MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want in moderation.

giphy.gif

Yes! I agree - clean or dirty - don't care - I'm snacking on M&Ms now (weighed out 1 ounce!)
  • tsugrl04
    tsugrl04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make my own version of McDonald's fruit and yogurt. I get plain greek yogurt, flavor it with honey and a little vanilla. Then I make some candied walnuts (just brown sugar and walnuts in the pan and bake for 5mins.) Slice some green apples and throw in a few red grapes.....Of course my favorite part of the snack is the CANDIED walnuts!
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I make low-carb nut butter cookies... YUM!!

to make:

1 cup natural nut butter (I crush my own peanuts or almonds)
    1 cup vanilla protein powder (I use whey... no idea how other proteins would work)
    2 eggs
    sweetener to taste (I use amber agave nectar)

Mix together. drop by spoonfuls on UNGREASED cookie sheet. Use fork to press cookie down. Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes.

Sooo tasty!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want in moderation.
    This this this!!! :drinker:
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The crack of the vegetable kingdom: sugar snap peas!

You are NOT kidding! So addictive!
  • randolphsja
    Options
    Anything that is 100 calories or less and isn't crazy with carbs. There are some junior ice cream pops at 90 calories that help when everyone else is eating dessert. Fruit, nuts, yogurt, skinny popcorn, carrots and even a piece of chocolate if it meets the 100 calorie around 10 carb criteria. Oh, don't forget jello and sugar free pudding
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of honey and a good sprinkle of cinnamon. If I'm eating this for dinner (which I often do when I work late) I toss in an ounce of lightly salted almonds. Soooo tasty!!

I am addicted to Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Dulcé De Leche ice-cream bar. The Greek yogurt bars are super yummy as well.

I also like string cheese dipped in salsa. The spicier the better! :happy:
  • dfull1970
    dfull1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to keep seasoned oyster crackers on hand. I can vary to flavoring and just 1/2 cup meets the salty crunch I'm looking for without excessive calories. Start with a basic mix and then add your favorite flavorings just before serving. My favorites are dill and garlic, lemon pepper, and Cajun chili.

Basic oyster cracker seasoned mix:

2 - 9 oz. bags of oyster crackers (17 servings per bag)
    1/4 c. olive or canola oil
    1 packet (dry) Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix

Toss the oyster crackers with the oil to thoroughly coat all of the oyster crackers then toss again with the dry ranch dressing/seasoning mix. Store in a large plastic container.

I like to warm in the microwave after adding flavorings, such as dill and garlic, lemon pepper, or Cajun chili.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    lightly salted edamame
    hard-boiled eggs
    Greek yogurt
    dried apricots--I don't know whether it's the chewiness or what (I eat the unsulphured kind), but I find just a couple very satisfying
    almonds
    I make brown-rice sushi rolls with carrot and scallion or whatever I have on hand, then wrap them in wax paper and refrigerate. You can slice them and eat a couple of pieces or just eat them out of hand. They're very portable, too.
  • katalisp
    katalisp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My daytime snacks are mostly veg and non-fat cheese or bean dip. But at night I want crunchy or sweet foods, carbs really. Here's my list of good "bad" foods - ha ha.

14 Trader Joes' organic tortilla chips with tons of fresh salsa (160 cal)

2 Squares of 80% dark chocolate (50 ca)

1.5 cups of air popped popcorn and 1 T olive oil (106cal)

3 comfybelly coconut flour silver dollar pancakes with 1 T TJ's organic low fat whipped cream cheese and a few berries (130 cal) (http://comfybelly.com/2009/02/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/)

3 low carb almond flour cookies (111-150 if you ad chocolate chips)

1 row of plain sakata rice crackers and a serving of TJ's eggplant hummus (130 cal)

1/4 cup chia pudding (144 cal)
  • katalisp
    katalisp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorites----

Mix verde salsa & hot sauce in with some non-fat plain greek yogurt and use as cracker/veggie dip.

Combine a half can of white shredded chicken breast with non-fat greek yogurt and Frank's hot sauce and put on crackers/toast/veggies. Tastes like buffalo chicken dip :heart:

These are great. I love spicy food. Seems to stop the food cravings for me and the high protein of greek yogurt is a better idea than non-fat sour cream. Thanks,
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump.....

core an apple
    cut into 4 pieces but not wedges - the other way , like plates
    spread some organic peanut butter to both layers
    add some raisins /dates or you favourite dried fruit on top of the peanut butter
    stack together and you have the perfect tasty snack for protein and carbs
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ricotta+Raspberries (or any fruit)+Maple Syrup. mmmmmmm
  • newki1kn
    newki1kn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So many of these sound so good! I need to follow this thread!
  • Loraluvs
    Loraluvs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate sea salt almonds. A little goes a long way. (And food is not dirty)
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Cherries, strawberries, plums, blueberries, grapes, a frozen bandanna thrown in the blender with a tablespoon of peanut butter OR tablespoon of cocoa powder for some delicious faux ice cream, frozen cherries in a blender for some fast faux sorbet, a dark chocolate square and dried cranberries, chocolate avocado pudding, and a cup of yogurt with berry sauce are my suggestions.

Berry sauce:
    1/2 cup of berries of choice
    2 teaspoons of agave nectar
    1 tablespoon of water

Blend the berries, agave, and water together until smooth. Heat the mixture in a pan on medium heat until heated through.

Chocolate avocado pudding
    Ingredients

1 ripe avocado
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    3 tbsp maple syrup or raw, local honey
    1/4 cup coconut or almond milk

Directions

Put all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

Chill in refrigerator for at least 15 min.

I'm intrigued by the frozen bandanna in the blender : ^ D