Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    1-9.gif~c200
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    First of all you don't know me and shouldn't assume that I would need your advise. I am very familiar with dieting and have tried enough of them to know what works and what doesn't.

The preachers should stop preaching

Rock tossing can be a great calorie burn. Not advice, just a thought.
  • crys39
    crys39 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    First of all you don't know me and shouldn't assume that I would need your advise. I am very familiar with dieting and have tried enough of them to know what works and what doesn't.

You clearly don't know what works.
  • HONKEYTHUNDER
    Options
    The thing with what i call fad diets are that yea you may lose weight fast but in my opinion its not just about losing weight its about keeping it off as well if wanna lose weight you must change your lifestyle forever not just for a 30 day diet.I personally use intermittent Fasting 8/16 but i will do this for the rest of my life and its realistic and managable
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Call me a hater if you will, but this might be the stupidest sounding thing Ive ever seen

:sick: That's just gross! A whole cup of PLAIN tuna, a banana, and ice cream for the last dinner? I have a garbage disposal for a stomach, but I couldn't choke that down, I'd get sick.

Maybe that's the point--you throw up from the taste of this diet. My 4 year old would make better food choices if left to a "free range" food day (and we're NOT a "clean" eating household by any stretch).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My husband is active duty and he eats Talenti by the pint most nights of the week.

Thankfully mine mostly eats the cheap stuff by the pint. Our current grocery bill is bad enough! :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    First of all just because I've been a member for 2 years doesn't mean I've only lost 8 lbs. of weight over that time. People who are not constructive should just keep their comments to themselves.

I'd argue that what I'm doing here is more constructive than what you're doing here.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

maybe the preachers will stop preaching when you stop promoting VLCDs
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    What is VLCD and how does it equate to success of dieting if someone needs to lose weight? Is this thing turned on?!?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Second of all , why are you ASSUMING that we are even talking to you, you aren't even the OP.

Third of all, why do you have to keep trying new diets if you know what works?

Fourth of all, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's against TOS to promote a VLCD.

1063153.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

You're very familiar with dieting, so much so that you've tried lots of them? ...pardon me for being all Debbie WTF but someone who had had to try many different diets to find success and is still lookjng fir that success doesn't exactly strike me someone knowledgeable to the point of not needing advice from others.
  • coopieclan
    coopieclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options

You're very familiar with dieting, so much so that you've tried lots of them? ...pardon me for being all Debbie WTF but someone who had had to try many different diets to find success and is still lookjng fir that success doesn't exactly strike me someone knowledgeable to the point of not needing advice from others.

First of all everyone should stop acting like you know me.

Just to make things straight.

First, I have been put on this diet by my doctor to help me speed up my weight loss and get off some medications. I am under a doctor's care.

Second. I'm sure this forum topic was started by the OP because she wanted some advice from people who have tried it. Not a deluge of negative comments. Some of which have been very very derogatory.

Thirdly, there are diets for morbidly obese that are only 500 calories a day every day.

Give people a chance to communicate with others that are kindred. If this diet is not for you great. Much success with whatever you choose.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Maybe diets which are so extreme they require medical supervision aren't something that should be promoted to complete strangers on the internet.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Maybe diets which are so extreme they require medical supervision aren't something that should be promoted to complete strangers on the internet.
    I'll drink to that.
    winecooperwinecooper.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

DING DING DING DING DING

She's right you know!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

tumblr_lr6uiqel0X1r2hybuo1_400.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

QFT ^This should just be common sense.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Call me a hater if you will, but this might be the stupidest sounding thing Ive ever seen.

413f1b96-d2b0-4e24-b139-83efa0593678.jpg

As with Kgeyser- My husband is active duty as well and there is no way he eats like that. He puts away twice as much food (maybe more) than I do.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

First of all everyone should stop acting like you know me.

Just to make things straight.

First, I have been put on this diet by my doctor to help me speed up my weight loss and get off some medications. I am under a doctor's care.

Second. I'm sure this forum topic was started by the OP because she wanted some advice from people who have tried it. Not a deluge of negative comments. Some of which have been very very derogatory.

Thirdly, there are diets for morbidly obese that are only 500 calories a day every day.

Give people a chance to communicate with others that are kindred. If this diet is not for you great. Much success with whatever you choose.

Lady, if you don't like the comments of the general public, don't comment on a public forum.