papa Murphy’s but the chain started in the midwest somewhere I think. I know lots of people enjoy it, but for a pizza splurge I want Godfather’s taco pizza. OMG yum

Joyce: oh yeah those sonic blasts are great but omg the calories…and carbs!

Kim: I usually use 1% milk for all those cream soups and it always looks and tastes fine. That will chop a bunch of cals! If you want more richness, try fat-free evaporated milk. I love corn chowder. My favorite one has you boil the whole ears of corn in milk to start. YUM!

Cynthia: nap time?

DeeDee: our sparkly teeth will match!

Gloria: I have seen your soggy weather on the Weather Channel. Hope you dry out soon.

Sylvia: your poor son! What chaos! And poor you…the mom watching it all. That’s crazy that a haircut signifies an affair! I hope it all works out but he is smart to get some things in his name. Hope your appointment goes well; let us know!

Margaret: I love the way you end each post mentioning what you are doing today and how that will affect you tomorrow. For some reason, that never really hit me before. I’m going to have to start thinking that way! Thank you!

Alison: I’m glad your visit was so nice!

Heather: what a lovely picture!

Patty: you are so right…we are worthy!

Carol: can I come over for dinner??????? What a haul and it all sounds great. I really regret having to limit fruit due to the carbs. Good for you and getting sleep!~

Nan: welcome aboard! Yes you want to burn more calories than you take in. So it’s important to log all food and exercise each day. Even household chores and gardening count!

Jill: great tip on the pectin!

Jane: keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your townhouse!

Johanna: welcome! My brother and sil live in Nashville and used to live in Knoxville. I think TN is a gorgeous state.

Yanniejannie: glad your trip is going well!

OK I need to take off and get some serious pre-trip action going! Take care all, Meg from Omaha which seems more like a sauna today.
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Kim in N. Cal – I can totally relate to your story with Levi and not liking other dogs. I have a particular foster dog that loves people but not strange dogs. My DH likes to take him for walks in the neighborhood or the local park but we have to be very careful because of others. Our neighbor has two larger dogs, lab mix, that they allow to run loose. They both seem very friendly but mine isn’t! Why don’t people get that? We have leash laws and all dogs must be kept on a leash but people feel it’s ok to let their dogs off. Ours are always on a leash if they are outside of the fenced yard for their protection and the protection of others. I would hate to see another dog get hurt because of their owners but my dog deserves to be able to take a walk. This is also a problem when we take foster dogs to the local stores for adoption events. I was holding two smaller mixes on their leashes last Saturday and one is ok with other dogs but one isn’t. A man came in with two smaller dogs and let them run right up to the dogs I was holding. I kept pulling them away and saying to please don’t let his dogs come up but he said “oh, they’re ok with dogs”. I said “that’s good but mine aren’t!” Why he couldn’t see the spit flying and realize to back off. :explode: I really hate those retractable leashes as people let them out and then pay no attention where their dogs are. One lady was in one aisle while her dog was in the other!

Joyce – great picture! :flowerforyou:

Jane – hope things go well for the new place and your landlady does her part quickly. :flowerforyou:

Carol – congratulations on getting closer to having the house ready and getting rid of so much. I know I feel great when I finally get around to throwing things out or donating them and actually see them leave the house! I’ve been known to fill up boxes and bags only to never actually finish the last part of getting them out of the house. :ohwell: We’ve often said we may move when I retire but then look around and decide it’s too much work. :noway:

Canadjineh and AnneCarolOne – we just got back from a trip to Glacier National Park in MT and Waterton National Park in Canada and we saw lots of momma bears with their cubs. We also were warned about cougars. In the town of Waterton, we were told cougars would grab a dog right off the leash of tourist and people that weren’t paying attention. :sad: There were signs up on the street corners warning about cougar sightings. We spoke to a local and she said they always see cougars and the signs on mostly for tourist. Can’t imagine how traumatic that would be! :brokenheart: We carried bear spray when we hiked through the woods and made lots of noise.

