Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    hhlun.gif
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    looks like its pretty low calorie and low sodium for 3 days = water weight drop
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    As someone who was in the Army for 6 years, I can say that this diet was never in wide use. It look's unsatisfying. There is nothing magic about any diet. Don't over complicate the process. Eat food you enjoy to a calorie deficit.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    See that search option that at the end of the row with, Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, Settings, Search. It will tell you all you need to know about this fad diet; that's it's not a good idea, for example.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    10 pounds * 3500 calories per pound = 35,000 calories.

35,000 / 3 = 11,667 calories.

If you ate nothing for three days and your TDEE were 11,667 per day, theoretically you could actually lose 10 pounds of fat in 3 days.

I doubt you'd go three days without food and I doubt your TDEE is 11,667. On the other hand, you might lose a lot of water weight that you'd gain right back.
  • jennlynn49
    jennlynn49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well its not just for 3 days. If you read the information on the link, you go back to regular "healthy" eating for the following four days. Then, back to the strict diet for 3 days.

I am giving it a try. I understand the best results come with watching calories, exercising, etc. Just looking for input from someone WHO HAS DONE THIS.

Thanks for the replies, I can always count on a good laugh with some of the comments!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It gives precious little information on the other four days, but if you eat at maintenance then the math doesn't change.

And the blog post does call it a 3-day diet, so there's that.
  • coopieclan
    coopieclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is my first time trying the diet. I just finished my third day. How are you doing?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    url-20.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Well its not just for 3 days. If you read the information on the link, you go back to regular "healthy" eating for the following four days. Then, back to the strict diet for 3 days.

I am giving it a try. I understand the best results come with watching calories, exercising, etc. Just looking for input from someone WHO HAS DONE THIS.

Thanks for the replies, I can always count on a good laugh with some of the comments!

What does it teach you about eating??

Absolutely nothing!!!!

Eat reasonable deficit and exercise!!!

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Nicole-Scherzinger-no-baby-no.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you're just going to do it anyway then why did you ask?

Also what makes you think that none of the people telling you it's a bad idea have never done it?
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Now they're slapping the word "Army" on fad diets to get people to try them?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Now they're slapping the word "Army" on fad diets to get people to try them?

Yup. And there's one named after a heart hospital-- can't remember which one. Both completely erroneously named.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Some things you don't need to try to know it's a bad idea. Meth, for example, or flinging yourself headlong into cacti. Drinking bleach, walking on broken glass, trying to steal a baby bear from its mother...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Yes. As a matter of fact, I did it so well that I lost 61 pounds in just two and a half days. I had a good coach, though...

Full-Metal-Jacket-Stanely-Kubrick-Top-25-Best-Book-To-Film-Adaptations.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Some things you don't need to try to know it's a bad idea. Meth, for example, or flinging yourself headlong into cacti. Drinking bleach, walking on broken glass, trying to steal a baby bear from its mother...

tumblr_mgffezi3bl1s33pdno1_500_zpse3d8628c.gif
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i guess thats my problem: Im in the Airforce! Thats why the lbs dont come off so easily! HA! Seriously- there is no "army" diet. In the military we are taught to eat properly. Whether we are do or not, is up to us. In Basic training, on any course i have ever been on- or anywhere for that matter where they have serious control over what we do- there has been no "diet" to follow.
  • jbeebs101
    jbeebs101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mom is medically obese and has success with the three-day diet, but I have repeatedly told her that it is extremely unhealthy. I tried it and was starving and didn't lose an ounce of weight! I took the time to calculate the calories for each day and they are all under 1200 calories, but one of those days was 900 calories! That is literally starving the body. I understand that it's only for three days, but cutting calories that low still isn't healthy.