So what's your take on the shake?

Options
124»

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I shake it.

Got some jiggle in my wiggle so to speak.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: So what's your take on the shake?

Your a poet and didnt know it
    But dont take the shake for pete's sake

This could make for a fun break.

They'll never slake your thirst; just a belly ache till you burst.
    Their marketers should be burned at the stake.
    Flakey, fake snake oil

Hell I'd rather drink hake pureed with a rake;
    Better still, a steak, clam bake or chocolate cake!

For Heaven's sake
    You'll get fat from chocolate cake
    Haven't you heard the scaremongers scream at the highest level
    Refined sugar comes straight from the Devil
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Just break up...

Oh, not the right thread? Okay...

9/10 Would bang

(hmm not that one either).... Oh!

No, cleanses are bad. Eat more.

Hmmm not quite right....

DING DING DING!

Shakeology is just expensive crap. You could do better with some higher quality protein powder. Try ON or Cellucor. That being said, you don't even need shakes or powders. Beachbody and its affiliates are just massive money making scams to trick desperate people into getting their products. Plus, no joke that stuff tastes terrible.
    I am just curious.. but .. why are people getting treated like this when they ask a simple question? I thought the point of the forums were to get help and advice. I understand some of you do not like BB.. but why be so harsh? Why not just ignore them and let them learn the hard way? Everyone has a right to choose how they want to want to loose weight.. but why should they be subjected to being made fun of and being attacked? Isn't that also against TOS?

Now, it's a mean people thread.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Just break up...

Oh, not the right thread? Okay...

9/10 Would bang

(hmm not that one either).... Oh!

No, cleanses are bad. Eat more.

Hmmm not quite right....

DING DING DING!

Shakeology is just expensive crap. You could do better with some higher quality protein powder. Try ON or Cellucor. That being said, you don't even need shakes or powders. Beachbody and its affiliates are just massive money making scams to trick desperate people into getting their products. Plus, no joke that stuff tastes terrible.
    I am just curious.. but .. why are people getting treated like this when they ask a simple question? I thought the point of the forums were to get help and advice. I understand some of you do not like BB.. but why be so harsh? Why not just ignore them and let them learn the hard way? Everyone has a right to choose how they want to want to loose weight.. but why should they be subjected to being made fun of and being attacked? Isn't that also against TOS?

Now, it's a mean people thread.

That seems to be where all the Shakeology threads are headed today.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Now let me stop you right here. I highly believe that if you can, you should help others learn from your mistakes. I have tried almost everything and I was frustrated at how much money I had to spend every month on supplements or shake (whether they helped or not). In the end just learning to control portions of food I liked and bought every week when grocery shopping actually SAVED me money. Instead of a package of chicken being 6 servings it was 10 when I cut the chicken up into appropriate portion sizes. I don't understand why you would yell at people for trying to help someone save money while losing weight.

Also, nobody attacked the OP. We attacked the shake and the company that sells it. We also pointed out the person trying to sell it who violated the TOS.
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOW really sorry I asked! For the record I don't care how many times people would ask a question that has already been answered- that is what the boards are for! Seriously thank you to those that gave a response without being smart @sses about it.

Also for the record - no one was mean to me here
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: So what's your take on the shake?

Your a poet and didnt know it
    But dont take the shake for pete's sake

This could make for a fun break.

They'll never slake your thirst; just a belly ache till you burst.
    Their marketers should be burned at the stake.
    Flakey, fake snake oil

Hell I'd rather drink hake pureed with a rake;
    Better still, a steak, clam bake or chocolate cake!

Hahah nice! I dont have much else.. :sad:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    WOW really sorry I asked! For the record I don't care how many times people would ask a question that has already been answered- that is what the boards are for! Seriously thank you to those that gave a response without being smart @sses about it.

Also for the record - no one was mean to me here

I like you.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I think Shakeology works for some. I honestly just can't afford it (though when I was a coach I was told to tell people "you can't afford to not drink it" wih comparisons to how much a Mcdonalds meal costs, or a whopper meal, etc...only thing is...the people who I was "coaching" were like me..stay at home moms who weren't going out to eat daily...therefore, it was definitely an expensive shake :P ) I think it's claims are a little far reached. If you eat a more alkaline diet you can "ward off cancer" too. I think you just have to do what is right for you. I will say though..when I was a coach, I became one so my hubby could become an emerald coach..lol...I liked helping people but I never pushed shakeology or even BB workouts...I was in good shape at the time (from eating right and exercise..did it all BEFORE starting on Shakeology) but felt like anyone can become a coach. The only training we got was how to push Shakeology on people. Some coaches are coaches to get their shakeology cheaper. when it was $120 a month, coaches got it for $90, and made $30 on each customer's bag bought..so basically with 3 customers monthly we were getting a bag of shakeology for free..lol... There is aot of hate for BB coaches on here, but if Shaekology works for people and they can afford it, why not? I just think it's gross and not worth the money it costs.

From someone who actually was a "coach." If this isn't all the evidence needed to prove just how Beachbody works I don't know what else it takes. It's a marketing scam. Plain and simple.

She's been shunned by Beachbody.

amish-sam-mullet-srjpg-899de0384c606f11.jpg
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Huge waste of money.

ahm-keepin-my-money.jpg?w=825
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Drink it every day and it's made a huge difference in my health and weight loss. My husband and daughter also drink it daily. Many of my friends and family also drink it with great results. It's not just a protein shake but a healthy meal replacement that doesn't have chemicals like so many others have.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Drink it every day and it's made a huge difference in my health and weight loss. My husband and daughter also drink it daily. Many of my friends and family also drink it with great results. It's not just a protein shake but a healthy meal replacement that doesn't have chemicals like so many others have.

This just shows your lack of knowledge. It's filled with chemicals.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Drink it every day and it's made a huge difference in my health

No it hasn't.
    Many of my friends and family also drink it with great results.

Code for "I took advantage of my friends' and family's trust and told them that they should by this product. They totally did it." Shame.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like to take almond milk, then add some cookies and creme ice cream, blend it up with some oreos, then top it with whipped cream and a cherry.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

032404db-502d-454b-a7e2-dfa7536114b5-460x276.png

we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg

So tell me. What kind of magic does Shakeology contain for it to avoid having any chemicals?