All of you who are baking muffins with fresh fruit are driving me crazy. :heart: I can almost smell the delicious aroma coming through my computer screen.

Welcome to all of the new ladies. :flowerforyou:

Tina from MD
  • Xaviernonni
    Xaviernonni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies!!
    I'm so glad to see an over-50 group that actually has lots of activity! I loves me some cyper-friends! LOL! By way of introduction, I'm a full-time "domestic engineer" (can't say SAHM anymore since the last "bird" left the nest a few weeks ago!), married for almost 30 years to the love of my life. Mom to 3 amazing grown kids, Nonni to one very special little 14 month old boy, and slave to 2 very spoiled dogs. I JUST turned 50 2 weeks ago, so am ready to start this next part of my life with a bit less jiggle!

July goals:
    -To actually get myself to my favorite kettlebell class twice a week, every week.
    -Treadmill intervals at least twice a week.
    -Be more dedicated to logging calories every day, and not listen to the "voices" that try to tell me I should be able to lose weight without counting...'cause experience has proven that is sure doesn't work for me!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Anita in Northeast Ohio...
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.:smile: Hope that you all had a good weekend. We were so busy it just flew by. Saturday we had our family picnic and it went well. Did seem strange that dad was not there. Then yesterday we had a birthday party at the park and later a baby shower for my DGD that is due this Friday. It was 100 here yesterday and about did me in:sad: . I did over eat yesterday. At the birthday party someone bought a Italin apple pie. It was sooooo good. I only had a small piece. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am pretty sure I am atleast the same. I hope! :blushing: I did buy some new underwear on Friday. It is nice to be wearing some that are not so baggy. But when I hold them up they look so small compared to what I have worn for years. I still have to take a double take when I go to put them on. Isn't it funny the things that come up in this journey??

Joyce--I know what you mean, when I see a picture of me I find it hard to believe it is me. I have a collar bone and no double chins. I think you look great and very happy.:flowerforyou:

Allison--I agree you are a very speical person. Glad your DGD enjoied their visit. Memories are important. Remember today is a new day and you are more then worth it.:heart:

Cathy--Congrates on getting into the pool. I love exercising in the water.:flowerforyou:

Sandy--Congrates on the loss. Glad all went well with DB. Good news about DD. Said a prayer it all works out.:flowerforyou:

Jane--Sending prayers and good thoughts on the townhouse.:flowerforyou:

Heather--Hope you enjoied your weekend. Sounds like DH did good.Like the picture you look very relaxed.:wink:

Liz--Welcome and remember to take it One Day at a Time. I know what it is like to live paycheck to paycheck. Everytime I think we might get ahead something comes up. I really believe writing down three things a day I am thankful for is helping me look for the bright side of things.:flowerforyou:

Michele--That is something I never thought of about sending stuff out of the country, but I do remember when my sister was overseas in the service and she would send me anything it would cost more for all the fees then it was worth. Is there anyway you could pay the taxes or fees on this end?

Kim--can I come with Allison? I enjoied the Levi stories. My dogs can make me smile most the time and even when they piss me off they can get me to laugh.:laugh:

Meg--sorry to hear about DD getting stood up. I remember when I was 15 invited a boy from school over to eat. To be honest he was in collage and started writing to me and I thought it would nice to have him over. Well him and a friend from school stopped by and said that he would be back after he dropped his friend off. Never came back or called. Wasn't long after he went back to school he wrote me a letter and said he had met someone at school so we could not be friends anymore. I remember how hurt I was. I agree we all deserve a second chance, but if that doesn't work I will help you hide the body.:smokin:

Sylvia--I know just how you feel about DS and the wife. My DS came over acouple years ago and told me they were splitting up. I was sick over it and spent several days worrying myself sick, Then nothing was ever said and they are fine. I am working on not letting myself get so upset about the kids and grand kids lives. Spend alot of time praying for them.

