Brides to Be

Options
I know a lot of people that I've friended on here are due to be married. I thought it might be fun to start a forum topic for just us gals. We can use it to post our goals, give ways we can motivate ourselves, offer fun workout ideas, add good recipes and even vent on days that we don't do that well. Also, we can share wedding planning ideas! Anyone else in!?

Shannon

Replies

• brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm not officially engaged yet....
    but we are thinking of getting married late next year or early 2012...

So I would love to join..
  • thom10034
    Options
    I'm in.
  • cbrooks0509
    Options
    I've married now for a year and a half but I know how much stress it takes to lose weight before your wedding. You really need the support considering all that comes with planning a wedding and getting ready to take that major life changing step. Every bride to be needs the extra support! And trust me you can do it. 3 months and lost 15 lbs, it was hard but it can be done!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i'm in...I'm getting married July 7, 2012...my party favors just came in yesterday, hell yeah I got them for 50 cents a piece! i got over half off each one...awesome score
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I'm in! Got engaged late October, and the wedding will be around the same time. No date set yet. But I'm trying to take off 50-60 lbs. In a year is doable...right?
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The date is October 15, 2011 and the (remaining part of the) goal is 45 lbs.
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    fabulous idea! im in! i just had a baby mid august and getting married may 7, 2011. after losing the post labor weight i was 185, now got down to 167 but hope to be back at 135 by my wedding. I was 135 before and AFTER having my first child but gained 30 pounds after that before getting pregnant with my second. so technically ive lost al the baby weight from this baby because i was exactly 167 when we decided to get pregnant, just have 32 lbs to go in 5.5 months! id love to share/get ideas from you girls!
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    I'm in! Got engaged late October, and the wedding will be around the same time. No date set yet. But I'm trying to take off 50-60 lbs. In a year is doable...right?

totally doable!! even if you lose the lower amount of 1lb per week, thats still 52 lbs! :)
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    i'm in...I'm getting married July 7, 2012...my party favors just came in yesterday, hell yeah I got them for 50 cents a piece! i got over half off each one...awesome score

wow youre really ahead of the game, thats awesome lol. where did you get yor favors from?
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hell to the YEAH! I'm in! I need some motivation!

All Brides are beautiful... but us brides will be breathtaking...and skinny!

Buff brides here we come!

My wedding is Aug.13, 2011! coming faster than I thought it would!

My birthday is January. The last year in my 20's! I'm trying to hold on to my youth! anyways, My license expires! Time for a new pic! I'm going to not lie on my drivers license! I'm going to put my actual weight down! So... I'm am giving myself a goal to be 130lbs by Jan. 28,2011 so I don't have to lie on my drivers license!

Challenge Accepted!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i'm in! and so far it sounds like my wedding's the closest! june 19, 2011!!!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 10 years but I'll be 'in' two weddings next year.

We leave for Mexico February 23rd for my brothers wedding...an entire week (7 days) no kids just me and my hubby! (well and other family members! :laugh:

I'm also in my sisters wedding in May 2011.
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    Me!!! I am!!!!! I'm always down for some tips and motivation!

Lauren
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    Nope. . .Feb. 19!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH! Totally freaking out!!!
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    Hell to the YEAH! I'm in! I need some motivation!

All Brides are beautiful... but us brides will be breathtaking...and skinny!

Buff brides here we come!

My wedding is Aug.13, 2011! coming faster than I thought it would!

My birthday is January. The last year in my 20's! I'm trying to hold on to my youth! anyways, My license expires! Time for a new pic! I'm going to not lie on my drivers license! I'm going to put my actual weight down! So... I'm am giving myself a goal to be 130lbs by Jan. 28,2011 so I don't have to lie on my drivers license!

Challenge Accepted!

thats awesome, your birthday is my sons birthday and your wedding date is my daughters birthday lol !
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    im next after feb 19 - may 7!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Our wedding is June 18, 2011. I would like to weigh between 125-135. I'm currently at 170, so I really need to get my butt in gear! I think we've got pretty much everything planned out except for minor decorations. I'm expecting my bouquets, bouts, and coursages to arrive today. I went with fakes and plan on spritzing them with essential oil on the day of. Later this month, the 29th, I'll be going to shop with my gals for bridesmaids dresses and will be trying my gown on again then. It was too tight, so I hope it fits better!!!*Crosses her fingers*

Shannon
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

wow youre really ahead of the game, thats awesome lol. where did you get yor favors from?

I went online to http://www.weddingstar.com/. My friend JUST opened a wedding store in my home town and got me a wicked discount on these party favors...i'm not putting flowers in them though, my plan is to make seeded paper and write on them "plant some love" I already have the Canadian Wildflowers...they're 100% organic cotton:happy:

9070.jpg
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    I'm in! Countdown the the aisle is ON!!!!!!!!

I'm getting married October 14, 2011. My family is being so supportive that they said if my wedding dress no longer fits me because I lost so much weight (I bought a size 18) that they would buy me a new one in my new size!!! WOOHOO!

My goal is to lose 75lbs by July 1st which is probably the latest I could order a new dress if they can't size the one I have down. Takes about 2 months to order then they have to tailor it.... maybe even June 1st. I'm nervous!!!!!!!!!