50 pounds by June 1st challenge part 2

Options
Hello everybody. This is part 2 of the challenge. The old one locks after 500 post. I hope everybody is doing well.

Replies

• AmandaR910
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

What are you goals for this week?

What has been going well?

What have you been struggling with?

I've been doing pretty well, though this week I was sick and that got in the way. Netted a small loss though (calories are on maintain, pregnancy) and definitely got some good work outs in on my not sick days.
    I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. :) And Christmas because my baby will be here and my husband will be home shortly after.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good morning everyone. This week has been going well so far. Was able to make healthy eating choices and stick to my exercise plans. If life would stay calm like this all the time I might not have such a challenge with my weight loss goals :laugh:
  • Harris_C
    Harris_C Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new, but would love to join! I started with MFP last Monday and currently have just about 50 pounds left to lose :)
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome Charris! Looks like we may have similar goals. I would like to be down to 135 by August. My hubby does not want me to lose that much weight but I think if he seen me at that weight he would like it. Maybe we can keep each other motivated!
  • nickiejohnson
    Options
    Unfortunately the start of the challenge for me went terrible, we had a death in the family and had to travel to WI for the funeral. A whole week of eating out and airline food...blah!!! Luckily I only gained 1 pound! Starting again with a work out routine and ready to start sweating to lose these 50lbs!!! :D
    Good luck to everyone and remember what I had to remind myself; its ok to fall, you just have to get right back up again!!! :D
  • trent_sluiter
    Options
    The last week has been stagnant with no ups or downs but I was off MFP for a while so I hope to get back on track this week!
  • eamartin
    Options
    Nickie: Sorry to hear about the death. I can relate. I lost 2 uncles this past month. I actually live in Wisconsin, its not unusual to go to family gatherings and eat eat eat..Im just hoping I can stay strong through Thanksgiving & Christmas!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! I was having a bummer of a week so far. Monday was awesome with the 4lbs lost in a week, but then i jumped on the scale and i had gained the next day, and then the next. I was getting so frustrated because I have been staying in my calorie goals and exercising too! Finally I decided to PUT THE SCALE AWAY! I made the commitment to only weigh myself on "Weigh Day" and not everyday! It doesn't help my motivation like i thought it would.

I have noticed that my clothes are fitting much better. I'm comfortable in them and not always adjusting (which is a pain). I'm also feeling a bit more self esteem. Which is HUGE! my husband mentioned it too!

I feel like I'm part of a Weight Loss Team here and that is going to push and pull me to the end of this weight loss journey and continue to help me maintain! I feel so fortunate to be able to know each of you and be encouraged and give encouragement!

So proud of all of us! Let's keep it up!!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I found Ya'll!!:bigsmile:
  • eamartin
    Options
    Alison: I have also made the rule of only weighing myself once a week. I found I was constantly on the scale and I would become discouraged easily! You're goals do not seem too far out of reach and I think with support from everyone on here we can all reach our goals!
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well this week has been okay. Monday I didn't complete my workout because well I just couldn't get into it and ended up going over my calorie limit. Yesterday I did a good workout but I realized I barely ate anything and I dont think I drank any water so thats bad and well today isn't off to a good start, my youngest has been running a fever since yesterday so needless to say we had a rough night. I will workout but not until tonight after my kiddos go to bed.
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well here is the end of the Nov 15 weigh ins (yellow had not got back to me)

losingsheet.jpg

Keep it up everyone
  • raindancer
    Options
    Good Morning!! I was having a bummer of a week so far. Monday was awesome with the 4lbs lost in a week, but then i jumped on the scale and i had gained the next day, and then the next. I was getting so frustrated because I have been staying in my calorie goals and exercising too! Finally I decided to PUT THE SCALE AWAY! I made the commitment to only weigh myself on "Weigh Day" and not everyday! It doesn't help my motivation like i thought it would.

