Do you believe in strictly Calories In - Calories Out?

Options

Replies

• 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Clean eating and exercise works! Lost 20 lbs since I started in June, Yes! I don't worry about calories, but eat healthy and it is falling off.

You do realize that clean eating still means you are eating below your maintenance right? 20 LBS in a month. I wonder how much of that is muscle loss. Be careful of skinny fat.

LOLLOLOLOLLLLL!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What is your average calorie intake ginal59?
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. 2000 from breads and starches versus 2000 calories from fat/protein will affect your body QUITE differently. One will cause your blood sugar to skyrocket while the other gives you proper energy and nutrients your body naturally needs.

"Everything in moderation" is great if you're trying to maintain weight. However, if you're trying to lose it it's better if the calories come from fats and protein and VERY MINIMALLY from carbs and sugars.

Yes, quality matters!
    Of course quality matters.

In the morning when I'm getting my bagel I refuse to eat them by the hospital, instead I drive 3 miles because the quality of those is so much better.

The quality of Talenti gelato is miles beyond Turkey Hill or Breyers so I stick to my talenti. Again, quality matters.

I always get a kick out of seeing people spout of about minimal sugar and quality blah blah blah when it comes to losing weight and that it's different if you are trying to maintain or gain deliberately. It's just a bunch of nonsense. So many times these people have the closed diaries, no pictures or one single picture which shows no actual application to their beliefs. Here let me show you what not avoiding sugar, not being worried about "quality" of every calorie or meal timing or restriction can achieve. What eating pizza 3x per week, gelato daily, bagels, cookies, KFC can look like if you stop making excuses and get your butt into the gym......

um1fNtq.png?1

Making excuses and playing the victim is easy. Executing a game plan is much more rewarding

Wow you look amazing! What did you do to get into this shape? Just based off calories in VS calories out?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    lets break it down 20 pounds weight loss in 31 days = 70,000 calorie deficit..

hmm sounds like she might know a little more than I thought but when you eat clean to lose that much you are clearly eating in deficit or over training to create the deficit.
  • AnswerzPwease
    AnswerzPwease Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. 2000 from breads and starches versus 2000 calories from fat/protein will affect your body QUITE differently. One will cause your blood sugar to skyrocket while the other gives you proper energy and nutrients your body naturally needs.

"Everything in moderation" is great if you're trying to maintain weight. However, if you're trying to lose it it's better if the calories come from fats and protein and VERY MINIMALLY from carbs and sugars.

Yes, quality matters!

In the morning when I'm getting my bagel I refuse to eat them by the hospital, instead I drive 3 miles because the quality of those is so much better.

The quality of Talenti gelato is miles beyond Turkey Hill or Breyers so I stick to my talenti. Again, quality matters.

I always get a kick out of seeing people spout of about minimal sugar and quality blah blah blah when it comes to losing weight and that it's different if you are trying to maintain or gain deliberately. It's just a bunch of nonsense. So many times these people have the closed diaries, no pictures or one single picture which shows no actual application to their beliefs. Here let me show you what not avoiding sugar, not being worried about "quality" of every calorie or meal timing or restriction can achieve. What eating pizza 3x per week, gelato daily, bagels, cookies, KFC can look like if you stop making excuses and get your butt into the gym......

um1fq.png?1

Making excuses and playing the victim is easy. Executing a game plan is much more rewarding

Congrats on your success.

I'm curious if it was easier for you because you didn't really have much to lose. Versus me who has 150 pounds to lose?
    I wouldn't call 75 lbs not a lot to lose. I was still clinically obese. It still took effort and commitment. It wasn't easy from the start but eventually it did become easy. Now it's a game. Arm yourself with as much actual knowledge as possible. Forums are great and you can learn a lot but you have to take the initiative to go research things on your own then apply it. Not do what so many people do by reading a few articles then passing off advice as if they actually know what they are doing.

You may have 150 lbs to lose compared to me having half of that but at the end of the day it's the same process that gets us there.

Thanks man.

So did you just stick to CICO? Not caring what type of food it is?

