Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    ^lolzzz
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    There are some great responses here. They made me chuckle.

That said - a relationship is built on trust - it is a necessary foundation of any relationship, friendship, marriage, interpersonal intermingling. That said, one of the biggest areas in relationships which usually needs work is communication. Instead of coming to the boards and asking randoms about whether or not your relationship is in trouble, why not sit down with your girlfriend and talk with her? Express your feelings, insecurities, what's on your mind.

There are several things I want to point out. First, if you are worried that your girlfriend is going to leave you because you are a "t-shirts and shorts guy", there are several problems. First, you don't trust your girlfriend. Second, you don't trust the relationship. Third, if you are truly believe your girlfriend is that shallow that she doesn't respect and value you for who you are, why are you with her? Don't underestimate your girlfriend - that leads to under-valuing, and believe me, will push her away.

Second, why aren't you talking to your girlfriend about this? Where is the open and honest communication? When two people enter a committed relationship, it ceases being about two individual people, and rather one cohesive unit. Your decisions affect her, and hers will affect you. Taking a job with an ex-boyfriend as a boss is a HUGE deal, and one that should have required you two sitting down, discussing the situation, discussing both of your feelings, and a decision made based upon your conversation. Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying she needs your "permission" by any means - but this is a situation where, in a healthy, loving relationship, a discussion would be expected.

I say this because ex's are ex's for a reason. Something happened which caused the relationship not to work. Regardless of what that is, she's now in a relationship with you, and as such, she should be focused on you, and you on her. To bring an ex-boyfriend into the mix is only going to cause trouble, bring up old feelings and thoughts on her part, and it isn't fair to her, or to you. It's one thing if he's an ex without sexual history. However, if they slept together - believe me, there will be memories, thoughts, and that just isn't healthy for anyone.

You and her need to sit down and have a long conversation. You need to tell her what you are feeling and thinking. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of her working for her ex-bf, tell her. Perhaps she will tell you there's nothing there anymore with him, and you have nothing to worry about. Perhaps this is just temporary, and she's using the position to move higher up the corporate ladder. But the important thing is, you need to tell her how you feel. You don't want to start acting distrustful towards her, or to have anything come between you and her in your relationship. If you start questioning and second-guessing her every move (why is she staying late at work? Is she getting back together with him? Is she cheating on him?) - that's going to push her away.

Look, every guy has insecurities, and so do girls. There's always going to be issues in a relationship. You just have to choose how you handle the situation. Man up, take her out to dinner, and talk with her. No one on this board is going to know exactly what is going on, what she is thinking/feeling, or what the dynamics are. The best everyone can do is guess, surmise, and make suggestions based on limited information.

TL:DR - Just break up!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

That said - a relationship is built on trust - it is a necessary foundation of any relationship, friendship, marriage, interpersonal intermingling. That said, one of the biggest areas in relationships which usually needs work is communication. Instead of coming to the boards and asking randoms about whether or not your relationship is in trouble, why not sit down with your girlfriend and talk with her? Express your feelings, insecurities, what's on your mind.

There are several things I want to point out. First, if you are worried that your girlfriend is going to leave you because you are a "t-shirts and shorts guy", there are several problems. First, you don't trust your girlfriend. Second, you don't trust the relationship. Third, if you are truly believe your girlfriend is that shallow that she doesn't respect and value you for who you are, why are you with her? Don't underestimate your girlfriend - that leads to under-valuing, and believe me, will push her away.

Second, why aren't you talking to your girlfriend about this? Where is the open and honest communication? When two people enter a committed relationship, it ceases being about two individual people, and rather one cohesive unit. Your decisions affect her, and hers will affect you. Taking a job with an ex-boyfriend as a boss is a HUGE deal, and one that should have required you two sitting down, discussing the situation, discussing both of your feelings, and a decision made based upon your conversation. Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying she needs your "permission" by any means - but this is a situation where, in a healthy, loving relationship, a discussion would be expected.

I say this because ex's are ex's for a reason. Something happened which caused the relationship not to work. Regardless of what that is, she's now in a relationship with you, and as such, she should be focused on you, and you on her. To bring an ex-boyfriend into the mix is only going to cause trouble, bring up old feelings and thoughts on her part, and it isn't fair to her, or to you. It's one thing if he's an ex without sexual history. However, if they slept together - believe me, there will be memories, thoughts, and that just isn't healthy for anyone.

