Help! I am bored with my snacks...

Options

Replies

• maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    protein shake ... protein, almond milk and frozen fruit with a glass of water to thin it out a bit because its really thick otherwise ..very filling and its like drinking a milkshake ........ i buy protein bars for a quick grab instead of making something .
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    another good one for me is sometimes i get a sweet tooth .. fresh blueberries with melted raw honey drizzled over them and a spoon full of whipped cream
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite snack is to cut up 1/2 banana & 4 strawberries & mix 2 T of lite cool whip in. Great for the sweet craving
  • javalika
    javalika Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    QUEST BARS!! MY fav are oreo cookie, almond crunch and chocolate chip cookie dough. they have very few net carbs and 1 gram of sugar. recommended by many
  • georgiapeach46
    Options
    Watermelon or cantelope, or a nectarine makes a good snack. Also there are some low calorie frozen yogurt bars that are really good.as an occasional treat.
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    string cheese

hard boiled eggs

greek yogurt

What is string cheese made from? Sounds well processed ....
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana slices, raisins, and peanuts are a dream combo.

I am a huge, huge fan of frozen granny smith apples!
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Cherries, strawberries, plums, blueberries, grapes, a frozen bandanna thrown in the blender with a tablespoon of peanut butter OR tablespoon of cocoa powder for some delicious faux ice cream, frozen cherries in a blender for some fast faux sorbet, a dark chocolate square and dried cranberries, chocolate avocado pudding, and a cup of yogurt with berry sauce are my suggestions.

Berry sauce:
    1/2 cup of berries of choice
    2 teaspoons of agave nectar
    1 tablespoon of water

Blend the berries, agave, and water together until smooth. Heat the mixture in a pan on medium heat until heated through.

Chocolate avocado pudding
    Ingredients

1 ripe avocado
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    3 tbsp maple syrup or raw, local honey
    1/4 cup coconut or almond milk

Directions

Put all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

Chill in refrigerator for at least 15 min.

Your recipes look luscious. Thank you. I've been blending firm tofu with cocoa and sweetener and it is a quite good pudding, but I bet it is better with avocado.
  • StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sliced deli turkey rolled up in a leaf of romaine lettuce sprinkled with a little cheese. has the crunch I love and the protein I need in a snack without the calories.
  • StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Quirky_but_nice -

String cheese is just another form of mozzarella, which can be pulled apart in "strings". Very yummy! Wikipedia says "The manufacturing process aligns the proteins in the cheese, which makes it stringy"
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond has a TON of almond flavors. I was just at Walgreens and picked up the Apple Pie and the Cherry Pie flavors and at Target and picked up the Salted Caramel and the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt flavors.

Soy nuts are great and come in different flavors.

Greek Black Cherry Yogurt

Fruit bowl. I like blueberries, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, blackberries and pineapple mixed together and then dump a box of DRY sugar free vanilla pudding in it, stir and refrigerate. It's awesome!

Make your own trail mix.

I like carrots dipped in mustard. (I like mustard with mustard..lol)
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is turkey pepperoni with a reduced fat mozzarella stick & a piece of fruit. Its filling and different.

I also recently discovered Fage greek yogurts with a fruit side. They are amazing - especially with a handful of berries or nuts mixed in.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Today's snack: 3/4c mixed berries, 3 tbsp. of Vanilla FF yogourt, drizzled with 12 year aged coconut infused white balsamic vinegar.
    Mmmm!
  • sbv67
    sbv67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really don't snack except for thin sliced summer squash. My whole deal is trying to keep to 2 grams of sodium a day. I am having a really hard time keeping the salt down. Any suggestions? Of course, my husband, who hasn't gained more than 5 lbs in 47 yrs, is no help at at all
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want in moderation.

giphy.gif

^^this only because I lurve Misha Collins:love: oh, and KIND bars for sure are my go to.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Try

cheese sticks
    hard boiled eggs
    cottage cheese with saltines
    latte's with nonfat milk and SF syrup

latte's are my fave snack in the afternoon.

^
    it
    is
    a cute
    xmas tree.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I could straight up murder a giant bag of chocolate covered pretzels right now.
  • tinetochange
    Options
    I love the dole frozen chocolate covered strawberries:smile: my own little sweet treat at 60 calories a pack. Also think thin added a new high fiber gluten free line that has some great flavors
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump for the pb cookies!
  • naccar82
    naccar82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump