7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This is just sad.

I really want this thread to die in a fire. It's the most bumped zombie thread that shows up on my topics. Where is an "unsubscribe" button when you need it?
  • april1445
    Options
    This is aka the cabbage soup diet. Just one of the worst of the worst.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    How about you eat all the foods any day you want to, as opposed the daily food group segregation and restriction, but in moderation, with a bit of physical activity?? That's what works for me.

BTW, Day 4 - all the bananas and skim milk you can ingest, followed by a cabbage soup chaser - the thought alone makes me want to puke.

ETA: Oh, so sorry, didn't realize this thread was years old and should be dead and buried. Someone, give me a shovel!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    the soup sounds good, almost something similar i make in a slow cooker but i use veg brother and potatoes too.
    fad diets are retarded but i could see this working well if someone has hit a plateau. the soup would be good as a side dish to a main meal or as a snack to keep you full in between meals to keep you from over snacking or binging.
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "East as much as you wish and as often as you like. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose... Enjoy! Yum, yum.."

i'm pretty sure this WILL contain calories!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow, a soup that doesn't add calories! How does that work, exactly? Does your body know it's a 'miracle' soup and just reject all of the calories? If only I could find a cake that does the same.

Beef and 6 tomatoes one day? 8 bananas and 8 glasses of milk another? Sounds yummy. Who needs to just eat what you like at a calorie deficit? That's far too easy!
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    :explode:

Weight loss:

Calories in - (more) calories out = weight loss

The crash diet works because you're consuming, at most, about 1000 calories a day. You'll put it back on as soon as you begin to eat a healthy amount of food. Why not eat, for example, eat 2000 calories a day of whatever you like (if, like me, you burn about 2500 calories a day), and still lose 1-2lbs every single week, without having to go on some stupid pseudo-scientific diet?
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    At first I was like, "oh yeah, a 7 day diet - awesome!" and then I was like..."Maybe not." I'll just make this soup for when I'm hungry at night because I have horrible night time munchies which completely sabotage my new lifestyle!
  • alisonb2582
    alisonb2582 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just tried this diet and failed miserably.... Fad diets don't work because it's not a complete lifestyle change. I sit next to a nutritionist and she said that fad diets will never work! I had extreme pains because I wasn't getting the appropriate nutrition that I should have been getting. I think you need a well rounded diet of everything, just less portions to succeed. Just my opinion.. Yes! It does make you gassy as well!
  • Arpuga
    Options
    I would like to know what the 3 day diet is.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I heard this needed a bump
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is a safe diet.

If by "safe" you mean "meaningless", then yes, I totally agree.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I heard this needed a bump

Why do you hate me? I've never been anything but nice to you. :cry:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I did this one back in college - it worked well!
  • sydneyweisse
    Options
    bump
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is a safe diet.

If by "safe" you mean "meaningless", then yes, I totally agree.

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

Brief synopsis based on title: Do not try.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I'm curious what your metric is for "worked well".
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

I'm curious what your metric is for "worked well".

I thought the same, but I didn't have the balls to say it.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    hmmm...cabbage soup diet?