I do a full body weight lifting workout every other day. But no cardio? I've had so many people tell me that cardio doesn't do a whole lot for weight loss. More just a way to create a slightly larger defector and weight lifting is much more beneficial.

Your thoughts?
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Yes, quality matters!

um1fNtq.png?1

I'm curious if it was easier for you because you didn't really have much to lose. Versus me who has 150 pounds to lose?

I do not think having less to lose changes the fact of making it easier. We did not get big eating lots of fruits and veggies nutrient dense foods. I top out at 265 but that was such a blur that I cut down on drinking which was very hard since I love alcohol. I stop eating out a lot. The bigger the person is the more healthy a larger calorie deficit can be? That makes no sense to me though but that is the claim.

Also like MrM27 said EXERCISE and have a game plan like how much to lose per week. How much to workout per week? If a emotional eater how to cope with stress without food? How many times to eat out.?
    Think about any and all things when trying to lose weight and one day you will figure it out for your body. That when the fat melts off of you and weight loss becomes a stress free journey to the new and more healthier you. Also You got to stay active in life. So many benefits.

LOL nutrient sense foods don't seem to matter on here. Lot of people losing 100 to 200 pounds eating cake and KFC.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

hmm sounds like she might know a little more than I thought but when you eat clean to lose that much you are clearly eating in deficit or over training to create the deficit.

She is also doing keto from what I understand so a large part of the initial drop is likely water weight as well.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Dammit. How did I end up in here?
  • ironanimal
    Options

She is also doing keto from what I understand so a large part of the initial drop is likely water weight as well.
    She seems to avoid answering how many calories she's eating, too. I can't imagine it's very many.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Yes, quality matters!

um1fNtq.png?1

I do not think having less to lose changes the fact of making it easier. We did not get big eating lots of fruits and veggies nutrient dense foods. I top out at 265 but that was such a blur that I cut down on drinking which was very hard since I love alcohol. I stop eating out a lot. The bigger the person is the more healthy a larger calorie deficit can be? That makes no sense to me though but that is the claim.

Also like MrM27 said EXERCISE and have a game plan like how much to lose per week. How much to workout per week? If a emotional eater how to cope with stress without food? How many times to eat out.?
    Think about any and all things when trying to lose weight and one day you will figure it out for your body. That when the fat melts off of you and weight loss becomes a stress free journey to the new and more healthier you. Also You got to stay active in life. So many benefits.

LOL nutrient sense foods don't seem to matter on here. Lot of people losing 100 to 200 pounds eating cake and KFC.

Your correct on lose weight only. If you want a decent body composition when you lose the weight nutrient dense foods will be used in your diet. Also being thin =/= being healthy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yes, quality matters!

um1fNtq.png?1

LOL nutrient sense foods don't seem to matter on here. Lot of people losing 100 to 200 pounds eating some cake and KFC.

FIFY.

What it is *not* is "...eating nothing but cake and KFC."
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Dammit. How did I end up in here?

Welcome back.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

Yes, quality matters!

um1fNtq.png?1

LOL nutrient sense foods don't seem to matter on here. Lot of people losing 100 to 200 pounds eating some cake and KFC.

FIFY.

What it is *not* is "...eating nothing but cake and KFC."

Haha! Good point. Thanks for the fix.
  • AnswerzPwease
    Options

She seems to avoid answering how many calories she's eating, too. I can't imagine it's very many.

Not trying to defend her, but she has said multiple times in this very thread that she doesn't count calories. Which is why she can't tell you how many she's eating.
  • ironanimal
    Options

Not trying to defend her, but she has said multiple times in this very thread that she doesn't count calories. Which is why she can't tell you how many she's eating.
    No, but presumably she's tracking her macros to maintain a keto diet; that would give you a calorie number as well, as a byproduct.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    She just does not want to admit what we are saying to her is exactly what she is doing.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

No, but presumably she's tracking her macros to maintain a keto diet; that would give you a calorie number as well, as a byproduct.

As an undercover spy I just friended Gina

SHE EATS LESS THAN 800 CALS A DAY

LOLOLOLOLOLLL!!!!!!

