Anime / Manga

Options
124»

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    holy cow, i just checked back in and got some great recommendations.
    I finally managed to find some lost episodes of Rurouni Kenshin which I finished last night.
    Earlier this year I used PlayLater to record the entire series from Hulu to re-watch at a later date.

[/quote]
    I am attempting to catch up on Bleach, but the filler episodes I just skip over, which I'm afraid of with Naruto because I heard a lot of episodes are filler, which are almost as bad as DBZ and Goku charging up for 3 episodes.
    [/quote]
    I gave up on Bleach many years ago when I could only watch it weekly on Toonami. Now that I have PlayLater and Hulu, might revisit it. Naruto puts DBZ to shame when it come to filler eps and stretching out a story line. I skipped over the final 50+ eps of the original series to jump right ahead to Shippuden when I "accidentally" found out they still hadn't caught up to Sasuke. I'm only 40+ eps in via binge watching and I think they're up to 360+! Yeesh!
  • ogogirl1
    ogogirl1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Have you watched Hellsing, the show is awesome.
  • RayLeen19
    RayLeen19 Posts: 106
    Options
    Bleach-only the Arrancar Arc was awesome...
    Trigun Badlands Rumble
    Attack on Titan

both last 2 are very awesome^^
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Love anime and enjoyed reading manga
    Grew up watching GBZ- classic

Favorite: Inuyasha- read and watch the whole series including the movies :-)

Recommend:
    Spirit away
    Akria
    Cowboy bebop
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Tokyo underground
    Great Teacher Onizuka ♡

Watch with English subtitles because English dub sucks
  • minx112
    minx112 Posts: 13
    Options
    I tend to not like answering this question, because most of the time people tend to ask just so they can gloat about how many different shows they've seen. There's a cool site, however, called MyAnimeList ( http://myanimelist.net/ ) that you can use to keep up to date with everything you've watched. And if you rate what you've seen (if I remember correctly) it can recommend similar titles that you've liked. You can link your profile to people in posts like this to show that you like horror/deep shows, so you're not getting recommendations like Fruit Basket (everyone has their likes, I'm not judging). You can also link it to gloat how many shows you've seen, if you're that guy. I also think it has mangas, not 100% sure on that one.

As for my recommendations to you, I like popular stuff, sue me. Madoka, Full metal, Mushi-shi, Gurren Lagann, etc.
  • Nichole195
    Nichole195 Posts: 24
    Options
    My Favorite's

Attack on Titan (soooooooooooo good)
    Claymore
    Death Note
    Naruto
    Vampire Night
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Grew up on Robotech, Starblazers and Bubblegum Crisis. Gotta love the classics!

752.jpg

I remember staying up late to catch Bubblegum Crisis!

My favorite is Ghost in the Shell. <3
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good ones.

-Death Note

-Afro Samurai

-Black Cat

-Dragonball /z/gt

-Naruto

AnimeFreak is a good website to watch Anime.
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not an anime hound like some, but I've enjoyed some series/movies. Stuff like:

Ghost in the Shell
    Appleseed
    Cowboy Bebop
    Eureka Seven
    Escaflowne
    Speed Grapher
    Evangelion
    ANYTHING by Miyasaki!!!!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Really depends on your interests and most of the time manga story lines are somewhat different from the animated version.

My personal Studio Ghibli favorites are Up on Poppy Hill and Whispers of the Heart. Devil is a Part Timer is great. Had to second that one. Sword Art Online is good, along with Log Horizon. However, all of them are light novels.

Clamp has a lot of good things, however, the older Clamp series can be left unfinished. xxxHolic and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle were really enjoyable.

Bleach I gave up on and the new Hunter x Hunter anime is awesome. Given what you have watched, I suggest Cowboy Bepop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, Eureka Seven, Bakuman (creators of Death Note, kind of a spin off them, as manga writers. Really suggest for anyone!!), and Trigun.

ETA: I think you have waaay more than enough to start off with. Fairy Tail is fan service-y but in the anime it is very light, unless you watch the OVAs.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    hell yeah. I like alot of them, from the serous (AOT) to the way more silly (Roserie+) . I always try to out new ones I havent seen.
  • Kellbellftw
    Kellbellftw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My all time fav's are Cowboy Bebop and DeathNote. My husband and I have been into video game anime lately lol we just finished Dangan Ronpa animation and Person 4 animation before that. Attack on Titan is pretty amazing. I've been trying to get into Black Butler, because it seems I'm running into it everywhere I look but I just can't get into it.
  • chubbpupp
    Options
    They have a new season for black butler came out last month and all I can tell you is that this entire anime is just amazing
  • I've been watching Attack on Titan. It's about giants that break into a city to eat all the pizza. It's actually pretty entertaining although disturbing at times.

hdwallpapers.jpg

OMFG, I seriously died. Best anime i've seen in awhile though ;)
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    inuyasha.gif
  • kunai118
    kunai118 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The last series I watched was Gurren Lagenn. Some of my favorites, in no real order, DBZ, FMA:B, Evangelion, GTO, Chobits, Hajime no Ippo, Kaiji
  • TheGaruuda
    Options
    I love all of you.
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    here for the hentai