Help! I am bored with my snacks...

Options
I am eating clean. I am eating three meals and small healthy snacks in between. Apples and almonds, greek yogurt , red peppers and hummus, carrots, I'm getting bored with the rabbit food I am eating. I need more delicious and healthy snack foods. What is your favorite go to snack?

Replies

• traciecoy
    traciecoy Posts: 1
    Options
    I found recipe that whips up egg whites with your favorite salt free seasoning...then cut potato into wedges(skin on) and dip in whites and bake for 45 to 55 min at 425 degrees...I cheated with some ketchup( 100% natural). It was the closet thing to a French fry I have had in over 10 wks...and it was so darn delicious!!!
  • Sarahwilliams1698
    Options
    I definitely recommend healthy homemade oatmeal cookies. They are delicious and fulfilling. Be careful though they can get really addicting. I would also recommend lupine beans with lemon, cumin and salt. They are full of proteins and they are my popcorn substitute. I am not sure if you will find them where you are living but definitely try to look for them. Hope I helped!
  • HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Cherries, strawberries, plums, blueberries, grapes, a frozen bandanna thrown in the blender with a tablespoon of peanut butter OR tablespoon of cocoa powder for some delicious faux ice cream, frozen cherries in a blender for some fast faux sorbet, a dark chocolate square and dried cranberries, chocolate avocado pudding, and a cup of yogurt with berry sauce are my suggestions.

Berry sauce:
    1/2 cup of berries of choice
    2 teaspoons of agave nectar
    1 tablespoon of water

Blend the berries, agave, and water together until smooth. Heat the mixture in a pan on medium heat until heated through.

Chocolate avocado pudding
    Ingredients

1 ripe avocado
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    3 tbsp maple syrup or raw, local honey
    1/4 cup coconut or almond milk

Directions

Put all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

Chill in refrigerator for at least 15 min.
  • jenekaking
    jenekaking Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Keep em comin'! ????
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    my new fav is the trader joe's marcona almonds with rosemary!
  • ramurray8
    ramurray8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Timely post! I need new ideas too!

Here are my now-rut-like snacks:
    Kind bars,
    Fage yogurt
    gaucamole + veggies
    peach + babybel cheese

HellyFaye's Choco-avocado pudding has me intrigued....
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want in moderation.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With honey (not the healthiest but a treat)
    With applies
    With berries
    with crackers
    with a fresh (mini) roll

----

Apples with peanut butter

----
    Nut thins

---

belvita bar
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas

Dried edamame

In pod edamame

Apple with natural peanut butter

Fresh Coconut
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My husband cracked open a fresh coconut today. I just melted 1 tbsp of chocolate chips to dip it in. It was like a healthy mounds bar.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    string cheese

hard boiled eggs

greek yogurt
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    i like Jell-O Mousse Temptations 100 calories each and dannon light & fit greek yogurt only 80 calories
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's chili lime almonds.
    Trader Joe's coconut cashews.
    Trader Joe's salt & pepper pistachios.
    Trader Joe's spinach & kale greek yogurt dip with veggies.
    Trader Joe's coconut strips.
    Banana chips.
    Dried mango.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    The crack of the vegetable kingdom: sugar snap peas!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Not sure if Cool Whip Free counts as "clean." What does that mean, exactly, anyway? It has artificial sweeteners, but it sure doesn't seem dirty. Beets taste dirty. Cool Whip Free tastes nice and clean and delicious.

Anyway, Cool Whip Free mixed with the berry of your choice. If you have a small bowl full (which equals about 6-8 "servings") and add about a quarter cup of berries, you're still way below 100 calories and it's incredibly delicious.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    The crack of the vegetable kingdom: sugar snap peas!

And this. If you're a recovering chip addict, sugar snap peas are for you. Nothing else gives quite the same satisfying crunch!
  • monkeygirl08
    monkeygirl08 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later! I need some new snacks as well!
  • True_Blue82
    True_Blue82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Deep Chocolate VitaTop toasted with a glass of milk
    Chicken quesadilla (small high fiber tortilla, 1/4 c. low-fat shredded cheese, 1/4 c. frozen (thawed) grilled chicken strips)
    Low-fat triscuits or pretzels with hummus
    Pepperidge Farms whole wheat mini bagels with whipped cream cheese and 2 slices deli meat
    1c. non-fat plain greek yogurt with 1/2c. blueberries or other fruit and 2 packets of stevia
    Wasa cracker with Laughing Cow light cheese wedge or almond butter
    Rye bread toasted with almond butter
    Mashed cauliflower (steamed, mashed, with 1 T butter with canola oil and 1 T whipped cream cheese)
    Baked potato stuffed with frozen broccoli and 1/4 c. low-fat shredded cheese
    Bean burrito - 1/4 c. refried beans + 1/4 c. low-fat shredded cheese + 1 small high fiber tortilla
    Low-fat mozz cheese stick & glass of wine

The key is a little bit of protein, some carbs, and a little bit of healthy fat in each snack. And a little bit of fun!
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I make 2 minute air popped popcorn. I take plain popcorn kernels, put them in a brown sandwich bag, fold the bag over a couple of times, and put in the microwave with the folds facing down for a couple of minutes until you only hear one pop every few seconds. Remove from microwave and enjoy!

If I'm not too lazy sometimes I'll sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, clean snacks... all I've got for that would be almonds, and shreddies? (lots of iron in shreddies). I'm testing out IIFYM right now, 70 calorie creamsicles are amazing :D