Three Day Military Diet?

Options

Replies

• Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You will never succeed with weight loss until you accept that there is no magic secret to losing weight fast. You just have to eat at a caloric deficit and wait. Then to keep it off, you have to eat at a reasonable calorie level for the rest of your life. If you don't adopt eating habits that are sustainable and realistic while losing weight, you will go back to eating too much and gain it all back.

Take the advice of the people here who have been successful. Even take a peek at what people are doing at the maintenance part of the board. They still watch calories and just eat sensibly. They don't eat whatever they want for months and then crash diet to lose weight.

I am not being a "hater". I'm sure you will lose weight in those three days and if you want to jump start your weight loss that way, that is fine. Just don't expect to be in a size 2 after a few days of miracle dieting. Doing these kinds of "diets" and then failing at losing weight in the long term is why people falsely believe that "diets don't work for me."

Diets don't work at all. Lifestyle changes do. If you can't wrap your head around changing forever, you don't want it enough yet.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    You will never succeed with weight loss until you accept that there is no magic secret to losing weight fast. You just have to eat at a caloric deficit and wait. Then to keep it off, you have to eat at a reasonable calorie level for the rest of your life. If you don't adopt eating habits that are sustainable and realistic while losing weight, you will go back to eating too much and gain it all back.

Take the advice of the people here who have been successful. Even take a peek at what people are doing at the maintenance part of the board. They still watch calories and just eat sensibly. They don't eat whatever they want for months and then crash diet to lose weight.

I am not being a "hater". I'm sure you will lose weight in those three days and if you want to jump start your weight loss that way, that is fine. Just don't expect to be in a size 2 after a few days of miracle dieting. Doing these kinds of "diets" and then failing at losing weight in the long term is why people falsely believe that "diets don't work for me."

Diets don't work at all. Lifestyle changes do. If you can't wrap your head around changing forever, you don't want it enough yet.

But you didn't agree with the OP; therefore you ARE a hater.
  • joverine
    joverine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Now they're slapping the word "Army" on fad diets to get people to try them?

I was in the army 7 years and never ate like that ...just saying
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    For those of you trying or on the 3 day diet plan. I have stared a group "3 Day Diet" . Please join so that we can connect. Haters are not invited and can keep their opinions to themselves.

Been here for 2 years, lost 8 lbs. It's clearly working well for you.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    For those of you trying or on the 3 day diet plan. I have stared a group "3 Day Diet" . Please join so that we can connect. Haters are not invited and can keep their opinions to themselves.

Been here for 2 years, lost 8 lbs. It's clearly working well for you.
    Started posting with praise for Dr. Oz's supplement recommendations, complained about random diets, asked whether anyone counted calories, started a "3 Day Diet" group. It's been a productive two years.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly sure that there is no "military" diet.

Oh there is. You eat apples that cost $143 each.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Yes. As a matter of fact, I did it so well that I lost 61 pounds in just two and a half days. I had a good coach, though...

Full-Metal-Jacket-Stanely-Kubrick-Top-25-Best-Book-To-Film-Adaptations.gif

I only lost 22lbs in boot camp. And that took 13 weeks. I must have totally did it wrong. I should probably go back through.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the people that actually take this seriously.

Exactly, it's nothing more than a fad diet. We're looking for real life solutions that will last a lifetime.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    My husband is active duty and he eats Talenti by the pint most nights of the week.
  • coopieclan
    coopieclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First of all just because I've been a member for 2 years doesn't mean I've only lost 8 lbs. of weight over that time. People who are not constructive should just keep their comments to themselves.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Call me a hater if you will, but this might be the stupidest sounding thing Ive ever seen.

413f1b96-d2b0-4e24-b139-83efa0593678.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm just going to stick with eating whatever the hell I want and losing weight, thanks.
  • coopieclan
    coopieclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First of all you don't know me and shouldn't assume that I would need your advise. I am very familiar with dieting and have tried enough of them to know what works and what doesn't.

The preachers should stop preaching
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you can't do it for the rest of your life, don't start it. You will gain the weight back, it's not worth it.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    First of all just because I've been a member for 2 years doesn't mean I've only lost 8 lbs. of weight over that time. People who are not constructive should just keep their comments to themselves.
    What's your problem? Why defend such an unhealthy,unrealistic way to be healthy? It shouldn't be a diet, it should be lifestyle.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    First of all you don't know me and shouldn't assume that I would need your advise. I am very familiar with dieting and have tried enough of them to know what works and what doesn't.

Second of all , why are you ASSUMING that we are even talking to you, you aren't even the OP.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Second of all , why are you ASSUMING that we are even talking to you, you aren't even the OP.

Third of all, why do you have to keep trying new diets if you know what works?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    By "military diet" do you mean reconstituted mashed potatoes and something that might have been a vegetable at one point in recent history?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

People trying to convince others to try a stupid fad diet, instead of something that actually works, should just keep their comments to themselves.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Hrm I remember my military diet in basic being as much food as i could shovel in my mouth in 10 mins. After that they kicked us out of the mess hall.

Oh yea and I had to run my *kitten* off and constantly do push ups. hrm.