TGIF Thanks all you can eat appetizers.

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How gross… TGIF is offering all you appetizers for $10. Another "stuff your face America" let's get fatter move.

I'm only supporting restaurants taking the healthful high road.

Sounds like the issue is you, not the restaurant. Way to avoid accountability.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    How gross… TGIF is offering all you appetizers for $10. Another "stuff your face America" let's get fatter move.

I see nothing wrong with this. Just save up your calories during the week if you want to eat more at TGIF. That is why there are champion competitive eaters who can consume 10,000+ calories in one sitting easily and still have a BMI of 20. They fast between large meals.

TGIF is not making customers fat with one meal regardless of its size. Failure to eat more than your TDEE over time makes people fat.

Personally I love all you can eat buffets and often consume many plates. My health is perfect and I have never been one pound overweight because I track my intake. There are plenty of people like me.

If you need evidence I can link a video of myself eating 18 doughnuts while running 5 miles, eating an entire large pizza in under 10 minutes for fun or consuming 10 ice cream cones at once the day after my first marathon. I hit my macros for the week during each of these experiments. Just change your calorie/macro goals on other days to compensate
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Ha. you are so right. (jk) i just looked on mfp to see how many calories there are in those all you can eat potato skins…

oh? nothing on mfp per order..just per piece. so ..that would be 160 calories per one skin.

when you make food for the masses.. you have a responsibility ….making food more calorie laden than needed is wrong. we know this people after coutning calories. we know we could make a small potato skin for way fewer calories than 160.

this is why America is fat.

blame_zpsc13ad5d0.png

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • LosingItInDenver
    Options
    Ha. you are so right. (jk) i just looked on mfp to see how many calories there are in those all you can eat potato skins…

oh? nothing on mfp per order..just per piece. so ..that would be 160 calories per one skin.

when you make food for the masses.. you have a responsibility ….making food more calorie laden than needed is wrong. we know this people after coutning calories. we know we could make a small potato skin for way fewer calories than 160.

Wrong. America is fat because people prefer to live in ignorance about what they are putting in to their bodies - either portion-wise, or content-wise. That is no more TGIFriday's responsibility than it is Coke's or McD's or whatever. Those are businesses, who are tasked with providing a product that tastes good to the public and yields their business owners/shareholders some profits. They have no obligation whatsoever to minimize calories. They are going to make their products with things people like and that will get butts in the seats: cheese, grease, sugar, and flour.

Mmmm... cheese grease, sugar and flour.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

blame_zpsc13ad5d0.png

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Bow_zps28d5467f.gif
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure their motive is more butts in seats and not necessarily making America fatter. These sit-down chains are getting their balance sheets handed to them by fast casual restaurants who make the same, if not better, quality food without surly waitstaff and coked-up line cooks.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a place for you to hitch your high horse anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! If laughing qualifies as exercise, I just burned 20 calories! (Giddyup!)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    In for directions to the Healthful High Road. My GPS can't seem to locate it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Then why am I not fat?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Never heard of them. Moderation in all foods is the key.

Eating out sometimes is fun. Where I love, just down the street, Whole Foods has a wonderful "healthful high road" menu, including a killer salad buffet. The mall also has BJ's Brewery, Chipotle, and there's a Denny's just down the street. Across form Denny's is In and Out Burger. Rarely eat out, but all these places are fantastic. Yep...moderation.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I just see the big picture. Progressive restaurants are not doing these kinds of promotions. for obvious reasons.

I snicker at how some of you blame me for pointing out someting significant and that just makes plain sense. :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I just see the big picture. Progressive restaurants are not doing these kinds of promotions. for obvious reasons.

I snicker at how some of you blame me for pointing out someting significant and that just makes plain sense. :drinker:

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

You would have a point if all American citizens were government mandated to eat TGI Fridays potato skins. Since they are not mandated, you don't have a valid point.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    This gif just seems to fit here.

post-18141-Wednesday-Adams-Ill-be-the-vic-81j7.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

What?

America is fat because the people in America more calories than they burn. Really, it has nothing to do with potato skins.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Please provide examples of "progressive restaurants".
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

I see nothing wrong with this. Just save up your calories during the week if you want to eat more at TGIF. That is why there are champion competitive eaters who can consume 10,000+ calories in one sitting easily and still have a BMI of 20. They fast between large meals.

TGIF is not making customers fat with one meal regardless of its size. Failure to eat more than your TDEE over time makes people fat.

Personally I love all you can eat buffets and often consume many plates. My health is perfect and I have never been one pound overweight because I track my intake. There are plenty of people like me.

If you need evidence I can link a video of myself eating 18 doughnuts while running 5 miles, eating an entire large pizza in under 10 minutes for fun or consuming 10 ice cream cones at once the day after my first marathon. I hit my macros for the week during each of these experiments. Just change your calorie/macro goals on other days to compensate

I wanna be you when I grow up!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I would concede one realistic scenario in which case perhaps there was some governmental responsibility to intervene.

That would be if the only food a portion of the population could afford due to poverty was food that was not nutritious enough to sustain them and therefore those at or below the poverty line were malnourished and/or having to eat so much calorically to get the necessary nutrients from the poor quality food that they became obese. I think at that point it would be the governments responsibility to provide some sort of subsidy or program for providing more nutrient dense foods at a price point where the empoverished could afford to eat properly.

This, of course, has absoultely nothing to do with TGI Fridays. At the point where you can afford healthier options then it is a matter of personal responsibility and if you are fat it is no ones fault but your own.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Also...pssssst... *whispering* ...it's called "personal responsibility."
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Also...pssssst... *whispering* ...it's called "personal responsibility."

According to her, telling her to be accountable is us putting blame on her.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I just ate 3 cookies and 1.5 servings of ice cream. Clearly this is the fault of Pilsbury and Dryers. I mean sure, I bought the stuff. And I cooked the cookies. And scooped the ice cream. And crammed it all into my mouth. But the companies are at fault.