15 things a Big Girl looks forward to....Awwww yea

Options

Replies

• sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    ...Buying a bra that fits at Victoria Secret, there is no secret they only go to a 36 D in the store!

Hilarious list... well done!

Victoria was on mine too...but in my world I want to return it 'cuz it's too big! LOL

- I'm looking forward to putting clothes on my Christmas list, instead of "Gift card from LB".
    - thigh highs ... 'nuff said
    - not having to make sure no one is looking when I pull those damn panties up again... for the 400th time!
    - pictures where I don't think I look like a hippo.
    -chasing my 4 year old son when he wants to play tag and not just weaving and jiving out of his reach. LOL
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OMG I love your list! I look forward to those.

I also look forward to walking down the hall with pantyhose on and not thinking someone's following me. "swish, swish stop *crickets...start swish, swish...SHOW yourself! Oh wait, that's my thighs.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Excellent list!
    How about:

Going through turnstiles at the subway station or at a park straight-on instead of sideways!
  • Vonnie2006
    Options
    Oh and I look forward to only having ONE rack. Right now I have two in the front and one on each side.

I'm looking forward to purchasing bras that don't look like a mad scientist experiment.
  • Vonnie2006
    Options
    I look forward to getting into that damn $90 bathing suit I bought ohhhh three years ago, that still has tags on it because IN it I look like a Mt. St. Helen's erupting.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! You made me realize that it has been so long since I could wrap a bath towel around myself, that it hasn't even occurred to me to check and see if I can do it now! Think I'll check it out tonight!
  • Timkerbelle
    Options
    I love this! So many things make me smile in recognition :)

- I look forward to wearing all those small clothes and shoes lurking in the depths of my closet. I don't care that they aren't stylish any more, I will wear them damnit!
    -I second wanting to wear knee high boots. I have the calves of a rugby player, no joke.
    -I want to be able to jump up and hug my boyfriend without fear that he will get hurt (and he is not a small man!)
    -I want to buy clothes that are fab and expensive, rather than cheap nasty things that "I will probably shrink out of anyway".
    -I want to not worry about people judging me as boring and stupid just because I'm fat
    -I want to be able to match up the face I see in the mirror with the one I see in my head
    -I look forward to freeing up all this brain space used for worrying and thinking about weight for something more productive.
    -I want to wear nice (like proper nice!) underwear and not hide when the bf looks
    -I want to be able to talk about my body and size without pre-emptying any comments by belittling myself - *nod* *laugh* "well -I'm not the smallest girl am I"
    -And finally of course - the panty thing!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    OMG I love your list! I look forward to those.

I also look forward to walking down the hall with pantyhose on and not thinking someone's following me. "swish, swish stop *crickets...start swish, swish...SHOW yourself! Oh wait, that's my thighs.

LOL! i'm dying @ this one!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this year I can walk through the mall during December without little kids telling me they've been good and what they want for Christmas.
    :tongue: You're too cute:laugh:
  • numberscolors
    Options
    i look forward to my the day my boyfriend stops calling me "big girl" and "squishy". he means it completely affectionately. but jesus christ. i hate it! lol
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    Everything and I mean everythign is sooooooo true!! And hilarious!!!!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    -I looking forward to my shirts/blouses fitting right. Now if I can button the bottom button the shoulder seam is halfway down to my elbow.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this year I can walk through the mall during December without little kids telling me they've been good and what they want for Christmas.

too funny
  • blel0906
    Options
    LOVED this..LOL I can relate to most if not all of your list..

1. I'm looking forward to buying clothes that don't resemble maternity clothing
    2. I'm looking forward to being able to buy a belt in the ladies department...i bought one belt in the last 3 years, I had to buy it in the mens department
  • MommyGrace
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!! I actually related to all of these!

It feels so good when you pass one of these milestones!

My big thing for years was not keeping my shoes tied and just slipping them on and off. I didn't realize I did that because it was too difficult for me to bend over to re-tie them. NOw I actually like to untie and retie my shoes, just because the fat rolls are small enough now, they don't get in my way! LOL

I look forward to a Bikini! PERIOD! It has been 20 years since I wore one in public. I can't wait for the day that I can do that again! (I guess I could do that now... but I would scare the HELL out of everyone!) hehehe
  • katerinab
    Options
    1) I look forward to being able to buy bras in a store (except my boobs don't diet down in size, so I will have to have surgery, but that's my "darn near goal weight" treat to myself. I also look forward to being able to sleep without a bra and NOT getting armpit warmers from them.

2) I look forward to having to buy new jeans because I've lost weight, not because my thunder thighs have worn holes in the legs.

3) I look forward to being able to sit in an older movie theater, an airplane, a concert, etc, without wedging my butt in and/or sharing my butt sweat with others.

4) I look forward, to paraphrase Weird Al Yankovic, to NOT having "more chins than Chinatown"

5) I look forward to eating a treat and not wondering where on my butt it will show up.

And I can relate to just about every single one of the points in the original post.
  • katerinab
    Options

I'm looking forward to the day I can go lingerie shopping and not have to get minimisers :flowerforyou:

I would love to be able to BUY a minimizer LOL

I was searching for minimizer bras one day and noticed they had them in 36B. Really? Is there that much to minimize?? I want the minimizers in mid-alphabet sizes!
  • katerinab
    Options
    can't wait for....
    looking classy with my legs crossed at the knee (comfortably is the key word)!
    not being the sassy, funny fat friend. (i'll still be sassy and funny!)
    burning my spanx (they are the devil!!!!!!!!!!)

I am SO with you. SPANX SUCK. They work, but they SUCK.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I look forward to buying a swimsuit that is cute not because it has tummy control and will make you appear "10lbs slimmer"
    I look forward to buying designer jeans and not old navy jeans
    I look forward to being able to run a 5k in under 30 mins
    I look forward to being able to wear shorts again
    I look forward to being able to wear a strapless bra
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Also, the end of that awful smacking sound my belly makes when I do jumping jacks. :ohwell:

LMAO - I can sooo relate to that one!