Options
    bump
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump for the future.
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    Oh I'll definitely be doing this sometime soon!...Hopefully :)
  • diamond_roses
    Options
    bump! :)
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did this diet. The fourth day is horrible. Must be done on the weekend and not leave your home at all. The soup taste's great.
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    eat bananas all day? insane
  • CassandraMcA
    Options
    I have actually done this in the past and it really did jumpt start my weight loss- was just looking back at my journals and found my writing on it :) I think I may incorporate again soon to shed some water weight of TOM!
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    ~~THREE DAY DIET~~
    -What my DR calls the 3day cleansing, or metabolism boost!-

Info I have found on this:

Surprisingly surviving the test of time, the 3 Day Diet is another fad diet, dating back to 1985. Copies of the "3 Day Diet" continue to float around cyberspace, promising quick weight loss, cleansing, lower cholesterol, and increased energy. However, no diet book exists to substantiate the science behind the "unique metabolic reaction."

Often mistakenly called The Cleveland Clinic Diet, the 3 Day Diet is a regimented plan that *must be followed exactly for three days at a time* followed by normal eating for four or five days before opting to resume the plan again.

Followers of the 3 Day Diet are promised up to a 10 pound weight loss in three days, although realistically, most of that weight is likely due to fluid loss and not the more desirable fat loss. To achieve the proposed loss, exercise is not mentioned in the plan.
    What You Can Eat

The 3 Day Diet is a very specific food plan that must be followed precisely. Portions must be eaten exactly as specified and dieters are warned not to overeat -- otherwise the promised 10 pound weight loss may not be achieved. Likewise, dieters should not under-eat, even if they are not hungry. The detailed plan does not mention or recommend any exercise.

The 3 Day Diet meal plan:

Day 1 Breakfast

Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal

1/2 grapefruit or juice

1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

Lunch

1/2 cup tuna

1 piece toast

Dinner

3 ounces any lean meat or chicken

1 cup green beans

1 cup carrots

1 apple

1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 2 Breakfast

1 egg

1/2 banana

1 piece toast

Lunch

1 cup cottage cheese or tuna

8 regular saltine crackers

Dinner

2 beef franks

1 cup broccoli or cabbage

1/2 cup carrots

1/2 banana

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 3 Breakfast

5 regular saltine crackers

1 ounce cheddar cheese

1 apple

Lunch

1 boiled egg

1 piece toast

Dinner

1 cup tuna

1 cup carrots

1 cup cauliflower

1 cup melon

In addition to its strict daily food prescription, dieters drink 4 cups of water or noncaloric drinks daily.

How It Works

By some unspecified magical force, the combination of the suggested foods included in this plan is supposed to create a unique metabolic reaction and boost fat burning.

Without an author or book, there is no documentation or explanation of how the 3 Day Diet food combinations burn fat, increase energy, cleanse the body, or lower cholesterol.

As the name suggests, the 3 Day Diet lasts only three days, though it's said that it can be repeated indefinitely, as long as you alternate with 4-5 days of undefined "normal eating." The purpose of returning to your usual eating style is to keep your metabolism from slowing, reverting to fat-storing, starvation mode.

THIS INFO COMES FORM A FEW PLACES, MOSTLY

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-3-day-diet

Enjoy, and use EXTREME caution. As I said before, I have multiple Doctors and most of them are ok with this, as long as I ONLY do it for 3 days every few months, or when I am changing a medication I do this, then juice days/liquid week/ followed by raw milk to flush my system and re-boot. Then just extremely change my lifestyle to make sure I stay at all the right levels of fat/protein/carbs/etc!

Looks like it would starve me!!! probably how you loose weight so quick...lol
  • kimburi
    Options
    I started this cleanse on Monday- its now Wednesday.
    I hate the soup so I haven't eaten much of that.
    I did enjoy all the fresh fruit and veggies and I have to admit that I did cheat a bit. I have had a bowl of veggie soup every day at my campus cafeteria because I am a full time student and I pay $20.00 per meal every month and can't bring myself to let that money go to waste.

I am surprised with how much energy I have and how much better I feel. I have been able to get out of bed in the morning and go for runs with my dog, or do at least a half hour of yoga every day which I haven't been able to do for months.

I don't plan on losing any weight, but just some bloat and crappy feeling after a very unhealthy summer internship and lots of stress eating.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ~~THREE DAY DIET~~
    -What my DR calls the 3day cleansing, or metabolism boost!-

Info I have found on this:

Surprisingly surviving the test of time, the 3 Day Diet is another fad diet, dating back to 1985. Copies of the "3 Day Diet" continue to float around cyberspace, promising quick weight loss, cleansing, lower cholesterol, and increased energy. However, no diet book exists to substantiate the science behind the "unique metabolic reaction."

