7000 Calories Burn Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Thursday- walking carrying 11kg load @150min - 838 kcal.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Friday- strenght training/gym @ 60min- 260 kcal. Walking carrying 11kg load @ 180min-347 kcal an hour.
    Saturday- waking @ 120min - 617 kcal.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Sunday- so after 3 hours of walking, at various speed, I managed to finish the week with 6930 kcal. Pretty close, so I'm pleased with myself :)
  • shapefitter
    Options
    FIFTH week. Monday/Tuesday- with the bank holiday and lovely weather, I've enjoyed gardening for 6-8 hours over a couple of days - 2464 kcal
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Wednesday- a couple of hours gardening. Thursday - three hours of walking carrying 11kg (strenght training)-3487 kcal so far.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Friday and Saturday- walked my little feet to bits carrying 11kg load (strenght training). - 7128 kcal in total for the week.
    Need to do something with less impact on the back tomorrow, for just 20min in aid of the accountability challenge group.
    A much deserved rest day for me :smile: (victory dance). :drinker:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    So you're going to exercise for 1.5-2 hours every day for week? That's not a smart plan.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Sunday- stationary bike for 30min - 307kcal. -7435kcal in total this week. I might as well, do another victory dance. Yay!
  • shapefitter
    Options
    So you're going to exercise for 1.5-2 hours every day for week? That's not a smart plan.

Thanks.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Friday- 120min @ 3mph, walking, carrying 4.5kg load- 1113 kcal.

First a thread from November 2010; second 2 hour walk at 3 MPH is 600 calories burned for most folk, but adding 10 pounds you were able to 'burn' an additional 513 calories. Congratulations! This is awesome.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options

It's actually quite do-able. I set this goal for myself a couple weeks ago and ended up doing just over 8000 calories in 6 days. Where I screwed up was only taking a day off and then trying for 10,000 in 7 days. I made it to about 3 days in and 5000 or so burned and my body let me know that was too much, too soon.

Currently resting up, but I WILL get that 10,000 goal very soon.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Friday- 120min @ 3mph, walking, carrying 4.5kg load- 1113 kcal.

First a thread from November 2010; second 2 hour walk at 3 MPH is 600 calories burned for most folk, but adding 10 pounds you were able to 'burn' an additional 513 calories. Congratulations! This is awesome.

Thank you. Much appreciated. By carrying a load whilst walking, I burn more kcal. I can carry up to 11kg at the moment, which is not an awfull lot, but it helps :)
  • shapefitter
    Options

It's actually quite do-able. I set this goal for myself a couple weeks ago and ended up doing just over 8000 calories in 6 days. Where I screwed up was only taking a day off and then trying for 10,000 in 7 days. I made it to about 3 days in and 5000 or so burned and my body let me know that was too much, too soon.

Currently resting up, but I WILL get that 10,000 goal very soon.

Let me know, when you do. If, it wasn't for my old age, and work commitments...
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Sixth week. Kick starting the week with stationary bike @ 30min- 306 kcal. Also note that my ticker is showing 2kg lost, since I started this challenge 6 weeks ago. Slow and steady, as I do not want to loose valuable muscles. At my age, they take twice as much time to develop, it seems.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    2000 calories in a round of golf! I've heard it all now! A first timer wouldn't even burn that many let alone somebody that plays regularly!
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Here's my plan. Hike tomorrow about 6 miles. If I have some energy left hit the gym. That should easily get me past 1000 calories. Thursday, 18 holes of golf. That will be over 2000. From then on probably just the gym.

18 holes of golf is 2000? I read that you burn 150 calories an hour playing golf. I count 600 calories for a four hour round.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Here's my plan. Hike tomorrow about 6 miles. If I have some energy left hit the gym. That should easily get me past 1000 calories. Thursday, 18 holes of golf. That will be over 2000. From then on probably just the gym.

18 holes of golf is 2000? I read that you burn 150 calories an hour playing golf. I count 600 calories for a four hour round.

I'm with you on that. Nobody burns 2000 calories playing golf! No wonder everyone is overweight if these are the kind of over-estimations people are going by! Jeeeez!
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    FIFTH week. Monday/Tuesday- with the bank holiday and lovely weather, I've enjoyed gardening for 6-8 hours over a couple of days - 2464 kcal

400 calories an hour for gardening? How are you getting your burn numbers?
  • cniemann26
    cniemann26 Posts: 49
    Options
    I may not make it to the 7000 mark the first week and may have to try a couple times, but I am up for a challenge!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck! 7,000 is a pretty aggressive goal but it's doable.

Remember that the more calories you burn the more calories you are going need to consume.