7000 Calories Burn Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck! 7,000 is a pretty aggressive goal but it's doable.

Remember that the more calories you burn the more calories you are going need to consume.

Thank you for your input. I eat every two-three hours, when I'm most active. A total of 70g-100g of protein a day, as instructed by my health and fitness trainer.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I may not make it to the 7000 mark the first week and may have to try a couple times, but I am up for a challenge!

There's no rush.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I may not make it to the 7000 mark the first week and may have to try a couple times, but I am up for a challenge!

There's no rush.
    Why don't you respond to the rest of us?
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Tuesday - a 180min leisurely walk @ 2mph. Can anyone guess how many kcal I did burn, given that I weigh 87.3kg and am 1.72cm tall female of medium build?
  • shapefitter
    Options
    It's Friday, and so far I've burned just 5041 kcal, this week. I've got some catching up to do :smooched:
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I complete week six with a total of 7687 kcal. :drinker:
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Week 7. Monday, 180min-slow walking, 2mph-654 kcal. 60min-Stationary bike-612 kcal.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Tuesday and Wednesday, more walking, outside in the lovely weather. Just over 4000 kcal burnt so far, this week.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for the past few months. I didn't know there was a group for it. Although I usually shoot for 1200 kcal a day, roughly 8000 a week. What can I say? I like beer AND not being fat
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I've been doing this for the past few months. I didn't know there was a group for it. Although I usually shoot for 1200 kcal a day, roughly 8000 a week. What can I say? I like beer AND not being fat

It's not actually a group, just an old thread. There's similar motivating groups, in the group section.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I helped a friend with moving on Saturday @ 611 kcal an hour for 4 hours. A total of 10034 kcal this week, which is a wooping 3000 kcal over my weekly target.
    I slept for 16 hours, last night lol so no energy for victory dance ha ha :drinker:
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    someone said 2000 Calories burned playing golf LOL
  • shapefitter
    Options
    someone said 2000 Calories burned playing golf LOL

I have never played golf, even though my friends play. There's a lot of factors, that need to be taken into consideration in golf i. e. how many hours, how many miles walked, the weight of the person etc etc.
    www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/calories-burned-golfing.php
  • newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in also. I want a challenge
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I'm in also. I want a challenge

Check out the Ultimate Accountability Challenge. You'll find it under groups. Good luck! :drinker:

www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21155-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2014

Note: The June challenge will begin shortly.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Well, I completed week seven with flying colours. Week eight, however is starting off a bit slow, with it being another bank holiday. The weather is dismal, so can't be asked to venture outdoors today. Have mainly just played about indoors with my new toy- the soft ball. Ok, so I'm a big kid at heart lol and the stationary bike. Only 306 kcal today which is pretty lazy, really.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    that's going to take a lot of extra time to burn off for a chick :S
  • getcroptopskinny
    getcroptopskinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!!! Are you doing mostly cardio? Tell me your plan and i'm in :smile:
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I'd love to join!!! Are you doing mostly cardio? Tell me your plan and i'm in :smile:

Don't have a plan except plenty of common sense, a high protein diet, good sensible footwear, and a backpack. So, you see it's not everyones cup of tea.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    that's going to take a lot of extra time to burn off for a chick :S

I'm 172cm and 87.3kg female of medium build. I burn more due to my weight and height. It's not rocket science :)