What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• PetrichorJunkie
    PetrichorJunkie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I boil some water in a teapot and use some to make oatmeal, and use some to make a double cup of green tea. I ad some raisins to the oatmeal to sweeten it up. It's my go-to breakfast and I love it. And under 300 calories!
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with a few raisins and pecans, coffee, and 8oz orange juice
  • kristenonly
    kristenonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    An egg muffin cup. Basically egg white, onions and peppers wrapped in a slice of turkey bacon. And/Or a paleo banana nut muffin...when my coworker is super cool and brings a bunch!
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp. skinny b cereal, 1/2 cup almond milk, banana sliced on top
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Banana Nut or Cinnamon Cheerios (1 serving) with almond milk, coffee with almond milk (2-3 cups), no sweetener. A multivitamin. My breakfast is usually sparse because I like to indulge more later in the day.
  • workshardplaysharder
    Options
    Depends. If I go to the gym in the morning when I come home I make a smoothie with fruit, milk, yogurt, protein. If I hit the gym in the afternoon then breakfast is typically eggs and an english muffin or an egg sandwich. In the winter I make oatmeal too.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    once upon a time (47 lbs ago) my breakfast was two raisin bread toasts with nutella! yummmy!!!
    but alas - lifestyle change.
    Most weekdays it's a smoothie...
    If I'm doing aquafit in the morning I'll have some quinoa crispbread with peanut butter before the work out - smoothie after...
    weekends I can change it up and have eggs with a protein...
    low carb so no more bread for me!!! have to say my tummy is much better without!!
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    fruit and yogurt parfaits and buttered toast are my go to breakfast meals. When I have time (so usually just on the weekends lol) I like 2 eggs and a piece of toast (some times bacon or sausage, or a biscuit in place of toast)
  • rockstrong
    rockstrong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my favorite way to prepare oatmeal:

1/2 cup oatmeal in 1 cup of water - boil
    add 1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 banana, sliced up
    2 tbsp sliced or chopped raw almonds
    topped with 1/2 cup almond milk

259 calories and Delicious!
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge breakfast person. When I do eat it, it's usually something small.

A protein shake
    toast and all-natural peanut butter
    a few hard-boiled eggs
    cottage cheese and a piece of fruit
    veggie omelette
    protein breakfast cookie
  • awoodfell1117
    awoodfell1117 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Shakeology
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on how recently i was at the grocery store and if i got off my lazy butt to cook something for the week :laugh:

fully stocked and lazy : toast, smoked salmon, havarti, spinach and beries

fully stocked and cooked : crustless quiche (egg, growund tukey, spinach, tomatoes, cheddar, onions, bell peppers) + sauce with avovado, sriracha and greek yogurt

no food and lazy : plain greek yogurt with fruit jam
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast unless I'm hungry, but if I am breakfast pizza (eggs, sausage and cheese) is great @ 222 calories, 21 grams of calcium and 17 grams of protein. I make it in a 9 X 13 inch dish and divide it into 10 servings. I freeze individual servings that I can pull out whenever my little heart desires and heat up in the oven or microwave. Delicious and homemade.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    3 eggs
    1 chicken sausage
    2 cups spinach
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    LC Muffin (made with eggs, veggies, and cheese)
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Sausage
    LC toast w/peanut butter
    Protein Shake (pre-bottled or home made)

It depends on my mood.

If I'm jonesing for oatmeal, I'll make my low carb, high protein version Dream of Wheat (using ground flax and protein powder with sweetener, cream and butter)
  • kschick46
    kschick46 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually have a homemade smoothie (with fruit, veggies, yogurt, & wheat germ...it's yummier than it sounds) during the week and a spinach omelet on the weekends. I can't eat as soon as I get up so I bring to work with me and drink it at my desk. Of course I like to have my coffee first.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfasts range from cereal (not sugared but something with flavor) fresh fruit and unsweetened almond milk, or bagels/english muffins with fat free cream cheese, or cinnamon raisin toast with yogurt spread. I sometimes have eggbeaters scrambled with Laughing Cow cheese. Depends on my mood, and what I think I'll have the rest of the day. In the winter I add a choice of an oatmeal recipe I found online.
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually have porridge made with coconut milk and water with a sliced banana or 2 poached eggs on wholewheat toast, washed down with a cup of green tea with mint.
  • julieannebird11
    julieannebird11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So, I will stop at Chick-fil-a for breakfast, unless I drink my MORNING MILKSHAKE. I know this sounds like it couldn't possibly be good, but it is GREAT:

1. Freeze about 3/4 c. of blueberries and sliced strawberries the night before.
    2. In the AM, layer the following ingredients in your Ninja or Nutri-bullet, OR your food processor. You'll have to scrape down the sides during the process:

3/4 c Frozen berries
    1 12 to 2 c of baby spinach leaves
    1/2 c of nonfat Greek Yogurt - ether honey or vanilla flavored
    1 banana
    1 tsp natural peanut butter
    2-3 TBSP almond milk or nonfat regular milk

BLEND, BLEND, BLEND, BLEND

Easy to drink on the way to work, and you've worked in 3 servings of fruit/veggies before work. Total calories? Around 300.
    By the way - you CANNOT taste the spinach.