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

So Sorry Gina - but I'm sick of your comments and copy paste pointless links.

At an average of 700 calories a day you could eat chocolate and still lose weight.

Foods Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber

Breakfast

Heb - Greek Plain 0% Milk Fat Yogurt, 0.5 cup 70 4g 0g 12g 0mg 43mg 4g 0g
    Eight O Clock - Cofee, 8 oz 0 0g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Baking - Flax Seed Meal, 1 Tbsp 30 2g 2g 1g 0mg 0mg 0g 2g

Lunch

Tomatoes - Raw, 0.25 Medium 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 1mg 1g 0g
    Vinegar, Red Wine - Pompeian Gourmet Premium, 1 Tbsp (15ml) 2 0g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Lettuce - Green leaf, raw, 2 cup shredded 11 2g 0g 1g 0mg 20mg 1g 1g
    Oil - Olive, 1 tsp 40 0g 5g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Onions - Raw, 1 slice, thin 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Honeysuckle - 99% Fat Free Turkey Breast Roast, 2 oz 60 0g 0g 14g 35mg 28mg 0g 0g

Dinner

Broccoli - Steamed (Only!), 1 cup 31 6g 0g 3g 0mg 30mg 2g 2g
    Garlic - Raw, 1 tsp 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    pork sirloin steak - pork , 6 oz. 246 0g 12g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g

Snacks

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea With Rind of Oranges and Sweet Spice - Tea, 8 oz 0 0g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Heb - Half & Half, 1 Tbsp 20 1g 2g 1g 5mg 15mg 1g 0g
    Cocoa - Dry powder, unsweetened, 0.33 tbsp 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 1g

TOTAL: 566 19g 26g 32g 40mg 137mg 9g 6g

This is the 23rd of June

Sorry about the format.

(I suspect I will be shortly unfriended - but my work here is done.)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Yep - I was deleted at the speed of lightning

But not quick enough.

LOLOLOLOLLLL!!!!!

:laugh:
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options

It just shows your poor character, not mine!

As an undercover spy I just friended Gina

SHE EATS LESS THAN 800 CALS A DAY

LOLOLOLOLOLLL!!!!!!

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

So Sorry Gina - but I'm sick of your comments and copy paste pointless links.

At an average of 700 calories a day you could eat chocolate and still lose weight.

Foods Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber

Breakfast

Heb - Greek Plain 0% Milk Fat Yogurt, 0.5 cup 70 4g 0g 12g 0mg 43mg 4g 0g
    Eight O Clock - Cofee, 8 oz 0 0g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Baking - Flax Seed Meal, 1 Tbsp 30 2g 2g 1g 0mg 0mg 0g 2g

Lunch

Tomatoes - Raw, 0.25 Medium 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 1mg 1g 0g
    Vinegar, Red Wine - Pompeian Gourmet Premium, 1 Tbsp (15ml) 2 0g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Lettuce - Green leaf, raw, 2 cup shredded 11 2g 0g 1g 0mg 20mg 1g 1g
    Onions - Raw, 1 slice, thin 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Honeysuckle - 99% Fat Free Turkey Breast Roast, 2 oz 60 0g 0g 14g 35mg 28mg 0g 0g

Dinner

Broccoli - Steamed (Only!), 1 cup 31 6g 0g 3g 0mg 30mg 2g 2g
    Garlic - Raw, 1 tsp 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    pork sirloin steak - pork , 6 oz. 246 0g 12g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g

Snacks

Bigelow Constant Comment Tea With Rind of Oranges and Sweet Spice - Tea, 8 oz 0 0g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Heb - Half & Half, 1 Tbsp 20 1g 2g 1g 5mg 15mg 1g 0g
    Cocoa - Dry powder, unsweetened, 0.33 tbsp 4 1g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 1g

TOTAL: 566 19g 26g 32g 40mg 137mg 9g 6g

This is the 23rd of June

Sorry about the format.

(I suspect I will be shortly unfriended - but my work here is done.)