Options
    Bump.
  • roman109
    Options
    BUMP
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I may try this for a few days to kick start the weight loss... but, I doubt I would do this often. I would probably get tired of that much soup.
  • SBlost
    Options
    Going to the store tonight and starting this on Monday. I will prepare and cook the soup this weekend.
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • LovingKay
    LovingKay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The soup is pretty delish, like most good veggie soups... But piece of advice.. buy a bottle of beano or gas-x while at the store. Trust me on this one.
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is certainly polarising people. I thought I'd put my experience of this diet in, tried it over 10 years ago, lost about 6ibs of water, gained back plus afew pounds within 6 weeks.

Also the soup really was disgusting. I eat homemade veggie soups all the time that are delicious!!! this is not one of them!
  • GreyV
    GreyV Posts: 60
    Options
    I make this soup regularly but don't follow the plan as I don't like fad diets. The soup on it's own merit is fab for a winter lunch and it keeps really well. I normally make a massive batch and portion it off and keep in the freezer until I need it. I either liquidise it to put in my flask for work or I leave it chunky and have with a chicken breast for a healthy stew type thing. It's yummy!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    1 - cleanses are a bunch of BS (that's what your liver and kidneys are for)

2 - Day Four eat up to 8 bananas!!?!!?!?!?!?!?:noway: After only eating fruits and veggies for the first 3 days I can only imagine what 8 bananas would do to my digestive system

3 - the soup recipe sounds delicious especially if it was paired along with some real food like a turkey sandwich!

4 - fad diets don't work. even a poster on this thread giving her testimonial saying how she's used it multiple times in the past and it how great it is - is missing the point. if it was that great of a plan you wouldn't be over weight still and having to use it multiple times.

Eat healthy, eat sensibly, eat reasonable portions, eat a variety of foods and make this a lifestyle and you won't have to torture yourself with 8 bananas in one day
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    1 - You are just going to lose water and muscle and not fat
    2 - Agree with above, your body does not need to cleanse it is very good at that.
    3 - There are no get rich quick nor get skinny fast products, just learn to accept.
    4 - 8 bananas -- I'm sure your pancreas will love you for that.
  • wildmustng87
    Options
    As a nurse, I hate seeing these diets in use. The whole idea of cleansing is based on false assumptions. If you are eating right, including plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber, there is nothing to "cleanse" because you are evacuating wastes in an appropriate manner. These diets encourage a state of near starvation and for some people they cause dehydration, persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain, and of course, weight loss. Unfortunately, the weight that is lost is mostly water weight and bowel contents, both of which will come back once you begin eating normally again. The only reason most doctors give approval for them is because most people won't stick to them for more than a couple of days, so there aren't many risks.
    The soup itself is fine. If you want to use the soup as a low calorie filler between meals or at the end of the day, great. If you want to go on a few days of vegan eating along with, that's fine too, just DO eat the beans and nuts that are required to keep some protein in your system so your body doesn't start breaking down muscle tissue, and some whole grains for the B vitamins and to make complete proteins from some of the vegetable sources.
    Please, just eat right and exercise. Don't try risky fad diets or diet supplements.

This.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I tried this once years ago...I lasted 3 days and I recall being quite gassy! LOL..

Fad diets that might be a fun topic to start...you know we all tried at least one...I have a 3 day I'll have dig out..I always did pretty well with..

Eww is the 3 day the protein one - where you eat of canned of plain tuna with a plain piece of toast for a lunch? Cottage cheese with like 2 soda crackers for another lunch? And then like every dinner calls for beets, green beans and plain chicken - BUT then you can have a 1/2 cup of ice cream??? Frig! That one sucked! LOL
  • joceemartinez84
    joceemartinez84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bumping for the soup
  • allm416
    allm416 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am so trying this, my mother does a cabbage soup swears by it. ill post how I feel next Monday.......Wish me luck and the gumption to not cheat!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Helloooo, somebody's posting about idiotic soup and banana diets. Where is everybody with their SENSES?
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    6 onions seems like quite a lot!
    (along w/ the dry onion soup mix) Really...
    Who has tried making the soup & does it have a good taste? :/