Is being fat a disability??

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    autobots_transform_and_roll_out-89247.gif
    +1

You could not have shown it any better LOL.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    bump for later...ran out of time reading this
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Rolling_bfd7a6_2830367.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    hA3C8D510
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Yea, bankruptcy won't exempt you. Woulda filed a long time ago :laugh:

QFT.

I just *had* to stay at the fancy school, even though my parents started making more money, and I was getting less and less financial aid. *sigh*

So pay the minimum until you die. You get to take the interest off your taxes anyway.

Not if you make enough to actually pay back the student loans

Best part of this is that my private loans do not take into account that I'm also paying on government loans, and vice versa. So in their eyes, I make enough money to cover their "minimum payment". Because obviously I don't have to pay for anything else. :)

I mean, I'd be vastly wealthy if I didn't have to eat food or want to live indoors with plumbing.

You college edukated folk are all so reech.

The best part is that it's getting so much better. Duke, for example, is a steal at $60k a year
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    putin-rolling-gif-gif
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Ok let me go a little different way....I think when you get disabilty...you can also get food stamps I THINK.....if that is the case...should the food you can get with that assistance be monitored?? I know with pregnant women who get WIC, they have to only get certain things and its all healthy such as they have to get natural cereals and nothing with sugar.....

Okay, you're just prying at that can of worms again, aren't you?

I am really not trying to....do I just need to shut the **** up???

Yes.

And this is why:

When a person gets SSDI (disability), they have to prove medically that they have a disability. They have provided medical records, been to medical or mental health professionals, sat in front of a judge, probably hired a lawyer, and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt they are disabled and cannot work. And yes, SSDI does open the door for several other programs, including SNAP, Vocational Rehabilitation HUD, etc. But people who receive SSDI have spent easily 2-3 years proving they are disabled. It is not an easy process in any way, shape, or form. So yes, you should STFU because obviously you have never worked within the system and have zero idea of what you are speaking.

Well, that puts my fears to rest, knowing that the system is foolproof, and no-one could ever possibly game the system to their advantage.

Any system can be gamed. Student Loans are gamed all the time. However, they are never really brought into question.

Can you enlighten me as to how this is done? For research purposes only lolol

You've never known anybody who "went to school" for the six years they spent drunk?

Oh. I don't care about that. I thought it was being stated that there was a way you could get out of paying them back.

Nevermind. LOL. Carry on.

Bankruptcy.

Nope Bankruptcy is not going to work. One still has to pay student loan. There is NO FORGIVENESS whatsoever when it comes to student loans.

That's not true. I work for the state. There IS a loan forgiveness program. If you work with the state for a certain amount of years and pay on them for a certain amount of time, they'll wipe them for you.

There are ways around them. But it's not easy. There are a lot of hoops one has to jump through, but it can be done.

PSELF is for any government agency and not just state. Also, it was established with consideration of the salary gap between public sector and private sector job. With the state, I make 24k. In the private sector, I would be making around 40k.

Indeed you are right, it IS government. It's not perfect, but it's something. I guess. lol
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    tumblr_mx3bqcTlYi1sq5rugo1_400.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    2.2-Cash-Roll.gif
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    dbgme0.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    1b8ae3cddbdc36fcbba364aadf35b47a.jpg
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAasK-4Yhs2seQ227jFE23zOHIde0f0TZF-7uj03GdzgZGuzBg
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

QFT.

I just *had* to stay at the fancy school, even though my parents started making more money, and I was getting less and less financial aid. *sigh*

So pay the minimum until you die. You get to take the interest off your taxes anyway.

There was an original joke about finding a way to not pay them back.

I believe that the original point was one of gaming the system.

Yes and then I chimed in and asked if there was a way a person could get around paying them back.
    Then someone commented in filing bankruptcy.
    Someone else said no, they are not exempt from bankruptcy.
    You said that is overstated.
    Then that person again said "pay the minimum until you die"
    Then you said: Not unless you make enough to pay them back.

It was one big circle.

Except that no example of gaming the system was provided. I fail to see the circularity

ETA: thread roll!!!! Yay!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Do_a_barrel_roll.gif
  • sassyjae21
    Options

QFT.

Yes and then I chimed in and asked if there was a way a person could get around paying them back.

It was one big circle.

Except that no example of gaming the system was provided. I fail to see the circularity

Rigggggght because I misunderstood what she was saying. She was talking about wasting the money. I was joking about trying to figure out how to not pay them back.

Still waiting for an answer to that too lol
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

QFT.

It was one big circle.

Rigggggght because I misunderstood what she was saying. She was talking about wasting the money. I was joking about trying to figure out how to not pay them back.

Wait! But we can roll in circles! Did I mention that I rolled the thread? *cough cough*
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    PSELF is for any government agency and not just state. Also, it was established with consideration of the salary gap between public sector and private sector job. With the state, I make 24k. In the private sector, I would be making around 40k.

Except for the little fact that the gap between public and private salary is very much in favor of the public sector. Similar jobs pay significantly better in the public sector, on average. Loan forgiveness (non military) is a scam.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    25jb8lw.gif
  • sassyjae21
    Options

QFT.

It was one big circle.

Wait! But we can roll in circles! Did I mention that I rolled the thread? *cough cough*

teehee yep. I noticed :bigsmile: