Are you losing weight to feel more attractive?

Options

Replies

• lizmedrano
    lizmedrano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Both ... I want to look better and be healthy.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Straight-up to look good naked for my husband. And a bikini for everyone else. :wink: All the health and longevity and all that comes with it it purely icing on the cake for me!
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes. I want to be a hottie. I tell my boyfriend, "I want to be so hot that even YOUR friends will ask, 'What does she see in him?'"

Seriously, though, I want my hips and knees to not ache. And I've lost an uncle and a grandma (my dad's family) to complications from Type 2 Diabetes, and I don't want to go there. Dad is healthy, most likely because he has always been trim and active.

I was trim a couple years back after being overweight for a long time, and I liked it. I backslid about 20 pounds. I want to get back to trim again.
  • hzleyez81
    hzleyez81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I first set out on my weight-loss journey eight years ago, becoming more attractive was my motivation. Three years ago my thinking shifted, and I now care more about my health than I care how attractive I am. I am my harshest critic, so if I'm happy with what I see in the mirror, then I'm happy. I don't care what anyone else thinks.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    But deep down I know though that whatever weight I am, I'm never going to be completely happy with my appearance, so I wanna lose weight to feel healthy/that little bit better with myself.

You look lovely! I don't think you've got anything to be concerned about :D
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    In my humble opinion people can be just as attractive with extra weight as they can thin. Some folks' faces even look better a bit fleshed out! I'm afraid I've pushed my body too far into the unhealthy range to have the slightest hope of having a body the vast majority of peeps would deem "attractive", due to lose skin (If you can avoid doing that to yourself, I'd advise it, lol) Fortunatly for me, I'm attractive to the one man whose opinion counts, my fiance. My motivation lies in health, longevity, feeling physically capable and fit, long bike rides, being an example to my two preschoolers, and giving hope to people who have 100+ lbs to lose that they too can do it, without surgery, if they set their minds to it. :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    For me, it was primarily to be more attractive, among other things. Now - I do it for the 100's of other reasons as well.
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    No
  • Shaystays
    Shaystays Posts: 34
    Options
    I am losing weight to be attractive, to be happy. Recent blood work shows that I have absolutely nothing wrong with me, no problems, and that I am perfectly healthy. Except for the fact that I am 70lbs overweight (weird, right?)
    So, this is just for me. I want to feel beautiful, and I never will unless I am fit.
  • svm_123
    svm_123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Pure vanity here but loving the side effects of feeling healthier, sleeping better and not being out of breath when walking etc. Also its great to have found new exercises which have now turned into hobbies such as skating and bike riding. After my holiday i have gained a stone and my lovely new clothes do not fit well any more, back to vanity weight loss :)

I actually chose to lose weight for vanity, i.e lose it, feel more confident, but I have found exercises that have turned into hobbies such as running and swimming.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Both. :bigsmile:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Pure vanity here but loving the side effects of feeling healthier, sleeping better and not being out of breath when walking etc. Also its great to have found new exercises which have now turned into hobbies such as skating and bike riding. After my holiday i have gained a stone and my lovely new clothes do not fit well any more, back to vanity weight loss :)

I actually chose to lose weight for vanity, i.e lose it, feel more confident, but I have found exercises that have turned into hobbies such as running and swimming.

this ^^ I do also find exercise a new routine in my daily life. big bonus~
  • Buffalospiritdancer
    Options
    Screw health, I am a 5' 6" tall man who started going bald in my 20's. If I get too heavy I am TOTALLY screwed!! :) Okay, yes, I DO want to be healthy, but of course I want to look as good as possible as well. (See above for 'as good as possible' :)
  • FatAndyMan
    Options
    1. Confidence
    2. Vanity
    3. Athletic Ability
    4. Self Mastery
    5. Health
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really want to be happy about myself and be healthy. I don't care what other people think, it's what I think that matters.
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    Honestly yes...in elementary they called me fat, in middle school they called me fat and I think my best friend left me because I got fat and unattractive so, and im in my last year of highschool so i just dont wanna bring this weight with me when i get to college tbh

im a mess whatevs
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That's some of it, but the main reason is to be healthier and to feel better..."lighter on my feet". :)
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I like a fit body that has a flat stomach ( so cool )
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I didnt join here for the beach body, to be fit and healthy. They are all perfect reasons. I joined to become normal. I want to blend into a crowd. I dont want to be the fat person in the room. I know my self esteem will improve the more I shrink. I am sure my confidence will get better as well. Being fit and healthy is going to be an awesome added bonus...