50 pounds by June 1st challenge part 2

Options

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Im so upset. I went to the doctors for a full physical today and when I got on the scale it said 271 pounds. I said his scale was wrong and told him my weight on mine says 257.5. He told me my scale was wrong and to by a new one. This means my scale is off by 13.5 pounds. I can hardly believe it. He also said because diabetes and obesity runs in my family that I am asking for an early grave if I dont get my act together and start taking care of myself. :noway: :noway: :explode: :sad: :mad:
    At home do you weigh dressed? I have a big difference from my doctor and home also. But at home I weigh just as I undress for the shower. Nothing but me. At the doctors it is shoes and all.
    As far as doing something about taking care of your health. You have made a wonderful start. Just keep on doing what you are doing. Next time he will see a big difference.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options

It may have been stress or the fact that I ran all over my house to get kid out and call fire department. All I can say is make sure you clean out the whole dryer and clean the vent through the wall. Not sure what caused my dryer to catch fire but the clothes inside were on fire cause it got so hot. Lucky I was home to catch it cause it didnt do any damage to the house.

YIKES!!!!!!!!! So glad you were there and all is ok... I hope all the clothes in the dryer were things that were getting too big on you anyways ;)........ Looks like you have plenty to be thankful for this year, huh?! :)
  • raindancer
    Options
    Found out Mondays are not a good day to weigh-in. Yesterday I went from 194 to 194.9 then this morning dropped to 193.8. No more weighing in on Mondays.

It may have been stress or the fact that I ran all over my house to get kid out and call fire department. All I can say is make sure you clean out the whole dryer and clean the vent through the wall. Not sure what caused my dryer to catch fire but the clothes inside were on fire cause it got so hot. Lucky I was home to catch it cause it didnt do any damage to the house.
    WOW! glad you had everything under control. My wieght changes that much everyday. I think it is how much food and water we have taken in and how much we haven't released yet. It is normal.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    Im so upset. I went to the doctors for a full physical today and when I got on the scale it said 271 pounds. I said his scale was wrong and told him my weight on mine says 257.5. He told me my scale was wrong and to by a new one. This means my scale is off by 13.5 pounds. I can hardly believe it. He also said because diabetes and obesity runs in my family that I am asking for an early grave if I dont get my act together and start taking care of myself. :noway: :noway: :explode: :sad: :mad:

Is this the SAME doctor as before grrrrrrrr i wanna smack that guy ;) But, so you know, i have seen huge variations in scales depending on clothing, time of day, etc. If you ALWAYS use the one at your house and you weigh naked, first thing in the morning after peeing, you will be at your most consistent weight. The important thing to know is if the numbers are moving in the right direction on YOUR scale. Same time, same "outfit" (birthday suit ;) and same amount of fluids/food in body (more or less). Keep tracking on your scale and in a few weeks you will know if you need to replace it (wildly inconsistent readings) or if it works ok for you. Mine only does 0.5 pound increments. I have thought of replacing it because of that reason alone, but then i think i must be getting too crazy about things if a tenth of a pound makes me want a new scale LOL

Keep up the good work, you are really on the right path. Things don't happen completely overnight and this dr is just on your case because he cant see that you are already committed. So he thinks he needs to be a pain in the a ...................... ;P
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Quite a few yellow, so people need to get back to me still...

Nov22.jpg

320 pounds lost by us so far!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    Down 3 lbs to 197:happy:

welcome to Onederland!!!!!!!! :)
  • raindancer
    Options
    Down 3 lbs to 197:happy:

welcome to Onederland!!!!!!!! :)

HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU TWO:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • raindancer
    Options
    OMG! 320lbs in 3 weeks. That is freaking amazing.:love:
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    To those of you who weigh in on different days I am sorry if I am bugging you... I am making notes for myself so I don't keep bothering people. This is a work in progress and I promise to try to do better and be more organized.
  • raindancer
    Options
    To those of you who weigh in on different days I am sorry if I am bugging you... I am making notes for myself so I don't keep bothering people. This is a work in progress and I promise to try to do better and be more organized.

We are so grateful for what you are doing. You are the best!!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Oh I REALLY want to join this! It's so close to my target! I'll adjust it to fit! To introduce myself I am Pj from Glasgow and have just joined this site! I'm in 1200 cals and doing the 30 day shred! Hoping to make a decent start to motivate me throughh the Christmas period! Let's go !!!

Welcome to the group! You will like it here! :happy:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options

There's no need to apologize ... you totally rock man!!! We so appreciate you doing this for us. You're the best!!
    840275bkb2qbejdr.gif
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Thank you SO much for the awesome chart! :drinker:
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    Its not an official weigh-in, but couldn't resist telling everyone that my scale FINALLY moved after nearly 3 weeks of being parked at 187.5 - 188.5! ..... Down to 184.5 today!! I even checked twice just to make sure my eyes weren't tricking me LOL!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on their amazing weigh ins this week! I'm super happy for each of you!

WE CAN DO THIS!! :0)
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    To all of my MFP friend who live south of the border ... I wish you all the best.

happy-thanksgiving-turkey-animation1.gif
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!! I hope all have a great day!
  • raindancer
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

HAVE A HAPPY-FUNFILLED THANKSGIVING!!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US...

whilst you enjoy that turkey spare a moment to remember us non-Americans bored at work LOL
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the US...

whilst you enjoy that turkey spare a moment to remember us non-Americans bored at work LOL

I am an American, but I too am bored at work. Healthcare never sleeps.... not even for turkey day. :tongue:
    Thankfully, I just have a computer job, no hands on patient care for me today. Sooo, I get to come on here, and read the very slow moving message boards.

Happy Thanksgiving All!