You know you're from

Options
12345679»

Replies

• The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I will do Pittsburgh due to that being the closest city to me anyone will recognize:

1) If you get cut off on the parkway it is mandatory you "roll dan the window at dem dere jagaffs".
    2) Parking spots are saved by lawn chairs and couches are found on front porches.
    3) Sporting evens are beyond insanity: tailgates last for 12+ hours, half the people you came with will not make it into the event and/or be kicked out of the event, you will drown in a sea of black and gold, sub freezing temps do not mandate you must be clothed.
    4) It is perfectly acceptable to wear a pair of "still toe" boots with full athletic gear.
    5) Getting drunk is a three day event. Especially if you go drinking "Dahntahn" or to the "Sauside".
    6) You have been hit on by a "Stiller" or have seen Big Ben out and have then made a rape joke.
    7) Pot holes in the spring= see yah ball bearings.
    8) The entire city runs out of road salt AT LEAST once every two days...which is odd being there is a chance of snow 75% of the year.
    9) "Redd up the hause." means you better run the "sweeper" and throw a load in the "warsh".

Pittsburgh dad on youtube = DEAD ON.

I was already thinking about Pittsburgh Dad while reading this LOL!!!! Awesome.

Did you see the new hot sauce label on Pittsburgh Dad, it says, "Yinz can put it on dippy eggs!"

Hahaha no I have not, every time I watch his videos I just cringe and remind myself why I never go "Dahntahn".
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Michigan:
    1. You always hold up your hand to point to where you live.
    2. It's pop DAM*IT, NOT SODA.
    3. It's an annual thing to snowboard off the roof of the house before shoveling the snow off.
    4. You go to a large parking lot after first snowfall each year and do donuts to get the feel of the car in snow.
    5. 80 on the highway with 3 feet of snow on the ground is a given.
    6. It's the YOOP. Not the U.P.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Texas when:

...you have profile pictures of your favorite boots on your mfp account. :wink:
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm from the South...here'z da rulez:

1. Pull up your pants and take that earring out. You look like an idiot.

2. It's called a "gravel road." No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your BMW. So, drive or git outta the way.

3. Yeah, we all started hunting and fishing before we started to school. Sure, we saw "Bambi" but we got over it.

4. Go ahead. Bring your $600 Orvis Fly Rod--but don't cry when a catfish breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for that little 10 inch bass you're fishing for--we call it "bait."

5. That bent-over farmer did more work before breakfast than you do all week, including your visits to the gym. He does't need your respect but he surely DESERVES IT.

6. If your cell phone rings while we are sitting in the duck blind, we'll shoot it. You might hope you don't have it to your ear at the time.

7. If you bring "Coke" into our homes, it'd better be brown, wet, and best served over a glass of ice.

8. You have a $60,000 car? We're not impressed. Heck, we drive tractors, cotton pickers and hay balers that cost a quarter million dollars--and we only drive them a few weeks each year.

9. Yeah, we eat catfish, deer, rabbit, and squirrel. You want sushi? It's available at the bait shop.

10. What's that? People are waving at you in your car and smiling at you on the streets? We call it being friendly. Try to understand the concept.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Utah when:

-The first question anybody out of state asks you is if you know any polygamists or if you're part of the Mormon church
    -The only point of reference used is Salt Lake City
    -You always use your blinker at the last second so nobody can keep you from changing lanes .. or leave it on indefinitely
    -You experience all 4 seasons in one day
    -You can correctly pronounce cities such as Tooele, Hurricane,or Duschene
    -The "U" and "Y" are not just letters
    -You travel to another state in order to play the lottery

Absolutely.... also

-You know what Fry sauce is
    -You can easily get to a camping spot within 20-30 minutes
    -You still refer to the Delta Center when talking about the Utah Jazz
    -You get a good buzz off 1 beer any time you travel out of the state because it's high point
    -Wendover is a get away destination
    -People ask "which ward you are in"
    -You argue about how to pronounce Hooper (Hoop-er vs Hup-er) and Layton (Lay-ton vs Lay'n)
    -You know what the Wasatch Wave hair style is (late 80's early 90's)

I'm sure I will think of more....
    GO UTES!!!!!!
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You know youre from New York City when:

- Youve been to Albany once
    - An hour ride to go upstate from the city is too far.
    - You dont hang out in Times Square or avoid it.
    - Have gotten sick from a TGI Friday's in the city.
    - People think Long Island is full of rich people.
    - There is a starbucks and mcdonalds on nearly every block
    - You know what the boroughs are
    - You've never been to the statue of liberty.
    - When you're signaling a turn, people in that lane speed up.
    - Hardly use the map for the subway system.
    - Even when we have no where to go, still in a rush to get there.
    - You have seen the Radio City Christmas Spectacular a dozen times in the hopes of something new.
    - Have trouble figuring out what to eat, even though there is a dozen places.
    - People think you speak too fast.
    - When youve eaten good pizza or italian cookies.
    - A movie was filmed somewhere and you know where it happened.
    - You know what a dollar cab is.
    - You can correctly pronounce Hauppage, Massapequa, Ronkonkoma, Patchogue.
    - You miss going to New Jersey for cheaper gas.
    - Street Performers you pass them.
    - To avoid dont walk signs, you cross in a zig zag.
    - You get asked to pronounce talk or coffee by someone out of state.
    - Madison Square Garden is the place for everything. Its life.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Originally from NKY but I've been living in Australia for a while now so I'll do Aus:

1. You say 'Straya instead of Australia
    2. You call MacDonalds "maccas".
    3. You are entertained by a 39 year old bloke dressed as a slutty teenage school girl.
    4. You regularly see giant spiders in your home and don't care (I still do very muchthankyou)
    5. Hamish and Andy
    7. Beetroot on hamburgers ( I still can't do this)
    8. You only go to Bunnings for the sausage sizzle.
    9. The latest episodes of your favourite TV shows are “Not Available in Your Region”
    10. You know that “stubbies” are either short shorts or small beer bottles, a “gimp”, “bogan” or “geezer” is a random idiot, someone in trouble is in “strife” and you’re liable to burst out laughing whenever you hear of Americans “rooting” for something.
    11.You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto etc.
    12. "How's the serenity?"
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    Rome, italy
    wine
    great weather
    Missoni fashion
    full of people from other countries
    the sea.
    but....i live in London, uk.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Belfast

You know you are from Belfast when....

