7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    The Sacred Heart Diet is a fad diet that purports to lead to substantial weight loss if you follow it for one week. It is sometimes also referred to as the Heart Foundation Diet. Neither the American Heart Association nor the Sacred Heart Hospital in Montreal, however, developed nor endorse the diet.

In fact, those institutions warn that those who follow the Sacred Heart Diet may risk health problems. Men's health could be compromised on such a diet as it restricts calories to less than one-fourth of what an average man needs on a daily basis.

http://www.livestrong.com/sacred-heart-diet/
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Aghhhhhhh, STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!! N
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    The Sacred Heart Diet is a fad diet that purports to lead to substantial weight loss if you follow it for one week. It is sometimes also referred to as the Heart Foundation Diet. Neither the American Heart Association nor the Sacred Heart Hospital in Montreal, however, developed nor endorse the diet.

In fact, those institutions warn that those who follow the Sacred Heart Diet may risk health problems. Men's health could be compromised on such a diet as it restricts calories to less than one-fourth of what an average man needs on a daily basis.

http://www.livestrong.com/sacred-heart-diet/

Heart Foundation is an Australian thing.
    It was on the news a few years back citing the 'Kickstart Diet' deriving it's creation from the diet given to patients who need to lose weight very quickly for heart surgery. Ya know, if you're too fat to go under the knife. Even then it was considered risky as going to so few calories so quickly and then going under surgery was even more pressure on bad hearts so they canned it. It was revived through weight watchers and many 'sewing circles', if you will, kept onto it.

Sorry, just from personal experience it's bull crap. You wouldn't need to 'swear by it' if you kept to a normal healthy diet and weren't gaining the weight back. I'd also change doctors if they were giving me this kind of advice if I wasn't massively and morbidly obese.

Jeebus, what am I apologising for? Go on and do it. If you're stupid enough to follow fad diets then good on you. But don't come back complaining when you plateau shortly after or gain weight either. Oh, and constipation, nausea and vomiting are high on the cards once you start eating properly again. So yeah, if your body goes into overdrive with things that make you feel ill, is it really a sign it's good for you? I'll let you figure that one out for yourselves.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • dxwatson2
    dxwatson2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet a couple of years ago. By day 3 the smell of the soup was making me gag and I couldn't bear the thought of actually eating anything.

I was miserable.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    bump
  • joanmc12
    Options
    I would love for you to post the three day diet !!!! I am stuck drivening me crasey !!! Thanks is it alright to add you to my friends?
  • Zen4me13
    Options
    I've haven't heard that eating red meat is recomended for cleansing. This diet might get you lose quickly some pounds but I'm not sure about the cleansing part though.
  • joanmc12
    Options
    Thanks i have alot of health problems i better not try it !!
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    Is one or two onions enough?
    Nobody answered my question about it being too "onion-y?"
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys are crazy.

Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and exercise. Please.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Helloooo, somebody's posting about idiotic soup and banana diets. Where is everybody with their SENSES?

We're eating right, exercising, and looking amazing. Rest of y'all have fun with the 7 day Miracle Unicorn Pyramid Scheme Saw It On Dr. Oz Magic Beans diet.
  • Ms_Steel
    Options
    "jump start"?

please.
    just eat right
    work hard
    period.
  • laracolette
    laracolette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    bump. will do b4 halloween. lol
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Why does a 2-year old threat about a crappy soup and unhealthy fad diet keep re-appearing?!?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    The day you will get out of the diet mentality you will be succesfull........until then enjoy your yo-yo dieting.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This will fail.. the end.