LADIES: Skipping exercise for that time of the month?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I prefer it tbh, maybe cause the painkillers make me feel happy and energetic haha.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Honestly the first two days of my period (which are the WORST pain-wise) I skip running. Everything else- pilates and calisthenics- I push through because it actually helps ease the pain. I don't think skipping a few days to a week will do too much harm, but it's really what you can do. Take some pain medication, sit with a heating pad for a while, then take a HOT shower. (My cramps typically render me immobile for two days, and the pain brings an incredible nausea... So yeah, I know your pain. xD)
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I too have about two days each month where I cannot do anything except eat at a deficit. During that time I get migraines and I suffer from anemia as my cycles are SO heavy - I have to take iron supplements on those days & the pain is unbearable - the pain is equal to giving birth (I gave birth to both of my children without drugs - so I know). My issue is fibroids - which may be yours? There is surgery for it, but the possible side effects include death or needing a complete hysterectomy later - so I just put up with it each month & I am looking forward to menopause! I know this doesn't help - but you are not alone! =0)
  • summer92008
    summer92008 Posts: 202
    Options
    Lol, I too am looking forward to menopause. I'm only 20 so I know it probably isn't any time soon, but I will welcome it with open arms.