Replies

• beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love tuna, but I never know what to do with it
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    I add some sweet chili sauce to my tuna with cheese and crackers and a nice BIG salad...so good!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Buy the white albacore instead of regular. It only costs a few cents (5-10 in my store) more, but it has much better flavor.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    great thread! lots of good ideas! I usually just do a tuna melt...next time I think I'm gonna try it with laughing cow cheese.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    m sure are gonna think this is gross because i did at first but what i do is take a serving of ragu chunky veggie pasta sauce mix in the tuna and warm in the microwave then i use it as a dip for some whole wheat cracker or bread
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    On the hungry girl episode today, on the cooking channel, she mixed it with a tablespoon of salsa and served it on one of the large, plain, rice cakes. I thought that looked fabulous and will be trying it this week especially since I just recently found Newmans Own salsa that is like 30 calories for 2 tablespoons and 65mg sodium.
  • lbrossano
    lbrossano Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I mix tuna with finely chopped red pepper, green onions and fresh dill, then just enough mayonnaise to bind it. It winds up being about half vegetable.
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    It's really good on top of raw spinach with garbanzo beans and some feta ~ yum!

Yum! I add mine to my spinach salads as well!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • woofie6
    woofie6 Posts: 2
    Options
    This looiks really good, even for a luncheon gathering of friends! Thanks.
  • afloyd432
    afloyd432 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for the recipes! :smile:
  • lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    bump
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Didn't go through all other suggestions, but I add one of the Green Giant Steamers (with cheese sauce) to a can of tuna, after I have heated the steamers per directions. Mix it up - can do the same with chicken!
  • mangojelly
    mangojelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad someone asked what "bump" was! This is my first post and first bump. :happy:
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bumping for later -- lots of great ideas!
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I know you said other then with mayo.. But I like to put my in those corn or wheat tortilla shells.( I put my in the oven for like 2 mins) lettuce, diced tomato and anything else you might want. I also drizzle a little fat free ranch dressing on there. Taste great!
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    bump!
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    bump