Women: How much does a guy's height really matter?

Options

Replies

• boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I tend to be attracted to tall guys. I have always dated guys that are 6ft or taller. My husband is 6ft 5in....so yeah, I like them tall.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    it used to bother me that i am short (5'6") - but then i got to the point that if my height is an obstacle that a woman can't get over, then that's not my issue. it's her preference to choose whomever she wants to be with regardless of whether it makes sense to me or not.
  • day1appraisal
    day1appraisal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm long term married, not looking and the shortest one in the family at a current 5'8.5" tall. I've shrunk from my 20 year old measurement of not quite 5'11" in my bare feet. Basically, I've dated and married shorter guys than me. Doesn't bother me at all as long as they keep their nose out of my cleavage. That's just rude and crude.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    I'm 4'9" - every guy I've met have been taller than me. LOL so height doesn't matter.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    here's the thing. I like a man who I can feel safe with. Now, a man my height and frame, maybe, but i feel safer with men who are taller than me just because of that protectiveness they can provide with you tucking your head under their chin and their arms wrapping around you. Got to be taller.

This :smile:
    this exactly

What exactly am I going to be doing that I'll need to be physically "protected" by my mate? How do I know that just because he is tall that he has any skill what so ever at hand-to-hand combat?

it's not about being actually protected. It's just a comforting feeling to feel like they can wrap their arms around you and you can be completely encompassed by them.

That's what it is for me anyways.

Because let's be honest, if the worst happened and we needed to fight someone, I'm not going to just back off and let my bf take care of it, I'll be right in there with him.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    here's the thing. I like a man who I can feel safe with. Now, a man my height and frame, maybe, but i feel safer with men who are taller than me just because of that protectiveness they can provide with you tucking your head under their chin and their arms wrapping around you. Got to be taller.

this exactly

What exactly am I going to be doing that I'll need to be physically "protected" by my mate? How do I know that just because he is tall that he has any skill what so ever at hand-to-hand combat?
    Or skill at armed combat. . . or the notion that one gender needs to physically protect the other, while both are simultaneously to be treated as equals and merely intimating that she would be LESS able to protect herself than he is sexist (or was the last time I took a class on the topic)?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I mentioned that I like dancers and just want to add that in my experience... martial artists and dancers...same thing (for the most part).
  • Unruly_Girl
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have dated anywhere from 5'4" to 6'4". It really isn't all that important. If I want to reach a high shelf, I grab a stepladder. If I want to feel "safe", I grab my Smith & Wesson. ;)

Seriously I don't want to be coddled and protected like a child by a man, nor need someone to tower over me. I want a partner in life who is funny and kind and who has integrity and good judgment. Someone who makes me feel safe in the sense that HE is a safe person to open up to and share things with. Looks have nothing to do with that.

Docbanana2002, you are the voice of wisdom.

Completely agree as well.
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    wanna be able to wear heels and drive him crazy....ahahah
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    wanna be able to wear heels and drive him crazy....ahahah

:noway:

The girl I primarily date now does this to me... she is an inch shorter than me - so the heels force me to look up.

... does drive me crazy. :embarassed:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I must be shallow.

A guy's height is TOTALLY a deal breaker for me.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I must be shallow.

A guy's height is TOTALLY a deal breaker for me.

Agreed!! As a tall girl myself, being 5'11, a tall guy is a MUST for me.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    to me, I think so long as they are taller than me, I'm happy. at 5'3" it's not hard to find men taller than me but I do prefer the tall men in general. most men I've dated including the current man have been over 6 ft. it's a protective thing i think.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

this exactly

Or skill at armed combat. . . or the notion that one gender needs to physically protect the other, while both are simultaneously to be treated as equals and merely intimating that she would be LESS able to protect herself than he is sexist (or was the last time I took a class on the topic)?

In general I do think that the average woman would be less able to protect themselves physically than the average man, and it's not necessary "sexist" to recognize. Men, on average are stronger and probably more aggressive than women. But yeah, in today's society physical protection is very rarely needed (if someone is going to assault us on the street that person would most likely have a weapon), and again height isn't a big factor in ability anyway (my 5'9" husband would probably do just fine).
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

this exactly
    This is why I'm always packing.
    You never know- better safe than sorry. Mostly I worry about bears and bob cats. His size might scare them away better than mine but if it decides to attack he's as useless as me. That's why its just better to protect yourself.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Height is highly heritable and also correlates significantly with income so ideally my mate would be at least average height for a male because then my children will not be disadvantaged in their careers by shorty genes.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

this exactly

Just chiming in here on this conversation. I don't think it's sexist.

If a man or a woman enjoys a feeling in their intimate life, it's not sexist, it's sexual preference.

I lift weights and I am well trained in self defense. But, I am still significantly smaller than most men. I lift heavy weights and work on increasing strength. My husband doesn't lift weights. He is still stronger than me. But, I am better at sneaky ninja moves. He can lift me and toss me around. I can't lift or toss him.
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A guys height is a pretty important factor for me, I prefer they be taller than myself :)
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'8" and I am open to dating guys taller than me and also guys a few inches shorter than me. :-)
  • CamilleJackie350
    Options
    if you're not at least 6'5 you shouldn't reproduce

#yesallwomen