I have noticed that my clothes are fitting much better. I'm comfortable in them and not always adjusting (which is a pain). I'm also feeling a bit more self esteem. Which is HUGE! my husband mentioned it too!

I feel like I'm part of a Weight Loss Team here and that is going to push and pull me to the end of this weight loss journey and continue to help me maintain! I feel so fortunate to be able to know each of you and be encouraged and give encouragement!

So proud of all of us! Let's keep it up!!

:bigsmile: Good job!! Wait till Monday and show that scale who is in charge.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Good morning all - I would like to join in on your challenge! I've been here at MFP since May & have lost 43 lbs so far. I only have 47 lbs to go to reach my goal. But if I can hit 50 that would be icing! Its going to be quite a challenge for me since I'll be so close to goal weight, but that is what a challenge is for, right? :bigsmile:

My original goal date is 10/21/11 for my 40th birthday, but if I can reach it by June 1st....OH HOW AWESOME WILL THAT BE???:bigsmile:

My starting weight for this challenge: 206 lbs

Goal for June 1st: 156 lbs
  • marianpp
    marianpp Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i can wait to see my results in june. :)
  • raindancer
    Options
    i can wait to see my results in june. :)
    It will be awesome!! I feel really motivated this time. With this much support we can't fail.
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new comers on this challenge (were gonna look so fab by June 1st!) :laugh:

Ive not been doing to bad so far, been keeping just under/break even my 1200 cals per day and been on the treadmill everynight for approx 10-30 mins. Ive also been really good not to weigh myself everyday - im going to keep the scales away till monday :wink: . Tryng not to get disheartened if i have no lbs lost (been TOM) so not expecting much but im keeping my fingers crossed.

All the best to everyone! x
  • MandyGirly
    Options
    So... I can only weigh-in at my parents' house because I cannot have a scale in my own house (sanity reasons). The batteries died in their scale about a month ago... so I haven't been able to weigh myself. I have no idea how I'm doing. But my pants feel a little bigger! That's good, right?!??!

~M
  • MartyDiller
    MartyDiller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

What are you goals for this week?

What has been going well?

What have you been struggling with?

I've been doing pretty well, though this week I was sick and that got in the way. Netted a small loss though (calories are on maintain, pregnancy) and definitely got some good work outs in on my not sick days.
    I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. :) And Christmas because my baby will be here and my husband will be home shortly after.

This has been a hard week for me because I haven't been able to get to the gym at all! I work at a small private school and our biggest fundraiser of the year is this weekend! So.....I have been quite busy!
    I have been doing really well with drinking my water this week, which is usually quite hard for me to do.
    I'm struggling with actually logging my food on here...I have no excuse for this except that I haven't been doing it. So that will be a major goal the rest of the week!! No matter what....log...log...log!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    what a great week its been! I did a great climb up a snowy mountain in the Adirondacks on a 50 degree day (love!), got several short walk/runs in, went to my yoga class where she did some killer ab work and tonight i did my Couch to 5K (C25K) week 5, day 3 run... its the jump to the long run and i wasnt certain i would be able to go 20 minutes without stopping, puking or dieing ;) But you know what? I felt FANTASTIC! No problems, whatsoever and when i got back to my starting point i thought about it for about 2 minutes, hit play again on the podcast and nike+ sensor and went out and did it again! 43 minutes RUNNING (total 23 + 20) plus the warm up/cool down walks. AND i bested my time in round 2 :) SO very happy and proud of my fitness acheivements this week.

Hmm for the food intake, i have areas i could improve upon. A bit of a binge-y sweet tooth thanks to TOM, but always under cals for the day.

So anyhoooo, thats where i am at this week so far :) I hope everyone is setting the bar high for themselves! You CAN do this and you ARE worth it!

Oh, and on the "part 1 thread" someone asked what we were planning to do to celebrate the 50 lb loss?... I am thinking SKYDIVING!! Heck yeah! Bring it on!! :P