50 pounds by June 1st challenge part 2

Options

Replies

• bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This has been a good week for me. So far I have gotten 4 out of 5 workouts in, 5 is tomorrow morning. I have been kicking *kitten* with my calories (or at least I think I am :tongue: ). I have been adding "quick calories" so that I think I am right at my limit for the day but it ends up I am under by half of my exercise cals. Wednesday was my day off from exercise and I ALWAYS have trouble staying at my calories range but I had no problem this week. I wish I was motivated like this all the time :ohwell: .

I hope everyone has a successful weekend!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well and would like to join.

I am currently 210 and eventually would like to be in the 120's

What are you goals for this week? My goal is to get my eating and portions under control and work up to 1 hour a day workouts

What has been going well? My eating has been going much better then I thought

What have you been struggling with? I was down for a few days with a sinus infection and migraines but now they antibiotics have kicked in and I have been on point for the last 3 days
  • SpiritCymbal
    Options
    Something tells me that the new scale at the gym today might be a little off.

If not, then I have probably broken some kind of record by gaining 32 lbs in the past 24 hours. hahaha.....
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options

If not, then I have probably broken some kind of record by gaining 32 lbs in the past 24 hours. hahaha.....

get yourself to an emergency room! Fast!!! lol!!

at least it was sooooo far off you KNEW it was wrong instead of being like 5 pounds off and then you'd be doubting yourself ;)
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    *** WEEKEND CHALLENGE ***

I would like to issue a weekend challenge!

I would like to see EVERYONE get in 1.5 hours of physical activity beyond cleaning, laundry, picking up toys, chasing kids, etc.

Yard work WILL count though.

Break it down however you want (all in one day, a bit on both, 3 half hour sessions, etc...)

Do your regular thing or try something new! :) Everyone is at different fitness levels, so do what works for YOU. But make sure you try to "find your edge", wherever that edge may be for you personally.

Lets make sure we are well hydrated going in and that we have the (food) energy our muscles will need (varies by activity and intensity) and that we make sure to leave some cals for recovery fuel afterwards (protein!)

Ok, its going to be a hard week ahead for those of us who have Thanksgiving this week, so lets get a jump start on the week and get it started in a very POSITIVE way!

Report back with what you did!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options

ScaleCry.jpg&t=1
  • magglett
    Options

I would like to see EVERYONE get in 1.5 hours of physical activity beyond cleaning, laundry, picking up toys, chasing kids, etc.

Break it down however you want (all in one day, a bit on both, 3 half hour sessions, etc...)

Do your regular thing or try something new! :) Everyone is at different fitness levels, so do what works for YOU. But make sure you try to "find your edge", wherever that edge may be for you personally.

Lets make sure we are well hydrated going in and that we have the (food) energy our muscles will need (varies by activity and intensity) and that we make sure to leave some cals for recovery fuel afterwards (protein!)

Ok, its going to be a hard week ahead for those of us who have Thanksgiving this week, so lets get a jump start on the week and get it started in a very POSITIVE way!

That sounds like a great challenge ... I'm in!!! I truly do wish you all the best for your Thanksgiving challenges. Us Canadians have had our Thanksgiving already back in October so we're okay with the upcoming weekend. But I do live near a boarder so Black Friday is quite tempting. My budget might suffer more then my calorie count :laugh: . When my Thanksgiving came along I gave myself a break. I went to my daughter's place for a visit with her and her new husband in Ottawa. She made a lovely turkey dinner with all the fixens and it was awesome. I didn't think too much about what I ate but I did make sure we all did some hiking that weekend to work some of the yumminess off. I don't know where she learned to cook like that but I'm sure glad she learned. It was awesome. I hope all of my American MFP friends have an awesome Thanksgiving with all of their loved ones.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Just back from the gym, 65 minutes for 542 calories on the treadmill, intervals on both incline and speed.

Under on the salt and calories as well. :smile:
  • magglett
    Options
    Just back from the gym, 65 minutes for 542 calories on the treadmill, intervals on both incline and speed.

Under on the salt and calories as well. :smile:
    Sounds like you had a great day. Way to go. Have a great weekend too :flowerforyou:
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Lets do it!!! Think all of mine will be done on treadmill but cant believe how great i feel every time i wake up in the morning. Only lost 18lbs so far but im a new person. Cant wait to reach my 50lb lost goal... and yeh ill either treat myself to a gorgeous diamond ring or a massive new sexy wardrobe :wink:

PS: Ill do my official weigh in on Monday! Hope to see my chart go down, lol.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'll definitely be in on the weekend challenge! 1.5 hours.

My wedding ring fits for the first time in about 7 weeks!!

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and have never had my wedding ring fit past about 28 weeks!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have tons of leaves to rake and dispose of. If anyone needs something to do, you'll find us about 90 miles south of Rolla, Missouri!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well this week I was bloated and gained the 2 pounds I lost back :yawn:
    So hopefully next week will be better....I can only keep plodding on
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just an update! Done 50 mins of exercise today (by treadmill) so got another 40 mins to go to complete the challenge ~ hows everyone elce getting on? :smile:

Hope you get back on track Sugar_apple, we all have 'bad' times so dont get disheartened - keep the motivation up! x
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Hello! I have just found this group and would love to join! I am at 180 right now and would really love to lose 50 pounds by June 1! What do I need to officially join the group?!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hit a new record today, 806 calories burned at the gym. Total cardio was 97 minutes. :)

Unfortunately that did not persuade baby to move out of my pelvis and back up, so I'm quite uncomfortable.
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    Hey Gang,

I'm a newbie and am SO into this group! 50lb by June sounds perfect! 3 1/2 stone gone would be amazing.

I have literally started this week so i haven't had a weigh in yet.

I accept your challenge, i'm gonna be so fit that i will be walking my dog instead of him walking me :smile:
  • tlp8rb
    Options

For the past five hours this has just been eating at me. You couldn't be more sexist if you tried. Housework (almost always done by women) doesn't count but yard work (almost always the guys domain) does?

I say bull-hockey!

Today I scrubbed three toilets, changed the bedding on five beds, flipping the mattresses as I went (two queens, 1 double and 2 twins). I vacuumed 800 square feet of carpet moving beds, nightstands, couches, love seats, recliners, end and coffee tables in the process. I washed 14 windows, inside and out, did three loads of laundry, defrosted the freezer, cleaned the refrigerator, and the oven. I scrubbed no less than 400 square feet of ceramic tile on my hands and knees, and wiped down another 1,000 square feet of hardwood floor. Did I mention the two showers and one bath tub that also got scrubbed or the four bathroom sinks and counter tops?

Sorry bad boys, but unless your "yard work" consisted of chopping down trees and splitting fire wood, I've got you beat!
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    I have tons of leaves to rake and dispose of. If anyone needs something to do, you'll find us about 90 miles south of Rolla, Missouri!

And screw the leaves.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I would love to join your group as well please. :) I joined MFP on 11/8/10 weighing 185. This last monday 11/15 my weight was down to 183.3, my overall goal would be 135.

As far as:
    What are you goals for this week? 1. drink 80 ounces of H20 daily. 2. exercise a minimum of 3 x a week.

What has been going well? With weightloss - losing almost 2lbs my first weigh-in. What has been going well in general - Nursing school. :happy: I made a 96% on my test Wednesday, yay!

What have you been struggling with? I have a lot of trouble drinking water. I have been known to go an entire day (or more) without drinking a drop of water. So, when I started MFP on 11/8 I began really trying to drink water, but I haven't quite got in as much as I would like every day, so that is why I am making it one of my goals. :)