Help! I am bored with my snacks...

Options

Replies

• Lori_15
    Lori_15 Posts: 2
    Options
    My favorite snack is air popped popcorn too! I add a few sprays of Pam then sprinkle with garlic powder and chili powder.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I've got some 90 cal Twix ice cream minis. They're awesome, and the perfect size to cap a good meal.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Has to be cinnamon graham crackers with cool whip light in between. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.. Instant ice cream sandwich... Works
  • tbpmt
    tbpmt Posts: 4
    Options
    String cheese
    Celery with peanut butter
    Low-fat chocolate milk
    Black bean and corn salsa w/baked tortilla chips
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    Cinnamon applesauce
    Oatmeal with fruit
  • daniel9797
    daniel9797 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Has to be cinnamon graham crackers with cool whip light in between. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.. Instant ice cream sandwich... Works

Now this sounds interesting.

I like dannon light and fit yogurts. If I don't have one as a snack, I have one as dessert after dinner. Key lime pie and caramel macchiato are the best. Any kind of fruits are good also. I am new to this whole thing, so I experiment a lot. Looking to see what other people say.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    google graze boxes.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    40 calorie fudgsicles.
    or
    breakfast blend coffee with some fat free hot cocoa mixed in - tastes like a mocha coffee but the coffee/cocoa is 25 calories or less depending on how much of the mix you use!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

I tried this, and the Cool Whip was too soft and squished out between the crackers and made a mess.

So no I just eat it straight up with berries.

Or mix it with Jello instant pudding and cinnamon and dip the graham crackers in it.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    sugar free brownie mix and yellow/chocolate cake mix.
    Its amazing how much grocery stores have changed since more people are coming out w/ health issues.
    I don't know if its because I never had to think about it or its new but I just found these items a couple weeks ago (I believe theres even a sugar free frosting).
    The brownies do not taste sugar free and my husband whos somewhat picky, had 2! .
    Sugar free fudgsicles...so tasty w/ only 40 cal...you can try to see if youd like the multi colored 1's but we could tell the difference (after taste or something).
    Instead of ants on a log using PB, put some tuna in the celery!
    There are sugar free jello & pudding cups if its a matter of convenience. .
    Im a coconut person so I was so happy when I found a bar from special k that was only 70cal.
    This is based on Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Private Selection - Belgian Almond Thins 18 3 1 0 0 1 You could eat 8 for 140cal. ~ 1 toll house cookie is 90cal!
    Popcorn - Plain and Dry Air Popped Popcorn, 1 cup 15 6 0 1 1 0
    Kellogg's - Special K Moments Dreamy Coconut, 1 pouch 70 12 2 1 2 5
    Try freezing fruits...some people really enjoy the cold burst...grapes, blueberries etc
    This is a cool treat using only Bananas!
    http://www.oneingredientchef.com/one-ingredient-ice-cream/
    This a nice treat for not very many calories but I can eat it w/out the cool whip!
    Sugar Free Gelatin Dessert - Orange, 1 cup 10 0 0 2 0 0 (any flavor)
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 1 Tbsp 8 2 0 0 0 1
    Popchips Sweet Potato - 120 calories for 23 chips (that's like 5 calories per chip)!
    Pistachios are low in cals (5 I believe)
    Kelloggs Special K crisps have 2 in each pouch for 100cals...they come in several flavors
    Make some plain popcorn, add different things to it for a homemade trail mix!
  • jenekaking
    jenekaking Posts: 25
    Options
    Oooooh, clean snacks... all I've got for that would be almonds, and shreddies? (lots of iron in shreddies). I'm testing out IIFYM right now, 70 calorie creamsicles are amazing :D

What are shreddies? Lol.
  • gfit123
    gfit123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    kale chips
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My favorites----

Mix verde salsa & hot sauce in with some non-fat plain greek yogurt and use as cracker/veggie dip.

Combine a half can of white shredded chicken breast with non-fat greek yogurt and Frank's hot sauce and put on crackers/toast/veggies. Tastes like buffalo chicken dip :heart:

Top a banana with some peanut butter (I use PB2) and sugar free chocolate chips. Goes well with a nice cup of coffee :drinker:

Mix some Jello Sugar-Free Cheesecake pudding mix into non-fat vanilla greek yogurt and use as fruit dip. It's wonderrrrful.

Combine 1 cup of non-fat vanilla greek yogurt with 1/2 packet (can use more to taste) of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations for flavored yogurt (the whole packet is only 10 cals, 1g sugar. They're in the baking aisle, usually around $.69 each). Goes well with fruit as a dip also!

[ETA: For people who don't like yogurt- I can't stand yogurt on it's own (weird texture thing) but the above snacks are in my permanent rotation... they're more like dips rather than eating yogurt!]
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, clean snacks... all I've got for that would be almonds, and shreddies? (lots of iron in shreddies). I'm testing out IIFYM right now, 70 calorie creamsicles are amazing :D

What are shreddies? Lol.

The cereal. The "?" was because, I'm not sure if they qualify as clean or not, lol. They're my chip replacement. They're processed, but "made with whole grain wheat", high in fibre, and iron.

Unless the joke just went over my head, lol, in which case :P
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I make ice lollies using fresh orange and mango juice (Aldi) using plastic lolly moulds. Delicious and uses much less juice than if you had a glass of juice.
  • kau533
    kau533 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    put grapes in the freezer for a few hours so they are just frosty and not yet hard

canned pumpkin with cinnamon and nutmeg mixed in with a little granola on top
  • aihunni
    aihunni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "Eating clean" is such an outdated term now...

Regardless, try NatureBox. $20/mo. for "clean" snacks, $3 for every extra thing added to the box. Starts at 5.

https://naturebox.com/
  • sunitar292
    sunitar292 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bumping for yummy snacks :smile:
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So I'm thinking of trying frozen banana slices, and was checking the database and found "peeled banana"... have I been eating bananas wrong, lol.
  • Stephoknee523
    Stephoknee523 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "Eating clean" is such an outdated term now...

Regardless, try NatureBox. $20/mo. for "clean" snacks, $3 for every extra thing added to the box. Starts at 5.

https://naturebox.com/

Yes to NatureBox! You can also choose the snacks you receive every month. This ensures you will receive 5 snacks you enjoy as opposed to 5 that are just ok. The French Toast Granola is my favorite thus far!