What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    98% fatfree flour fajita shell, 1\4 cup mozerella cheese, 1 whole scrambled egg with no butter or milk in the microwave, and half a slice of ham. I make a breakfast quesadila with it.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    3 Eggs white scrambled sandwich on 40 calorie bread, and 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on 1 piece of 40 calories bread. Keeps me full until lunch.
  • summer92008
    summer92008 Posts: 202
    Options
    I wake up around 8 am. and go for a 4-5 mile walk. An hour and a half later, I return home to shower, and have breakfast.
    My breakfast is always some sort of low-cal cereal (right now Fruity Cheerios, 100 cal. in 3/4 cup) and unsweetened vanilla almond milk (1/2 cup, 15 cal.). Then I usually try not to eat anything until 11 or later. If I want a snack, I will have fruit (watermelon, 2 cups, 92 cal.) or prepackaged almond and walnut mix (100 cal.). So yeap lol.
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bumping for all of your great ideas!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ok, after being up for 4 hours, this thread has finally made me hungry.

Off to eat a few bagels.
  • 1HauteMom
    1HauteMom Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast but I especially love my Costa Rican carb loaded breakfast (black beans and rice, eggs, a slice of fresh cheese, baguette w/ butter, sausage, and of course fried in butter plantains w/ sour cream). That's actually a couple of meals! Unfortunately, it's no longer an every day tradition but an occasional treat (i.e. when my mom's in town visiting). She raised us with her belief that we kids should have a hot, full breakfast. Cereal is not a meal in her eyes and rice can accompany any meal, even breakfast. Well, fast forward to present day and you'll most likely find me having a Boost Glucose Control shake & some fruit or oatmeal & fruit. Anything I can have on the go. I find it easier on me to restrict my calorie intake during the first half of the day & gradually increase my meal size/calorie intake for lunch and dinner. Dinner will be a salad or soup with fruit or cucumbers, lunch will be what ever I have made for the whole family just a much smaller portion.
  • janessamarie21
    janessamarie21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I work out in the mornings I will have a slice of toasted Ezekial bread with a tablespoon of almond butter and a few slices of a banana before I go and then breakfast after.

But my favorite breakfast meals are:

-One egg, 2 egg whites, bell peppers and ground turkey meat (that I season and cook ahead of time)

-Plain oats cooked in water, 1/2 t chia seeds, flavored stevia drops, 1T of almond butter and iced coffee with chocolate protein powder and a 1/2 cup of coconut-almond milk mixed in

-2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon with fruit

-Protein pancakes made with either protein powder or cottage cheese, with homemade berry jam or protein pancakes topped with almond butter, banana slices, and bacon pieces.

-Plain oats cooked in coconut milk, half a smashed banana, unsweetened coconut flakes, raw sliced almonds and 1/2 t of chia seeds and a boiled egg
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Usually nothing. Sometimes I'd grab a fruit cup or some pineapple
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wake up hungry! Every morning I blend up a shake in my nutribullet…usually chocolate whey or chocolate Garden of life RAW protein with a banana, crushed ice, and water.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating if you're not hungry? That's the hardest thing I've overcome. I attribute eating to when I wasn't hungry to pretty much all of my weight gain.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    At work, I usually just have one cup of yogurt with granola and two pieces of bacon. At home, I typically just drink a Kroger brand slim fast shake to get the protein in. My schedule is more relaxed at home, so I'm not as concerned with getting too hungry before my next meal.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a packet of oatmeal and a little fruit for breakfast. And then I had a handful of cashews mid morning. Most days, this is pretty typical, though I do "cook" breakfast on weekends, eggs, french toast, bacon, etc. I'm going veggie, so bye-bye bacon...LOL
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I find a protein drink is great for breakfast. I'm usually not hungry in the morning either, but know its important to fuel the body. Slim Fast and Special K are both tasty options
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast at the moment is 2 rashers of bacon, 100g-200g mushrooms & a can of peeled plum tomatoes

or

the 100-200g mushrooms, 2 or 3 eggs scrambled & the can of tomatoes
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    boiled egg and oatmeal.

I think this is the perfect breakfast because it gives you a lot of protein!
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am usually ravenous when I wake up in the morning and I make sure to eat something that will keep me full until lunch.

I usually have Wallaby or Fage greek yogurt with berries and 1-2 hard boiled eggs w/ a cup of coffee. That keeps me full and satisfied until lunch!
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Scoop of protein powder + fat free vanilla greek yogurt over frozen fruits.
  • cljones302
    cljones302 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I dont care for breakfast either, but I normally have Icelandic yogurt in the morning. 20 grams of protein/18 grams of carbs and no fat!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I always have a mix of fat, protein, and carbs for breakfast. I see a lot of people just go for the carbs...I find if I balance the 3 I don't get as hungry later on. Some examples of my breakfast include:

-veggie omelette with cheese and fruit and/or toast
    -protein shake with milk or milk alternative, fruits, and some greens
    -high protein bread and an avocado or coconut oil or cheese on top
    -oatmeal with protein powder (or eggs) with almonds and coconut
    -on weekends, my splurge is sausage and eggs and toast
  • newyorkmo
    newyorkmo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3 Eggs white scrambled sandwich on 40 calorie bread, and 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on 1 piece of 40 calories bread. Keeps me full until lunch.

those ideas sound delicious!