7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options
Hey everyone! I found the following 7-Day Cleansing Diet in my recipe box, and I've had it forever (about 35 years). It sounds a bit weird, but I followed this diet before, and it worked pretty well. Check with your doctor first, and then you can try it if you want. I might try it again, and see how it goes. I loved the T-J Miracle Soup! Yummy... You can just have the soup if you want, and don't worry about the rest of the diet. Take care, Laura :)

SEVEN-DAY CLEANSING DIET--From the Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Washington for overweight heart patients:

This 7-day diet plan can be used as often as you like, but I would suggest possibly only doing it once a month, at the most. As a matter of fact, if followed correctly, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being you never thought possible. After only 7 days of this process, you will begin to feel lighter because you will be lighter by at least 10 pounds, possibly as much as 17 pounds, and you will have an abundance of energy, as well. (I don't know if this much weight loss is really possible or if it would even be good for us to lose it this quickly; but, maybe it's because it's a "cleansing" diet. I think we do hold a lot of weight in our intestines... Yuck! I guess that's why we do cleansing diets, right???) Continue this plan for as long as you wish and feel the difference in both medical and physical disposition.

T-J MIRACLE SOUP (You eat this soup as much as you want along with the other foods for each day.):
6 large onions, 2 green peppers, 4 whole tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 head of cabbage, 1 large stalk of celery. Season with dry onion soup mix. Cut vegetables and cover with water in a large pot. Boil for 10 minutes, cover, lower heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender. T-J Miracle Soup can be eaten at any time when you feel hungry. East as much as you wish and as often as you like. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose... Enjoy! Yum, yum...

FIRST DAY--ALL THE FRUITS EXCEPT BANANAS: Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want except bananas. For all you melon lovers, this is the day for you. Two fruits which are lower in calories than most other fruits are watermelon and cantelope. Should you eat the melon, your chances of losing 3 pounds in the first day are great. You may also have T-J Miracle Soup today.

SECOND DAY--ALL THE VEGETABLES: Eat until you are stuffed with all the fresh (raw, steamed, or cooked) vegetables of your choice. Try to eat green, leafy vegetables, and stay away from dry beans, peas, and corn. These vegetables are good for you, but not now as you are trying to reduce your calorie intake. You may also have a large baked potato and T-J Miracle Soup today.

THIRD DAY--FRUITS AND VEGETABLES: Same as day one and day two including the T-J Miracle Soup, except for no potato.

FOURTH DAY--BANANAS: Eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as much as 8 glasses of skim milk on this day, along with T-J Miracle Soup. Bananas and skim milk blended together in a blender is very good way to enjoy this day. Bananas are high in carbohydrates and will lessen any cravings for sweets.

FIFTH DAY--BEEF AND VEGETABLES: You can have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and six tomatoes on your fifth day. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water in order to wash away any uric acid in your body. You may also have T-J Miracle Soup today.

SIXTH DAY--BEEF AND VEGETABLES: Eat until your heart is content with beef, vegetables, and T-J Miracle Soup. No potato.

SEVENTH DAY--BROWN RICE, FRUIT, AND VEGETABLES: Enjoy brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice, vegetables, T-J Soup.

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I've made the soup before and loved it. I ladle out a blender-ful and liquefy it so there's a little more of a soupy texture and it's not so chunky. Really, very good.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i make a soup like this already, but what about for vegetarians? (specifically the last couple days)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ah diet fads are fun, I'm bumping this for a future crazy plan, thanks! ;)

I’ll get through Monday on my “Human Dog Food” creation I named Life Bars but I may come back to this some time in the future.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump
  • blel0906
    Options
    I tried this once years ago...I lasted 3 days and I recall being quite gassy! LOL..

Fad diets that might be a fun topic to start...you know we all tried at least one...I have a 3 day I'll have dig out..I always did pretty well with..
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    With Thanksgiving coming up, can you use Turkey or Ham in place of the beef??? Would it make any difference?
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet about 7 years ago - it wreaked havoc with my digestive system. Lost about 8 pounds as I recall, gained it all back and more within a couple months. I'm sticking with slow and steady now :)

Edited to add: by about the 4th day I wanted to throw the friggin' soup out the window.
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    Bumping for the TJ Soup recipe.. sounds yummy!
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Over the past 15 yrs, I have done this "diet" as a way to "kick off" a better way of eating!! Works like a charm EVERY time...as a matter of fact, it was the Vegetable soup in my diary a few weeks back...did it for 5 days...then take a break for at least 2 wks. My DR gave me permission to do this, but only a few times a year, so I get off a plateau or lose about 5-8lbs and re-start my metabolism! I use all fresh tomatoes, and a lot of fresh herbs. I also use green onions & one big carrot. The 1st day I eat it cold, then after that, I figured out if I pureed it, it basically tastes like an amazing homemade V8...which I love...the only "problem" is that each 8oz only has about 45 calories!! On my protein day, I ate it hot with beans or meat in the soup...I can only do this about 3-4x a year..then I hate the smell.(And seriously wanted to throw it out the window, as previously stated!!) But...I don't like "fad" diets, EXCEPT for a very few times a year, when they help us off the weight and MENTAL Plateau that we all hate! After not seeing the scale move for 3 mos, that's when I did it... Oh, and btw--I have the 3 day Diet on my fridge if you want me to post it!
  • blel0906
    Options
    I have a folder full of diets. Some of them were my moms from????? The 3 day is and always will be my favorite although I've never been able to bring myself to do it back to back..always drop 5lbs and never gain it right back...its sooo simple I've had this diet for almost 30 years I think I was 10 the first time I did it (Isn't that sick) with my parents before going on a cruise.
  • groovylaura
    Options
    I'd love to get a copy of the 3-Day Diet. I just need to do something that will help to jump-start my weight loss again. I've been "stuck" for some time now, and I'd love to see my scale start moving down again... I also think it would be very good for my body to have a cleansing. Please send it directly to my page, so I won't miss it. Thank you for your help! Take care, Laura :)
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    bump
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    thanks so much for sharing this!!!
  • bigredjane
    Options
    This really does work. A friend of mine has lost over 200 pds by doing this diet and counting calories. He said it isn't the best way to lose, but it has worked for him. He is now counting calories instead of doing this. I drink Shakeology to give me all my nutrients for the day if I'm not going to eat very much in a day. I drink it everyday but it helps if you don' t eat a lot too.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Deffinately going to make this soup, it sounds a lot like one my mum used to make years ago from one of her slimming groups.

I would also like to see the 3 day diet plan - not sure I could stick to this one for 7 days and could do with a boost :)
    -x-
  • beasy22
    beasy22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great post - thank you :)

I will def be trying the soup, sounds yummy! How can it not add any calories, is that possible ???

I'd love to see the 3 day plan as well.

• iwatts
    iwatts Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    hey thanks for this diet im gona give it a try for my holiday ! x
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've made the soup before and loved it. I ladle out a blender-ful and liquefy it so there's a little more of a soupy texture and it's not so chunky. Really, very good.

Do you blend before its cooked/simmered or after? I want to make that classic 0 point WW soup again and blending it sounds nice. Thanks!
  • bsweettt
    Options
    bump