7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options

Replies

• laurac1172
    laurac1172 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The soup sounds good:)

I don't know about a whole day of bananas and milk?????
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    funny-gifs-there-so-many-cats.gif
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    As a nurse, I hate seeing these diets in use. The whole idea of cleansing is based on false assumptions. If you are eating right, including plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber, there is nothing to "cleanse" because you are evacuating wastes in an appropriate manner. These diets encourage a state of near starvation and for some people they cause dehydration, persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain, and of course, weight loss. Unfortunately, the weight that is lost is mostly water weight and bowel contents, both of which will come back once you begin eating normally again. The only reason most doctors give approval for them is because most people won't stick to them for more than a couple of days, so there aren't many risks.
    The soup itself is fine. If you want to use the soup as a low calorie filler between meals or at the end of the day, great. If you want to go on a few days of vegan eating along with, that's fine too, just DO eat the beans and nuts that are required to keep some protein in your system so your body doesn't start breaking down muscle tissue, and some whole grains for the B vitamins and to make complete proteins from some of the vegetable sources.
    Please, just eat right and exercise. Don't try risky fad diets or diet supplements.

bump!!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6aepomYJR1r1thdeo1_250.gif

Just eat at a moderate deficit and exercise, people! C'MON!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why does this thread keep being resurrected?

ThreadNecromancy-1.jpg
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bump, should I ever experience a plateau, thanks!
  • lbushbest
    lbushbest Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This soup almost turned me against soup! To this day I can't put cabbage or celery in my homemade soup,. Don't do it!!
    I am changing my life style, so fad diets are out for good.
  • starrlette
    Options
    Bump
  • ChanyL
    Options
    As a nurse, I hate seeing these diets in use. The whole idea of cleansing is based on false assumptions. If you are eating right, including plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber, there is nothing to "cleanse" because you are evacuating wastes in an appropriate manner. These diets encourage a state of near starvation and for some people they cause dehydration, persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain, and of course, weight loss. Unfortunately, the weight that is lost is mostly water weight and bowel contents, both of which will come back once you begin eating normally again. The only reason most doctors give approval for them is because most people won't stick to them for more than a couple of days, so there aren't many risks.
    The soup itself is fine. If you want to use the soup as a low calorie filler between meals or at the end of the day, great. If you want to go on a few days of vegan eating along with, that's fine too, just DO eat the beans and nuts that are required to keep some protein in your system so your body doesn't start breaking down muscle tissue, and some whole grains for the B vitamins and to make complete proteins from some of the vegetable sources.
    Please, just eat right and exercise. Don't try risky fad diets or diet supplements.

Amen!
  • lmjonesga
    lmjonesga Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! :)
  • BexleyGirl
    Options
    bump
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump for later, thanks for the postings
  • moma4kids
    Options
    I remember doing this several years back., I lost the plan though. I think I remember it being a very temporary loss.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Beware the fad diets.....what you lose will most likely jump right back on. Slow and steady win the race.
    Oh and if you choose to do it....beware that some of the weight is muscle loss, from lack of protein. Skinny chicks look good in clothes....but fit chicks look good naked.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Um... Last time I checked a cup of cabbage was 21 calories, not much but claiming you can eat as much of the soup as you want because it's no calories is false. Also onion, tomatoes, and whatever other ingredients has calories too. Low Cal yes, no Cal, Hmmm no. Any who this whole thing has fad diet written all over it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why the h*ll are people bumping this for follow up reading or for when you hit a plateau. The clue is in the title:

SEVEN-DAY CLEANSING DIET--From the Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Washington for overweight heart patients
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    read the whole thread .......the Sacred Heart Hospital in Montreal, however, neither developed nor endorsed the diet
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Love the soup, the diet is bogus.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    7-Day Diet? 3-Day Diet?

Hello!?!?!??!?!?!

All right, "kick start" your weight loss. Enjoy that five pounds of water weight you lose then gain back in two weeks. Then while your metabolism is trying to recover and you're whining about your "plateau," try eating at a deficit and exercising. That works much, much better.

Here's the best evidence of fads diets NOT working: notice all of the people writing, "Oh, I did this before and lost x amount, it works so great!" Then look at the tickers of those people and notice how much weight they have to lose now. Yep. If these diets work so well, why aren't you still thin, hmmm?

Please stop posting these nonsensical plans. Vegetable soup recipes can be found anywhere, we don't need more bullsh$t diet fads perpetuated here.
  • loulou2006
    loulou2006 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump, soup sounds yummy!!