You and her need to sit down and have a long conversation. You need to tell her what you are feeling and thinking. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of her working for her ex-bf, tell her. Perhaps she will tell you there's nothing there anymore with him, and you have nothing to worry about. Perhaps this is just temporary, and she's using the position to move higher up the corporate ladder. But the important thing is, you need to tell her how you feel. You don't want to start acting distrustful towards her, or to have anything come between you and her in your relationship. If you start questioning and second-guessing her every move (why is she staying late at work? Is she getting back together with him? Is she cheating on him?) - that's going to push her away.

Look, every guy has insecurities, and so do girls. There's always going to be issues in a relationship. You just have to choose how you handle the situation. Man up, take her out to dinner, and talk with her. No one on this board is going to know exactly what is going on, what she is thinking/feeling, or what the dynamics are. The best everyone can do is guess, surmise, and make suggestions based on limited information.

RDWPxeg.jpg
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Ah, there's the obvious - a four in a bed romp.

two guys, one girl and a maybe? Does not sound like a fun time!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I would have left you a long time ago because a relationship with no anal isn't really a relationship at all.

Agreed. If you aren't going to access every port, you may as well not even dock.

You two need to start some sort of certification course. That way when people meet each other they can just ask if they are certified.

We will need to collaborate on course study and the practical exams.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. Except I think the OP should really just break up and come call me "babty" and make me a sammich instead.....
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you already know the answer.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I would have left you a long time ago because a relationship with no anal isn't really a relationship at all.

Agreed. If you aren't going to access every port, you may as well not even dock.

Is her *kitten* critical data? Because I really want to back it up!

You, sir....bravo. :love:
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Don't show your emotions, you'll appear weak, I bet this IT Guy has 2048 bit encryption, you can't afford to mess this up!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    63bb62567642d322c1e829387fa08062bf14930f9a81e108b5c4ed9a484fad79.jpg

OMG Love this!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I would just let her go so I can win a bet. I should have made "leaving for a vegetarian" a parlay
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options

Well, you just love degrading people don't you? Why don't you answer his question, or don't post here at all...

:laugh: KM haven't you noticed that majority of the responses are not serious

So if this response isn't serious that means you're not serious about the majority of responses being not serious, making them serious?

I have a headache.

Where is my fioriset, that gave me a headache
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Eric, PM me to discuss sex techniques. I'm sure that between us we can manage to satisfy one woman
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Eric, PM me to discuss sex techniques. I'm sure that between us we can manage to satisfy one woman

Just ask BrettPGH_ from what I hear, OP's GF was very satisfied.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    So my girlfriend started a new job a couple weeks ago, her boss is an ex boyfriend and apparently one of her coworkers is "asking about her". Am I in trouble? She's attractive, fit and dresses nice. I'm more of a tshirt and shorts type of guy, will this relationship last?

Apparently the guy asking about her is a vegetarian so I'm not too worried about him, a vegetarian really isn't intimidating.

We all know she is way outta your league, Enjoy the ride, and hold on as long as you can.

I would like to think I'm a pretty good catch, I have a job, a car and I'm financially independent because I live with my mom

I was with you all the way up to when you said you live with your mom. I'm sorry, but you're 30?? That would be a deal breaker for me, but what do I know? That combined with she just took a job working for her ex...I don't see this ending well... :brokenheart:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

<insert SNL skit here>
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    YxHiopm.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    So my girlfriend started a new job a couple weeks ago, her boss is an ex boyfriend and apparently one of her coworkers is "asking about her". Am I in trouble? She's attractive, fit and dresses nice. I'm more of a tshirt and shorts type of guy, will this relationship last?

Apparently the guy asking about her is a vegetarian so I'm not too worried about him, a vegetarian really isn't intimidating.

We all know she is way outta your league, Enjoy the ride, and hold on as long as you can.

I would like to think I'm a pretty good catch, I have a job, a car and I'm financially independent because I live with my mom

I was with you all the way up to when you said you live with your mom. I'm sorry, but you're 30?? That would be a deal breaker for me, but what do I know? That combined with she just took a job working for her ex...I don't see this ending well... :brokenheart:

*makes mental note*

Living with mom is a deal breaker for picking up hot chicks.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

You two need to start some sort of certification course. That way when people meet each other they can just ask if they are certified.

We will need to collaborate on course study and the practical exams.

Most definitely.

Any legit certification should require successful completion of written, oral and practical application exams.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Just ask BrettPGH_ from what I hear, OP's GF was very satisfied.

QFT, you should probably check your work with him