25 TO LIFE MONTH 3

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
(I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
And then there's the other meaning...
25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

If you feel the same way, welcome aboard!
chit chat, post your feelings, problems, victories, weights, measurements
and hear the encouragement you need! We're here for you!

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    (I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
    But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
    And then there's the other meaning...
    25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

If you feel the same way, welcome aboard!
    chit chat, post your feelings, problems, victories, weights, measurements
    and hear the encouragement you need! We're here for you!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    just posting so this will show up in 'my topics'

about to go to Zumba class for the second time! I will be wearing my hrm this time..hopefully it will work correctly and tell me just how much i am burning ...

i should be scolding myself actually for not eating more so far today up to this point, knowing that i am going to a big workout. I really need to work on WHEN im getting my calories!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    calling it getting your life back is wonderful cause thats what you do!!!!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Even though I have not lost anything in two weeks, I felt great today. One of my clients notices the 16lbs I have lost. It is so nice to have such support, I walk on my lunch and if I put my coat on they ask if I am going on my walk and encourage me. Thank you all my MFP pals because with out you I dont think I could have done this. :flowerforyou:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Aww, glad to hear things are going so weel sindy!!!!

Things are a bit crazy here and I noticed my calorie count shoot way up. I'll fix it by heading to the gym longer than usual tonight (the extra advil should get my arm through it) but that's not good. I'll get it under control tomorrow!!!

I'm getting frustrated myself. I've been sitting around 180 for a while now, and though I should be losing weight (according to the amount I'm eating) I'm not really. I'm going to try more exercise to see if that boosts things! :flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Way to go Cindy....that's a great attitude! It means so much when someone notices, doesn't it?!

My friends husband, who I haven't seen for about 2 months due to his heavy work travel, came over yesterday with his wife and looked startled when he saw me. At first we thought, my husband and I, that they had bad news to tell us but then he burst out "Oh my Gosh, You've gone and gotten skinny"! Talk about a silver lining!!

Right now I am just having a hard time eating. Today I had a piece of toast and coffee for breakfast, and a veggie pita for lunch. That's it about a total of 450 calories so far. I still have to get in all my water and I have made a really rich and fattening french dish for dinner. Heavy cream, butter, olive oil...that should do it!!:tongue:
  • jenbar
    Options
    I'm getting frustrated myself. I've been sitting around 180 for a while now, and though I should be losing weight (according to the amount I'm eating) I'm not really. I'm going to try more exercise to see if that boosts things! :flowerforyou:

I know??!! what the heck is going on??
    I just have to stop thinking about the frustration, and I'm sure it will start coming off again. I think that I was so use to it coming off faster at the beginning, that the 4 pounds a month is just too slow for me now.
    I know it's possible to lose 8-10 a month, but I just can't seem to do it?! I WISH I COULD!

LET'S KEEP OUR CHINS UP LADIES!
    WORK OUT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
    DRINK YOUR WATER!
    DO SITUPS AND LEG RAISES WHILE WATCHING TV!
    EAT HEALTHY, REDUCED/LOW FAT, WHOLE GRAIN, VEGGIES, FRUIT!
    WE CAN DO IT!!!
    We're going to look good for those bathing suits! If it's the last thing I/we do!!!!:angry:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    does it not get to you sometimes when someone says week four and im down 15 pounds!! i know everyone is different, but sometimes i get jealous because i wish so so so much that i could lose that fast!
    anyway, zumba today went fine, but i still dont know exactly how to use the hrm, so i wasnt able to reset to 0 calories before starting class. I know how now tho so on wed i will know just how many calories burned!

anyway, its movie time!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    ok sparkles, what's zumbra?
  • jenbar
    Options
    does it not get to you sometimes when someone says week four and im down 15 pounds!! i know everyone is different, but sometimes i get jealous because i wish so so so much that i could lose that fast!

yes, it's starting to tick me off!:explode: :laugh: :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Buckeye Zumba is this Latin inspired aerobics class that uses simple dance inspired moves to get your heart rate going. it can be low impact or you can really get into and break a serious sweat.
    Ive only been twice now, and i have to say that it's pretty fun! definitely fun enough to keep me going back three times a week.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Sorry I just sorta fell off the map. Got last minute notice that I was going to Vegas for a class for work so I have been gone for a week. I must say I did horrible. No running and a few too many daiquiris... but hey, it's Vegas!! :) Time to get my butt in gear and get back on track. :grumble: I'll have to force myself to run tomorrow!! Didn't weigh in yet... don't go back to work until Wednesday so I will no then. I am a little scared to know. :laugh:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Aww, glad to hear things are going so weel sindy!!!!

Things are a bit crazy here and I noticed my calorie count shoot way up. I'll fix it by heading to the gym longer than usual tonight (the extra advil should get my arm through it) but that's not good. I'll get it under control tomorrow!!!

The last time is lost weight I got stuck at that weight too. :explode: It is very frustrating but the extra exercise helped me. I am boosting my exercise to hopefully loose a pound or two this week. We can do it. That will be my goal to get below 180. I never got lower than that (well back in the day I was 135) but not since I had my son 17 years ago. :bigsmile:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Way to go Cindy....that's a great attitude! It means so much when someone notices, doesn't it?!

My friends husband, who I haven't seen for about 2 months due to his heavy work travel, came over yesterday with his wife and looked startled when he saw me. At first we thought, my husband and I, that they had bad news to tell us but then he burst out "Oh my Gosh, You've gone and gotten skinny"! Talk about a silver lining!!

Right now I am just having a hard time eating. Today I had a piece of toast and coffee for breakfast, and a veggie pita for lunch. That's it about a total of 450 calories so far. I still have to get in all my water and I have made a really rich and fattening french dish for dinner. Heavy cream, butter, olive oil...that should do it!!:tongue:

Yes very nice when someone anyone notices LOL. I have trouble eating my exercise calories on the big exercise days. So I usually treat myself with something with a little more calories. Is it ok to have some calories left over? Sometimes I dont have time at night to log my calories from dinner and have left over. Hope things will go well this week. Drink your water. :drinker:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    i ate B&J Chocolate Fudge Brownie to close a little of the gap on my deficit yesterday!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    I made toffee cookies to help with that. :wink: I figure a little dessert after dinner is better than snacking alright?

Or maybe that's why I'm stuck, lol. Increased the exercise this week - going well so far!
  • jenbar
    Options
    bumping for our newest friend DLienert!
  • jenbar
    Options
    emily, is that your most recent pic? you look great!!
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! how are you? i've been feeling pretty good! i'm trying to switch over our winter clothes for our summer clothes. but i'm scared, i don't want to try any of my summer clothes on because i don't want to get discouraged when and/or if they don't fit.:ohwell: i haven't weighed myself lately and after the last time i don't want to!:wink: but i am happy to say that i am down another inch!:bigsmile: which makes it 4 total! all i know is that my clothes are fitting better and i feel better so that works for me! although lately i've noticed i have been craving alot more than i was i don't know what is going on with that!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    emily, is that your most recent pic? you look great!!
    Jen, that is actually a recent pic. i got this cute new dress/top thingie that i love.. so i wanted to use the pic on here...i bought it well before i could fit into it bc im so busty, and i guess the 7 pounds down has made enough differene in my chest that i can fit it on now!!