Patty--Thanks for the reminder that we each are worthly.:flowerforyou:

Carol--glad you are getting sometime just for yourself at work and at home.:flowerforyou:

Well I need to get some work done and work on my list for what I am Thankful for today. I had a very nice weekend and have lots today.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    DeeDee – if you find the light recipe I would love to get it… BTW yesterday I told Levi that DeeDee said he needed a treat; - we have a local friend named DeeDee too and Levi went right to the door to greet DeeDee and I had to open the door so he could see you were not there.
    Sylvia – so good of you to support your son, and for him to get things in his name too… Here’s fingers crossed for just the right person to be at that B&B and for you and the other artists to have some sales!
    Alison – go go go! You’ll be back on track in no time and back to keeping your healthy routine!
    Heather – a new profile pic, it is gorgeous!!! I love Bolognese sauce… mouth watering!
    Patty – Great idea to find more teaching opportunities and love the word – worthy!
    Carol – I am so proud of you for putting your foot down with your son. The items you ask of him are small and he is plenty old enough to be responsible! As for the going off without your cell; remember when cell phones were not invented? - sometimes I leave mine behind on purpose to just have a break!
    Nanbarnes1 – welcome – Cynthia explained the calorie thing perfect, we each have made adjustments to fit us; some don’t eat exercise calories back at all; some (me) eat about 25% back; some eat all of them… each of our bodies are different so we try and when it works – Yeah!!!
    Jill – I have not heard of Pomona; I have been using Sure-Jell’s low sugar and lowering the sugar even more…. Where do you get Pomona?
    Johanna – welcome, we are a chatty supportive group!
    Meg – I love red tail hawks, but not sure I want to be eye to eye – great rescue!!! Sorry to hear DD#2 got stood up, but we all need 2nd chances…
    Anita – welcome

Vicki – yes you can come with Alison, or just come! I love having folks visit!

Did my morning camp this morning - nice group all girls; but for an intermediate group they are not nearly where they should be - so we will be working on more basics than I usually have to- These kids are 11,12,13 years old and we ended up having a huge discussion about how many halves there are in a whole - don't they teach math any more??????

Kim from N. California
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    I got this on line:
    Blueberry/ Maple refrigerator oatmeal

Ingredients needed: Greek yoghurt (if use regular non-fat use less milk). milk, chia seeds, real maple syrup, rolled oatmeal (see note below) and blueberries

1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
    1/3 cup milk
    1 1/2 tsp chia seeds (I got mine at a local coop)
    2 tsp. real maple syrup

Mix in a glass container that has a lid. In the on line recipe they used mason jars they bought lids that fit. I used a bowl I had that had a lid.

Fold in rolled oats. 1/4 cup guess it is important to use the old fashioned kind. Not steel cut or instant or quick cook.
    1/4 cup blueberries

put lid on container and put in refrigerator overnight

Reminds me of rice pudding, but not as sweet. Tomorrow I am trying apple cinnamon. They had four other recipes on line but I didn't have all the ingredients for those. It will be fun to experiment with other ingredients like raspberry, peanut butter, mangoes, strawberries.
    :heart:
    MNMargaret
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    I found this a very satisfying breakfast that keep me well energized and full until lunch.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Really enjoyed getting back into training again yesterday after 4 days off with gastro. Think it was the minced chicken in a parcel I got from butcher, ah well over now. Also got in 11515 steps yesterday.
    This morning got up and did Jillian's BR Cardio 1 before breakfast and off to do Jeannette's SA Cardio sculpt lately.
    Logged all my food and exercise for the day, phew.
    Pensions in bank so paid some bills online and off grocery shopping soon, need to get list updated as 30 minute drive to shops, a day out.
    Margaret that breakfast sounds good to me, will give a try. I normally use recipes from Jillian Michaels, Jeannette Jenkins and Tom Venuto for breakfast, lunch and snacks
    Aiming for at least 10,000 steps a day and keep moving