Replies

• e832011
    e832011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I found the following 7-Day Cleansing Diet in my recipe box, and I've had it forever (about 35 years). It sounds a bit weird, but I followed this diet before, and it worked pretty well. Check with your doctor first, and then you can try it if you want. I might try it again, and see how it goes. I loved the T-J Miracle Soup! Yummy... You can just have the soup if you want, and don't worry about the rest of the diet. Take care, Laura :)

SEVEN-DAY CLEANSING DIET--From the Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Washington for overweight heart patients:

This 7-day diet plan can be used as often as you like, but I would suggest possibly only doing it once a month, at the most. As a matter of fact, if followed correctly, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being you never thought possible. After only 7 days of this process, you will begin to feel lighter because you will be lighter by at least 10 pounds, possibly as much as 17 pounds, and you will have an abundance of energy, as well. (I don't know if this much weight loss is really possible or if it would even be good for us to lose it this quickly; but, maybe it's because it's a "cleansing" diet. I think we do hold a lot of weight in our intestines... Yuck! I guess that's why we do cleansing diets, right???) Continue this plan for as long as you wish and feel the difference in both medical and physical disposition.

T-J MIRACLE SOUP (You eat this soup as much as you want along with the other foods for each day.):

6 large onions,
    2 green peppers,
    4 whole tomatoes (fresh or canned),
    1 head of cabbage,
    1 large stalk of celery.

Season with dry onion soup mix. Cut vegetables and cover with water in a large pot. Boil for 10 minutes, cover, lower heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender. T-J Miracle Soup can be eaten at any time when you feel hungry. East as much as you wish and as often as you like. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose... Enjoy! Yum, yum...

FIRST DAY--ALL THE FRUITS EXCEPT BANANAS:
    Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want except bananas. For all you melon lovers, this is the day for you. Two fruits which are lower in calories than most other fruits are watermelon and cantelope. Should you eat the melon, your chances of losing 3 pounds in the first day are great. You may also have T-J Miracle Soup today.

SECOND DAY--ALL THE VEGETABLES:
    Eat until you are stuffed with all the fresh (raw, steamed, or cooked) vegetables of your choice. Try to eat green, leafy vegetables, and stay away from dry beans, peas, and corn. These vegetables are good for you, but not now as you are trying to reduce your calorie intake. You may also have a large baked potato and T-J Miracle Soup today.

THIRD DAY--FRUITS AND VEGETABLES:
    Same as day one and day two including the T-J Miracle Soup, except for no potato.

FOURTH DAY--BANANAS:
    Eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as much as 8 glasses of skim milk on this day, along with T-J Miracle Soup. Bananas and skim milk blended together in a blender is very good way to enjoy this day. Bananas are high in carbohydrates and will lessen any cravings for sweets.

FIFTH DAY--BEEF AND VEGETABLES:
    You can have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and six tomatoes on your fifth day. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water in order to wash away any uric acid in your body. You may also have T-J Miracle Soup today.

SIXTH DAY--BEEF AND VEGETABLES:
    Eat until your heart is content with beef, vegetables, and T-J Miracle Soup. No potato.

SEVENTH DAY--BROWN RICE, FRUIT, AND VEGETABLES:
    Enjoy brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice, vegetables, T-J Soup.

The soup is great low calorie recipe. I do NOT agree with the rest of the 7 day diet AT ALL! It is important to HAVE A WELL BALANCED DIET TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS & A HEALTHIER OVERALL LIFESTYLE.

I worked at Sacred Heart Medical Center years ago! I don't recall ever seeing this while I worked there?!? I am not saying that this is did not from that source you mentioned that it came from Sacred Heart Medical Center, Spokane, Washington. I just saying I have not seen it personally myself! They do have an outstanding Heart Insititute!

My daughter was born at that hospital.

Thanks for the Soup recipe!

Bump this to save for later!

Elephantbutt.gif
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Idiot.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Soup sounds like a good filler. Thanks for sharing! I know I need a whole lot more food than what the diet has to offer though. LOL

:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't do fad diets but bumping for the soup recipe...it sounds good!
  • mamakira
    Options
    I don't do fad diets but bumping for the soup recipe...it sounds good!

That.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, the soup sounds really tasty. I love homemade soups x
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    Idiot.

Exactly.
  • BexleyGirl
    Options
    Bump

I like the soup recipe....just love fresh soup this time of year. Thanks
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Poster: I'm going to starve myself to jump start my metabolism and drop 8 lbs quickly!

Smart person: Starving yourself doesn't boost metabolism and the weight you lose is water and will come right back on.

Poster: OK, I'm going to do it anyway!

You just can't fix stupid. OR people who are so desperate they just don't care or listen...
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow....The dreaded "Cabbage Soup" Diet strikes again!!!:sad: This particular fad diet is older than OP! :laugh:
  • alyonais
    Options
    Bump
  • Erica_Rae
    Erica_Rae Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bumping for soup
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • boopsiegrl