Often mistakenly called The Cleveland Clinic Diet, the 3 Day Diet is a regimented plan that *must be followed exactly for three days at a time* followed by normal eating for four or five days before opting to resume the plan again.

Followers of the 3 Day Diet are promised up to a 10 pound weight loss in three days, although realistically, most of that weight is likely due to fluid loss and not the more desirable fat loss. To achieve the proposed loss, exercise is not mentioned in the plan.
    What You Can Eat

The 3 Day Diet is a very specific food plan that must be followed precisely. Portions must be eaten exactly as specified and dieters are warned not to overeat -- otherwise the promised 10 pound weight loss may not be achieved. Likewise, dieters should not under-eat, even if they are not hungry. The detailed plan does not mention or recommend any exercise.

The 3 Day Diet meal plan:

Day 1 Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit or juice

1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

Lunch

1/2 cup tuna

1 piece toast

Dinner

3 ounces any lean meat or chicken

1 cup green beans

1 cup carrots

1 apple

1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 2 Breakfast

1 egg

1/2 banana

1 piece toast

Lunch

1 cup cottage cheese or tuna

8 regular saltine crackers

Dinner

2 beef franks

1 cup broccoli or cabbage

1/2 cup carrots

1/2 banana

Day 3 Breakfast

5 regular saltine crackers

1 ounce cheddar cheese

1 apple

Lunch

1 boiled egg

1 piece toast

Dinner

1 cup tuna

1 cup carrots

1 cup cauliflower

1 cup melon

In addition to its strict daily food prescription, dieters drink 4 cups of water or noncaloric drinks daily.

How It Works

By some unspecified magical force, the combination of the suggested foods included in this plan is supposed to create a unique metabolic reaction and boost fat burning.

Without an author or book, there is no documentation or explanation of how the 3 Day Diet food combinations burn fat, increase energy, cleanse the body, or lower cholesterol.

As the name suggests, the 3 Day Diet lasts only three days, though it's said that it can be repeated indefinitely, as long as you alternate with 4-5 days of undefined "normal eating." The purpose of returning to your usual eating style is to keep your metabolism from slowing, reverting to fat-storing, starvation mode.

THIS INFO COMES FORM A FEW PLACES, MOSTLY

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-3-day-diet

Enjoy, and use EXTREME caution. As I said before, I have multiple Doctors and most of them are ok with this, as long as I ONLY do it for 3 days every few months, or when I am changing a medication I do this, then juice days/liquid week/ followed by raw milk to flush my system and re-boot. Then just extremely change my lifestyle to make sure I stay at all the right levels of fat/protein/carbs/etc!

Looks like it would starve me!!! probably how you loose weight so quick...lol

Yes, you probably would. Here's more of what WebMD had to say about the 3 day diet:
    What the Experts Say

Make no mistake: the 3 Day Diet is not associated with the prestigious Cleveland Clinic. "There is no such thing as a Cleveland Clinic diet," says Cindy Moore, former director of nutrition therapy at The Cleveland Clinic. "It is an urban legend that is not nutritionally sound, and the only reason it causes weight loss is because it is so low in calories, not because of any food combinations or metabolic reactions."

Following a plan with fewer than 1,000 calories a day concerns Moore. "The plan yields about 1,000 calories a day which has the ability to lower metabolism so when you revert back to normal eating, you regain weight even quicker."

Moore adds that the diet "sets up a vicious cycle of being hungry during the restrictive three days and most likely overeating on the off days."
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump for the soup recipe
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Well, I am surprised this has taken 6 weeks to pop up but not surprised it's here at all.

Ladies and Gents... I introduce to you the Poo Soup Diet. I used to do this a week a month and all I did was crap my heart out. It got to a point my body was so stripped I'd vomit anything that was outside the 'allowed' food for a few days after stopping the diet. Wanna know WHY I kept having to do it? I kept putting the weight back on despite sticking to it for nearly half the time.
    It was one of the main diets that have stuffed my metabolism.
    I used to gag at the smell of the soup and now the ingredient list... omg *vomit*

I don't think ANYTHING is better than slow weightloss and continued healthy eating even if you plateau. Sure, use it for a few days to kick yourself over but never for a week and never for any other time OR something to rely on to make up for crappy habits.
    It's like meal replacements. NOT an option for more than 3 days.

POO SOUP FOR EVERYONE!
  • AStaff005
    Options
    Could I get a copy of the 3 day diet cleanse?? I need to get back the energy I've lost over time... and I know my body needs a serious cleanse!!
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Bumping for the soup recipe. The rest of it sounds kinda dangerous. :noway:
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump for the soup. I'd rather use my juicer and do a juice fast for 7 days if I really want to "cleanse" or drop 10 lbs to fit into a dress or something!
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    This sounds like worth trying. Thanks for posting it.
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump :)