Replies

• ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas!! Thanks everyone
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I was just asking about this the other day. I have cans and cans of tuna and have no idea what to do with them. Those tuna patties sound yummy.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    1 can of tuna, 2 tbspns Low fat mayo, 2 tbspns fresh jalapeño salsa (the kind in the produce section). Mix all together and serve on favorite bread or cracker. I like it on triscuits:)
  • Hixie15
    Options
    bump! thanks for the tips!
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yes! what yo will need: tuna, whole wheat pasta, chicken alfredo sauce. okay so you got the picture., its like chicken alfredo but tuna alfredo. so boil noodles and ump the rest in. YUMMY!
  • Paradis
    Options
    That sounds yummy.
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    don't know if anyone else suggested this.....but I like to put 2 oz on my salad....straight from the can.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I just made something on a whim and it was awesome

can of tuna, drained but a little of the liquid left in or a few drops of water added
    1 tbls Kraft Miracle Whip light
    Sweet banana peppers, lightly chopped
    generous sprinkle Arizona Dreaming seasoning by Penzey's Spice
    Pepper to taste

Mix above well and set aside.

On one Flat Bread Light Italian slice, put a generous handful (as much as you want) spring mix lettuce. Sprinkle with 1 tbls crumbled feta cheese.

Top with tuna mixture. Roll up and enjoy! Something about the combo of the tuna and the zingy sweet banana peppers is really hitting the spot for me lately!
  • bluteddi
    bluteddi Posts: 2
    Options
    I take a can of tuna, add a few tables spoons of low fat cream cheese , chopped green onions, a clove of dived garlic, & mix. Either.... serve with whole wheat pita chips or ( my fav) whole wheat "cresent" rolls ( in the can) put a dolup of tuna /cheese mixturein the center of one triangle and fold over , seal edges by pinching and sprinkle with Mrs Dash ( or herb mixture of choice)
    Bake....... serve hot....
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I take a can of tuna, add a few tables spoons of low fat cream cheese , chopped green onions, a clove of dived garlic, & mix. Either.... serve with whole wheat pita chips or ( my fav) whole wheat "cresent" rolls ( in the can) put a dolup of tuna /cheese mixturein the center of one triangle and fold over , seal edges by pinching and sprinkle with Mrs Dash ( or herb mixture of choice)
    Bake....... serve hot....

OMG...this sounds amazing...I need to go to the store...right now!!
  • Patty28
    Patty28 Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks, i needed some ideas too
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    eatingwell.com, has a delicious pasta and tuna recipe. It calls for grilled tuna, but I use canned. Is very filling! Hope the link will work.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/tuna_olive_artichoke_pasta.html

If, it won't work, just copy it and post in your address bar. I made this the other night with major reservations if my hubby and kid, or even myself would like it, but we all loved it. which is a big deal for my husband to eat something like this.
  • Idahoheartmom
    Options
    bump
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump-- great ideas to try later!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I use tuna to stuff a tomatoe..mix 1/2 can with a little low fat mayo (I sometimes add red wine vinegar), onion and dill weed (taste like pickle relish) and if you need the extra you can add a boiled egg then stuff the tomatoe with it or serve over a bed of lettuce YUMMY

It is also really good as a main dish (prepaired the same way but add bell peppers) mixed with whole wheat Rotini noodles and topped with 2% cheese and only cooking involved is the noodles. It's like a tuna helper..

If you like capers they are also good mixed into the above..
  • rachelannstafford
    Options
    I could eat this several days in a row:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/tuscan_style_tuna_salad.html

* 2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained (see Note)
    * 1 15-ounce can small white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, rinsed (see Ingredient note)
    * 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
    * 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
    * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Add some spicy red pepper hummus and a high fiber wrap...it is awesome!!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • luvnikkibabe
    Options
    Super easy trick...mix in the tuna with pic de gallo instead of mayo. It tastes fresh and yummy and you have almost 0 prep work to do! Slap that on some WW bread and you are good to go!
  • ameaston22
    Options
    Tuna melts are a favorite of mine. To give your tuna more flavor, mix in just enough mayo to get the tuna wet then add whatever spices you like - my favorites are garlic, paprika, and curry. I lightly brush two slices of bread with olive oil and put my favorite cheese on. Then I toast in the oven for about five minutes at 350, add on the tuna and you have a delicious low-cal dinner.

Also, replace chicken with tuna in your favorite pasta dishes.