1. You can remember seeing soldiers walk down your street with guns in the middle of the day for no apparent reason.
    2. You have purchased a single cigarette at some stage of your life.
    3. Your Granny had a framed picture of the Pope or the Queen in the living room but not both.
    4. You will fight anyone who claims Callum Best's Da wasn't the best footballer EVER.
    5. You have owned a pair of Nike Air Max at some stage.

:laugh:
    Number 2 and 5 apply to Glasgow as well. And 3 to some extent (sadly).
  • marjushkamarusya
    Options
    You are from Moscow when you always run or read walking. Your phone never shuts up. You're overdressed everywhere abroad or even in airports. You know what's real traffic jam
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You know you are from Glasgow when:

1. No one outside Glasgow understands your accent
    2. Everyone thinks you support Rangers or Celtic
    3. You know the real meaning of the question, "What school did you go to?"
    4. You don't actually know anyone who has eaten a deep fried Mars bar
    5. But you will admit to having eaten several slices of deep fried pizza during your childhood
    6. You will tell someone your life story within 5 minutes of meeting them
    7. There's no such thing as too many friends
    8. You know that there's nowhere quite like Glasgow
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You know you're from Edinburgh when:

The impulse to smack all slow walking people in the back of the head is over-whelming during the month of August

Nipping out during the work day to buy a sandwich will take 40 minutes during the month of August

You are hungover most of August

You can never wear heels because cobbles

You can walk anywhere in the city in less than 25 minutes

Tourists ask for directions and you can just tell them to look up (the castle is there, Arthurs Seat is there, Scott Monument is there)

When you go to the Glasgow and can get a round of drinks for less than £10

When you drink Irn Bru more than Coke

When you give no money to the "homeless" beggars, because they have mobile phones (WTF, where do you charge that up then?)

When you have all four seasons in one day

When it stays light until midnight in summer, but goes dark at 3.30pm in the winter.

When you have to ring the police to tell the d*ckhead playing bagpipes (badly. So very very badly) outside your office/apartment to move the *kitten* along
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    west Texas - yes, we make distinctions. There are no large towns where we live - so we just say west Texas.

1. Our tea is always assumed to be ice cold and sweet.
    2. Chivalry is not here. Boys still get smacked on the back of the head for not opening a door for another person - be it man, woman or child. Girls get pinched on their upper arms when they forget to say thank you to said boy. Please, thank you and you're welcome had better be said or you will wish you had.
    3. It has been 90 degrees and the kids playing outside one day and 30 and snowing the next. We are prepared for all types of weather - just look in our closets - tank tops next to parkas.
    4. Sitting on a tailgate and visiting is considered a night out - and a good one at that.
    5. A finger raised while someone is driving by is called a hello gesture - it is not someone flipping you off - it is called saying hello and being friendly.
    6. Homecoming mums... look them up.
    7. We don't call a tow truck - we call our neighbor with a truck, winch and flat bed.
    8. We look in envy and jealous over a brand new 1 ton dually - the mercedes and BMW? eh...whatever.
    9. We understand that the best parking is NOT next to the store - it is underneath the shade tree in the back 40 where the blaring sun won't bake your seats.

P.S. If you don't know what the back 40 is... ***sigh***
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are from Moscow when you always run or read walking. Your phone never shuts up. You're overdressed everywhere abroad or even in airports. You know what's real traffic jam

Yes. I don't know how you girls do the 5" heels at toddler parties. I would die.
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You know your from Idaho if:

You say crick for any form of small moving stream of water

You leave your car unlocked with the keys in the ignition

You know what a finger steak is

Someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there

You've worn shorts and a parka at the same time

You've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number

'Vacation' means going anywhere ……south of Salt Lake City for the weekend

Also:

The 4 seasons are Almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction

You've ridden the school bus for 1 hour each way

You know several people who have hit a deer

You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching

You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again (assuming you have A/C)

You measure distance in time

You are related to more than half your hometown

You wave without thinking to all oncoming traffic

You think "using the elevator" involves grain

You listen to "Paul Harvey" every day at noon

Your nearest neighbor has a different area code+

Your main drag in town is two blocks long

If someone you know doesn't like camping or being outdoors, you scoff at them

Oh, and how could I forget... probably the only state where there's a commercial on TV that states "Buy a truck, get a gun!"
  • __Bad_Leroy
    __Bad_Leroy Posts: 242
    Options
    You know you're from Philly when...

5. You can spell Schuylkill, Manayunk, and Conshohocken without hesitation.
    4. Your favorite dessert is "wooder ice” and you call sprinkles on top of your ice cream cone "jimmies."
    3. You recognize the brilliance of Wawa.
    2. You snub a cheese steak that is not with Wiz and on an Amoroso roll.
    1. You hate Dallas and Merrill Reese’ voice has led to equal amounts of joy and frustration.